[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

the only thing i dont understand how u guys upgrading ur minion damage.
i thought i did everything right
but pob says i have 17k dmg on my sentinels. Can you, please, explain.
the build is kinda new to me, so i dont think i understood the idea.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/fxTutasa

"
Lunethzz wrote:
It's been a while since someone stated that you could use Stampede boots for a massive movementspeed boost. You can anoint these boots with a nice passive (see my profile) to get spellblock back and some increase in ES. It's also easier to color your sockets. My build is not complete yet but I wanted to share this info with u guys. GL

Alright cus people keep saying this and i had chaos to spare i went and got a near perfect stampede and annointed it. The speed boost is NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared speed with a flask + using shield charge. You can keep speed flask up near permanently. These boots are MASSIVELY slower to anyone who thinks they might want to try it. Shield charge feels AWFUL at these speeds.
"
Truhls wrote:
"
Lunethzz wrote:
It's been a while since someone stated that you could use Stampede boots for a massive movementspeed boost. You can anoint these boots with a nice passive (see my profile) to get spellblock back and some increase in ES. It's also easier to color your sockets. My build is not complete yet but I wanted to share this info with u guys. GL

Alright cus people keep saying this and i had chaos to spare i went and got a near perfect stampede and annointed it. The speed boost is NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared speed with a flask + using shield charge. You can keep speed flask up near permanently. These boots are MASSIVELY slower to anyone who thinks they might want to try it. Shield charge feels AWFUL at these speeds.

Hmm that’s unfortunate. I haven’t tried shield charge yet, I prefer flame dash. But cyclone feels faster and cuz cyclone gift a nice defense boost is basically cyclone through the map. Thnx for testing it.
Anyone tried a mavened shaper or uber elder with this? Is it enough dps to out-regen the crazy maven buffs?

My 2c, the build looks well thought out and min-maxed, currently chugging along at lvl 78 doing early red maps, build needs levels to progress so patience is a virtue so far.

I'm doing the variant with despair gloves + vile toxins HOP + divergent maim, hope the DPS difference isn't too big over vuln gloves..

I finally figured out that the spiders need corpses to spawn (duuh me) but I'm still having trouble spawning all 20 from a single worm (sometimes 14, or 18), even with 2 desecrates, maybe I'll try desecrate linked with spell cascade.

The friggen holy relic dies all the time, is summoning it part of the normal mapping experience or am I doing something wrong? Linked it with meat shield and frenzy but still drops quite easily..

Question, why do we anoint potency of will which costs an opalescent when we can anoint an exceptional performance which costs a black oil?
Second-class poe gamer
"

HUGE wall of text :)

When checking your jewels I see you don't have any with "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you". I think that is also quite a bit source of your deaths. On Sirus but I noticed that some rituals also cause corrupted blood so you should really try to get that on one of the jewels.

This morning I woke up an hour before work started so did some catching up in delve while having my regular trade searches for the circle of guilt and the skin up. I managed to snipe a ring for 30c. It's not the perfect one but for the price it's great and allowed me another link on HoP. Shortly after I saw a 4R2B skin of the loyal up for 10c. I messaged the guy straight up and a bit later I got the invite. I was in delve, clicked the icon to teleport to him but I couldn't join his instance. Oh nooo... talked to the guy that I would relog and thank god he accepted my invite again and I got the armor for 10c. That leaves me some currency for other upgrades. A Shaper's touch with vuln is extremely rare so hope some more people out there will try a corrupt :)

Last league I rolled a -20% mana reservation for discipline on my helm and also got lucky on Sirus to get an awakened multistrike which allowed me to put the multistrike in the 6L HoP setup and though I am not experienced enough with PoB to check the damge it really felt they were hitting like a truck. A +1 sentinels is probably best as enchant but there are some other useful enchants for us in the big pool of enchants so it can open up other possibilities for HoP.

For people that are new to the build and struggling a bit with re-summoning... you will learn and it will be better and better. You will learn to recognize situations where you know when to desecrate and/or pop the flasks.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Exxi wrote:
As one of many following this guide, i gotta say im quite disappointed in progressing with gear. I wonder if this is all theory crafted or ever made ingame. Most of the gear suggested in PoB and this guide is almost impossible to get, some combinations of already expensive parts make it in the price range of 10+ ex or not even possible to get in a year.
You should re-evaluate this guide and suggest more realistic options instead of best-in-slot fit. Half of the gear has a price of 3ex-6ex, you should mention that in the introduction or for each listed gear and add this to the negative list of this build. My estimation of your PoB is 50-75ex at least.

What are you talking about? This is the second cheap build I have ever seen.
The first build is HOA jugg. It costs me less 250c to kill Uber Elder.
And this build costs me less than 5ex to kill AW8 Sirus.
a. Watcher's eye is not necessary.
b. All the others single item does not cost more than 1ex.(Two jewels and Body Armour costs 1ex each and others are just a few chaos).
c. I don't use empower 4 at first. I use impale instead and I still manage to kill Sirus AW8.
d. remember you don't need good rolls to make the build work.
Last edited by dennisleetw on Jan 25, 2021, 3:22:42 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
Anyone tried a mavened shaper or uber elder with this? Is it enough dps to out-regen the crazy maven buffs?

My 2c, the build looks well thought out and min-maxed, currently chugging along at lvl 78 doing early red maps, build needs levels to progress so patience is a virtue so far.

I'm doing the variant with despair gloves + vile toxins HOP + divergent maim, hope the DPS difference isn't too big over vuln gloves..

I finally figured out that the spiders need corpses to spawn (duuh me) but I'm still having trouble spawning all 20 from a single worm (sometimes 14, or 18), even with 2 desecrates, maybe I'll try desecrate linked with spell cascade.

The friggen holy relic dies all the time, is summoning it part of the normal mapping experience or am I doing something wrong? Linked it with meat shield and frenzy but still drops quite easily..

Question, why do we anoint potency of will which costs an opalescent when we can anoint an exceptional performance which costs a black oil?

I did Maven-witnessed Shaper a while ago (before getting some dps upgrades) and it definitely was tough, there were a lot of ground degens by the time I was done.

As for summoning the spiders from a worm, I always get 20 or 18 from it. Make sure to desecrate twice on the same spot. Not sure what else you could be doing different there, maybe it's just practise on my part.

The holy relic dying is definitely one of the worst parts. I usually don't bother resummoning it while mapping, reserving it for boss fights or very tough packs. I wonder if maybe those sockets could be used better for something more consistently up.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
The holy relic dying is definitely one of the worst parts. I usually don't bother resummoning it while mapping, reserving it for boss fights or very tough packs. I wonder if maybe those sockets could be used better for something more consistently up.

Just use CWDT - Holy Relic - Feeding Frenzy as this auto-summons the relic after accumulating about 3.7k damage. With glancing blows we take in a lot of damage (which we obviously out-heal with the ES on block) so if the relic dies it will be up quickly again. I never summon it manually so never have to worry about it.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Just use CWDT - Holy Relic - Feeding Frenzy as this auto-summons the relic after accumulating about 3.7k damage. With glancing blows we take in a lot of damage (which we obviously out-heal with the ES on block) so if the relic dies it will be up quickly again. I never summon it manually so never have to worry about it.

What's the point of having Feeding Frenzy on the relic? Isn't it just there to buff things?
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:

But then what gem do you drop? :O
For me the only option is flame dash.. can't drop any other
but i will never drop flame dash ..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info