[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Just slowly got to Awakener 5 and face tanked Sirus's die beams. I've done the fights before but this character just ate them. It felt so relaxed and chill. Only issue was maintaining Spiders with desecrate which was a bit of nuisance.

Did a bunch of major upgrades to the build though. Bought myself a Blue Nightmare for spell block cap and have two Circle of Guilts running at the moment!

Snagged a 15% reservation one and divined it twice to 20% and got the other one for 3 ex. Just have to make more money to catalyst them to run a 6L HoP -- currently running mine as a 5L. I also have a level 4 empower waiting for me in a ritual which I hope to get as soon as I defer it enough... Also Vaaled my first HoP gem into 21/20 so extra dps! Maybe I'll get another one in my first batch that's being leveled right now.

Next big upgrades would probably be Vuln on Hit Shaper's Touch and maybe a Disciple + Cult Leader cluster when I get another level. This build is expensive but it does feel good to incrementally upgrade instead of letting my chaos rot in the stash.
"
wmin wrote:
Quick question. Since we are using signal prey on both HoP and spiders, do we have to allocate 2 diff signal prey to 2 hotkeys?

You do not. If you look in the gems section where the guide talks about alt qual pred, it mentions that one prey mark works for any minion supported by pred
I noticed the creator of this build is using a different gem setup on their current character? Anyone know if his setup is better?
How well it performes with Maven and 10 boss fights? I guess it has good defences, but is damage enough for maven regen?
how do you calculate the dps?

upon loading pob, each sentinel deals 846k dps x 4 = 3.384m

each spider deals 85k dps x 20 = 1.7m

am I right?
So I got myself this

I don't think the avatar of fire should be a problem for us since it doesn't affect minions. But I'd like to know if you guys agree with me. What do u think?
Last edited by Lunethzz on Jan 23, 2021, 12:20:57 PM
Update on playing this build... I've got one decent guilt ring and one highrolled HoP damage one. Storming through content atm - dps isn't amazing but it is fairly good. You notice the difference with the guilt ring. Just did Cortex (luckily dropped a cortex map from a random t16 map boss) and got bottled faith :)
i think my gear is pretty ok but i still can`t normaly run t14+ with mods, dps low and some time got hits on 6k energy shield xD
"
i think my gear is pretty ok but i still can`t normaly run t14+ with mods, dps low and some time got hits on 6k energy shield xD

-looks like you are still running dominating blow. Sort that out and get culling strike with cyclone so you can summon minions more effectively.
-your flasks are... weird. Get some sensible ones as in the guide. You need normal ones to cancel out damage over time - armour one especially.
-you have the two rings. you should be able to quality them and six link the HoP, or use enlighten with your auras to make mana space for it.
-Exchange your gems with a gcp to get 20% quality ones for more damage.
-Are your resits all capped? I don't see a lot of ele resist in your belt jewels.
-Why do you have tempest shield?
You want a anti=bleeding flask and a corrupted blood cannot be inflicted. For damage you need 5 or 6 links on your heralds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info