[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Exxi wrote:
As one of many following this guide, i gotta say im quite disappointed in progressing with gear. I wonder if this is all theory crafted or ever made ingame. Most of the gear suggested in PoB and this guide is almost impossible to get, some combinations of already expensive parts make it in the price range of 10+ ex or not even possible to get in a year.
You should re-evaluate this guide and suggest more realistic options instead of best-in-slot fit. Half of the gear has a price of 3ex-6ex, you should mention that in the introduction or for each listed gear and add this to the negative list of this build. My estimation of your PoB is 50-75ex at least.

In a week I have managed to clear Cortex, Sirus, Maven 10 boss, 20/20 simulacrum (no deaths) with this build. So, sorry but you are wrong. Play the market sensibly and remember to run the build effectively you dont need all the endgame super gear that is listed in the guide - go for cheap rolls and rings that dont have sentinel damage at first, for example. Corrupted six links. etc.
"
EmperorVladI wrote:

However, i still can not understand why do i have such gigantic lack of damage.

[...]

Boss fights are insanely long and I'm dying quite often even with 20 spiders and 4 sentinels summoned. I mention all above to highlight the fact that even if i did PoB calculations wrong, there is significant lack of damage based on perception that support my PoB calculations.

I just checked your PoB and your damage should be alright; your HoP has 220k/150k/302k compared to mine (402k/2689k/544k with Empower 4 and the upgraded rings) with the previous conditions mentioned. You have two wasted strenght nodes leading to Glancing Blows so you can unspec out of those and put those towards something. Like Ravennnnnn said earlier, the biggest boost to your DPS would be a bleed source as that'll enable Bloodlust on your HoP (use Chance to Bleed, Divergent Maim, or Vuln on Hit Shaper's Touch).

If you're feeling lack of damage, always makes sure to use Signal Prey on the target you want to kill. Use Spirit Offering for the extra damage for your minions. Maintain Molten Shell when you think you're going to be hit. Just know this build doesn't delete bosses but slowly chunks away their HP. It's also not entirely a facetank everything build either; even with its good defenses, it's more to enable you to be punished less by not moving out of the way of attacks/spells. The best defense is always you dodging everything you can and the things you can not, the defenses will be there to save you. Defensively, you can also upgrade a few things like your Blue Dream into a Blue Nightmare, one of your belt jewels should get spell block, Vaal Discipline, and you can also get a Healthy Mind. You should anoint Potency of Will on your Astramentis as that lengthens the duration on your Minions. A defensive option is Arcane Guarding.

And to make you feel better, I still die occasionally in T14s-T16s from Sirus mobs, ground effects (detonate dead/bearers/Baran stuff), twinned bosses (Villa/Palace...), reduced block maps because I thought I was invincible. It made me how to play better and be less aggressive around certain things. Learn from your deaths and play better ;P.
"

I just checked your PoB and your damage should be alright; your HoP has 220k/150k/302k compared to mine (402k/2689k/544k with Empower 4 and the upgraded rings) with the previous conditions mentioned. You have two wasted strenght nodes leading to Glancing Blows so you can unspec out of those and put those towards something. Like Ravennnnnn said earlier, the biggest boost to your DPS would be a bleed source as that'll enable Bloodlust on your HoP (use Chance to Bleed, Divergent Maim, or Vuln on Hit Shaper's Touch).

If you're feeling lack of damage, always makes sure to use Signal Prey on the target you want to kill. Use Spirit Offering for the extra damage for your minions. Maintain Molten Shell when you think you're going to be hit. Just know this build doesn't delete bosses but slowly chunks away their HP. It's also not entirely a facetank everything build either; even with its good defenses, it's more to enable you to be punished less by not moving out of the way of attacks/spells. The best defense is always you dodging everything you can and the things you can not, the defenses will be there to save you. Defensively, you can also upgrade a few things like your Blue Dream into a Blue Nightmare, one of your belt jewels should get spell block, Vaal Discipline, and you can also get a Healthy Mind. You should anoint Potency of Will on your Astramentis as that lengthens the duration on your Minions. A defensive option is Arcane Guarding.

And to make you feel better, I still die occasionally in T14s-T16s from Sirus mobs, ground effects (detonate dead/bearers/Baran stuff), twinned bosses (Villa/Palace...), reduced block maps because I thought I was invincible. It made me how to play better and be less aggressive around certain things. Learn from your deaths and play better ;P.

Very much appreciate your efforts reviewing my build and pointing out at mistakes I've made. Wasted strong nodes were big deal another big thank you for that.

I will look forward to improve things you mentioned, build is great and i guess i just need to improve my own skill as well.

Cheers.
Hi all, first time with the build and with some problems, I don't know if I'm doing things right.

I can't afford 4R 2B Skin yet so I'm using a 3R 2B 1G, and using: HoP - Empower - Melee Phy - Minion Dmg - Predator - Impale, using Dread Banner and Determination (I'm at 99% mana reserve, good luck I could fit Banner for better Impale).

Is this setup OK for my Skin colors until I can afford the 4R 2B? Should use Ruthless instead Empower or Melee phy?

Is Signal Prey and Rallying cry for bosses only?

Our only source of bleed (to justify Bloodlust in the main setup) is the 6% chance of bleed of Divergent Maim linked in Cyclone? (If this is the case, I guess it's more effective again bosses?)

I'm having a pain summoning my spiders. They last 30 secs (I have Potency of will annoint) but when I do Desecrate + flask, my remaining spiders and/or Sentinels (if I still have any) kill the worms. Trying the Weapon swap trick to eliminate any remaining spiders but it's a pain in the ass. Any advice for smoother spider spawning?

If someone want to take a look at my char please feel free to do it. Please consider I still need to level up a bit I'm still doing Atlas completion. Thanks in advance and great build and great survivability.
Last edited by FedeS on Jan 24, 2021, 12:39:28 PM
"
FedeS wrote:
Hi all, first time with the build and with some problems, I don't know if I'm doing things right.

I can't afford 4R 2B Skin yet so I'm using a 3R 2B 1G, and using: HoP - Empower - Melee Phy - Minion Dmg - Predator - Impale, using Dread Banner and Determination (I'm at 99% mana reserve, good luck I could fit Banner for better Impale).

Is this setup OK for my Skin colors until I can afford the 4R 2B? Should use Ruthless instead Empower or Melee phy?

Is Signal Prey and Rallying cry for bosses only?

Our only source of bleed (to justify Bloodlust in the main setup) is the 6% chance of bleed of Divergent Maim linked in Cyclone? (If this is the case, I guess it's more effective again bosses?)

I'm having a pain summoning my spiders. They last 30 secs (I have Potency of will annoint) but when I do Desecrate + flask, my remaining spiders and/or Sentinels (if I still have any) kill the worms. Trying the Weapon swap trick to eliminate any remaining spiders but it's a pain in the ass. Any advice for smoother spider spawning?

If someone want to take a look at my char please feel free to do it. Please consider I still need to level up a bit I'm still doing Atlas completion. Thanks in advance and great build and great survivability.

Ye weapon swap and make sure you set your sentinels on a target with predator support. This will cause them to concentrate on target and not on your worms. Sometimes you have 2 spiders left that kill your worms. When I notice this, I weaponswap OR just wait till they disappear and resummon after that. We have enough defense to ‘wait’ till the extra onces dissappear.
Last edited by Lunethzz on Jan 24, 2021, 12:50:19 PM
Hi, need some help,heh..

1. How to summon sentinels? Im still in BA..and i dont have flask that i need, but either way, it seems that cycloning only spawns spiders? Need to understand what im doing wrong.

2. Spirit Offering/Molten Shell. When to use them? Bossing or regular mapping or situational wise?

3. Alternate quality gems. What i must have to make this build fully functional? Some crazy corrupted items are still way out of my league.

Once again, help please.. and thx in advance.
"
Hi, need some help,heh..

1. How to summon sentinels? Im still in BA..and i dont have flask that i need, but either way, it seems that cycloning only spawns spiders? Need to understand what im doing wrong.

2. Spirit Offering/Molten Shell. When to use them? Bossing or regular mapping or situational wise?

3. Alternate quality gems. What i must have to make this build fully functional? Some crazy corrupted items are still way out of my league.

1. Sentinels have a chance to be summoned when you hit a rare or unique enemy, or when you kill something. While mapping they should spawn on their own as your culling strike snipes some kills. Against bosses/rares, you just cyclone them until you've spawned 4, which doesn't take long in my experience.

2. Spirit Offering I'd reserve for bosses or large clusters of enemies. Use it when you need a damage boost, I wouldn't just spam it while doing normal clear. As for Molten Shell, use it when your ES takes a large dip or you anticipate a chunky hit.

3. I wouldn't say any of the alt quality gems are strictly necessary for the build to work at the basic level, most of them are nice to have/ a bit of extra damage. If you don't have the curse on hit gloves, then maim is probably a high priority for you, but otherwise I'd leave upgrading them until you can afford to.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
"
Hi, need some help,heh..

1. Sentinels have a chance to be summoned when you hit a rare or unique enemy, or when you kill something. While mapping they should spawn on their own as your culling strike snipes some kills. Against bosses/rares, you just cyclone them until you've spawned 4, which doesn't take long in my experience.

2. Spirit Offering I'd reserve for bosses or large clusters of enemies. Use it when you need a damage boost, I wouldn't just spam it while doing normal clear. As for Molten Shell, use it when your ES takes a large dip or you anticipate a chunky hit.

3. I wouldn't say any of the alt quality gems are strictly necessary for the build to work at the basic level, most of them are nice to have/ a bit of extra damage. If you don't have the curse on hit gloves, then maim is probably a high priority for you, but otherwise I'd leave upgrading them until you can afford to.

Thank you very much,sir.
"
Lunethzz wrote:
Ye weapon swap and make sure you set your sentinels on a target with predator support. This will cause them to concentrate on target and not on your worms. Sometimes you have 2 spiders left that kill your worms. When I notice this, I weaponswap OR just wait till they disappear and resummon after that. We have enough defense to ‘wait’ till the extra onces dissappear.

I am somewhat getting used to the spawning thing. Like all it's matter of practice I guess. Do you have any word on my other question btw? Thanks for your help.
Yo, can someone review my build and tell me where i can get better gears?
or in general be better?
Gear/Jewels/Tree/etc..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info