[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

I had some troubles at early maps like most people. I spent my first chaos on Aegis but that didn't really do what I expected. After getting Shaper's gloves and the Rainbowstride, I specced into Glancing Blows and it started to go a lot better. Some flasks and Molten Shell and it's not so squishy anymore.

I just sticked to Dominating Blow. I think it's fine, it's just getting better after a while in (white) maps. Also stil using Zombies, for some reason they do better now too. Probably the gem level I guess.

Saving for an Arakaali for the big switch now.
i've some trouble poppin all 20 spider with worms is there any special thing to do ?
what depend spiders damage? I cant pass 76lvl heist, they kill soooooo long
Hello,
I am really enjoying the build so far. Got pretty much everything. On red maps, I feel like Holy Relic is really lacking. It keeps dieing consistently and I can't keep it alive during a ritual. Have you experienced something else than Holy relic ?

Thanks!
I am wanting to start collecting parts for this build very soon. Though i want to mix things up and keep Dom Blow as the main 6link, leave HoP as a 4link with a AG with a king maker set up if it will live through fights.
"
Well, I lucked out super hard with a Brother's Stash card from a Divination Strongbox while trying to farm for an Arakaali's Fang so that funded almost the entirety of the build for me so far. I really needed at least an exalt drop because Dominating Blow was clunky to play with. Currently running around with 4.2k ES and haven't died besides the one time I got overconfident and got smacked by a boss inside a ritual.

My gear so far:
Spoiler

Secutor + Thief's Torment for easy resist cap. Some really mediocre abyss jewels.

Spiders are carrying me hard right now and my other minions aren't really doing much (but I'm just about to enter yellow maps so this doesn't mean much). I do regret buying a Skin of the Loyal so early (spent 3ex) and definitely think that money could've been prioritized on the rings required for the build. With Memory Vault being 50c ish at this point, I'm wondering if I should snag one right now or wait a bit longer. Time to slave away at chaos recipes until rings!

Well Memory Vault is already < 40c in less than 24 hours since your post so waiting seems reasonable if you can do that.

I'm still just in Act 6. Is this a very Flask-timing-heavy build or are the flasks mostly to get things going? My timing/muscle-memory tends to be pretty poor around these things.
The worm flasks are just to get your spiders up and I sometimes just pop them in very crowded areas and you are spinning around in a big group of mobs. If I'm down to e.g. 12 spiders or so that usually fills them up to 20 again.

I can also highly recommend getting an anomalous withering touch gem. The +20% skill effect duration causes your spiders to last longer which is just nice so you don't have to re-summon as often and in longer, tougher fights it means more time for your worm flasks to fill up. They are a tad expensive though. Got mine for 40c and I remember from last league that they didn't get super cheap because it doesn't drop that often.

"
Biosephyr wrote:
i've some trouble poppin all 20 spider with worms is there any special thing to do ?

You gotta make sure to cast desecrate at least twice to get max worms and no other minions alive that kill your worms. A great trick as mentioned before in this topic is to press X twice rapidly to unsummon left over spiders.

Also, if for some reason you only summon 12 or 18 spiders or something it's fine to attack a boss or mob pack. If it's a boss you let the spiders focus fire on it with signal prey (from predator support) and you can just cast desecrate once or twice, pop the worms, cyclone and have 20 spiders.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Last edited by JohnnyV76 on Jan 20, 2021, 2:22:50 AM
Worm flasks also sneakily let you do no regen maps, since they recover mana as well. It does feel a bit clunky but with the pantheon they refill on their own so you have as much mana as you need.
"
Hello,
I am really enjoying the build so far. Got pretty much everything. On red maps, I feel like Holy Relic is really lacking. It keeps dieing consistently and I can't keep it alive during a ritual. Have you experienced something else than Holy relic ?

Thanks!

use cast when stunned for the holy relic and predator in aegis aurora, you will be fine
Last edited by Biosephyr on Jan 20, 2021, 5:52:59 AM
So, I got a large cluster jewel with 10% minion damage nodes, should I go cluster early before branching towards CI? Level 59 right now, don't have anything in the way of ES gear really.

Any steps I should take to craft a jewel like this? Relative newbie to this stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info