[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

As one of many following this guide, i gotta say im quite disappointed in progressing with gear. I wonder if this is all theory crafted or ever made ingame. Most of the gear suggested in PoB and this guide is almost impossible to get, some combinations of already expensive parts make it in the price range of 10+ ex or not even possible to get in a year.
You should re-evaluate this guide and suggest more realistic options instead of best-in-slot fit. Half of the gear has a price of 3ex-6ex, you should mention that in the introduction or for each listed gear and add this to the negative list of this build. My estimation of your PoB is 50-75ex at least.
He levelled the guardian 5 or more Leagues very high ingame. Each League the gear gets more expensive and popular. In Harvest the gear was extreme cheap, 4 chaos for most slots. But this league the build is expensive, like you recognize. Could be in some weeks very cheap again, but perhaps stay expensive too.
I was wondering what were good options for supports to use in a 4R1B1G chest?

I boomed my 4R2B and I'm using a different color one temporarily and using impale because it had a similar mana multiplier to predator-- is there a better one to use?

Thanks
"
Exxi wrote:
As one of many following this guide, i gotta say im quite disappointed in progressing with gear. I wonder if this is all theory crafted or ever made ingame. Most of the gear suggested in PoB and this guide is almost impossible to get, some combinations of already expensive parts make it in the price range of 10+ ex or not even possible to get in a year.
You should re-evaluate this guide and suggest more realistic options instead of best-in-slot fit. Half of the gear has a price of 3ex-6ex, you should mention that in the introduction or for each listed gear and add this to the negative list of this build. My estimation of your PoB is 50-75ex at least.

When I put together all the items for this build in Standard (where everything is more expensive) during Harvest, I spent a total of about 12ex or so, and that was including to buy a few legacy pieces that aren't nearly as available anymore. Since then, to really get this squared away, I've spent another 6-8 ex.

In league, prices are much more reasonable. This build is very viable, though it does require you to have most of the pieces before starting, rather than being able to do it with whatever random rares you have sitting around.
"
Exxi wrote:

Weird, i cant find anywhere in the title or the Pros of the build of this being an amazing and cheap league starter?

Wonder where you got that idea?

And as someone who used it as a league starter, check my gear. It works fine lol. I have zero other characters for this league as you can see, so currency was made only on my league character.
Last edited by Truhls on Jan 24, 2021, 12:27:58 AM
Hello!

I red the whole guide but I still don't understand how do I summon my spiders DURING a boss fight.

My minions kill the worms before I do, so the only option would be the weapon swap trick and wait for the HoP to disappear? Isn't that a lot of downtime?

Thanks!

"
guidulove wrote:
Hello!

I red the whole guide but I still don't understand how do I summon my spiders DURING a boss fight.

My minions kill the worms before I do, so the only option would be the weapon swap trick and wait for the HoP to disappear? Isn't that a lot of downtime?

Thanks!

Ye weapon swap and make sure you set your sentinels on a target with predator support. This will cause them to concentrate on target and not on your worms. Sometimes you have 2 spiders left that kill your worms. When I notice this, I weaponswap OR just wait till they disappear and resummon after that. We have enough defense to ‘wait’ till the extra onces dissappear.
"
Lunethzz wrote:
"
guidulove wrote:
Hello!

Thanks!

Ye weapon swap and make sure you set your sentinels on a target with predator support. This will cause them to concentrate on target and not on your worms. Sometimes you have 2 spiders left that kill your worms. When I notice this, I weaponswap OR just wait till they disappear and resummon after that. We have enough defense to ‘wait’ till the extra onces dissappear.

Cool! Thank you very much.

Another question (sorry I started playing the build today and I'm trying to figure out how things work): what should I have on my walk button?

I'm currently using Molten Shell on walk. Would you recommend something better?
Then the other buttons are: Signal Prey, Cyclone, Spirit Offering, Shield Charge, Rallying Cry, Vaal Molten Shell, Desecrate and Vaal Discipline. Is that right? Am I forgetting something?

Thanks again.
"
guidulove wrote:
"
Lunethzz wrote:
"
guidulove wrote:
Hello!

Thanks!

Cool! Thank you very much.

Another question (sorry I started playing the build today and I'm trying to figure out how things work): what should I have on my walk button?

I'm currently using Molten Shell on walk. Would you recommend something better?
Then the other buttons are: Signal Prey, Cyclone, Spirit Offering, Shield Charge, Rallying Cry, Vaal Molten Shell, Desecrate and Vaal Discipline. Is that right? Am I forgetting something?

Thanks again.

Currently I’m not using anything on left mouse. Just walk. But rallying cry would be your best choice here. It slows u down if u dont have the passive that makes shouts instant. But I don’t think its that big a deal since im primarly using cyclone to move.

Another free tip that I mentioned earlier, use Stampede boots. More movement speed and good thing about these boots is that u can anoint these boots with a good passive (see my profile). I use a stygian vise for more resis. It also frees up a flask (since movementspeed flasks dont work with the boots) so u can use sulphur flask.

Good luck mate
"
Lunethzz wrote:
Another free tip that I mentioned earlier, use Stampede boots. More movement speed and good thing about these boots is that u can anoint these boots with a good passive (see my profile). I use a stygian vise for more resis. It also frees up a flask (since movementspeed flasks dont work with the boots) so u can use sulphur flask.

How expensive/RNG-ish is it to anoint the boots? Definitely seems like it would be worth it for that passive + the QoL.

EDIT: more specifically, how do you annoint them, since I thought only amulets could be annointed?
Last edited by King_Haart on Jan 24, 2021, 6:18:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info