[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Enjoying the build! I have been using a Gull in the helm slot until Memory Vault prices drop, and have found it really nice, particularly acceleration, armor/ES, and regen nodes. Does anyone know if these shrines affect minions?

I am having trouble with spider uptime on bosses. So much that I bought a Vaal Breach, to mixed success, and that doesn't work if I die. I find that when I pop the jars, my HoP minions will kill them too fast, even if I unsummon golem and relic first. Or I might only get 2/4 spiders. I've had to call a friend in to kill Drox twice now for example and I'm only on red maps. I know my DPS will get better with equipment and gem levels/quality but I'm worried ultimately about Shaper, Elder, and Maven. Any advice?
interesting about the vaal breach.

for bosses I have to use 2 or 3 writhing jars sometimes. more jars = more charges from pantheon.

also if my hop is up I wait until they aggro the boss and use worms away from them to get some spiders.

or just wait until they despawn/die.

drox specifically is a pain sometimes because his banners pulse and kill worms instantly. had a few fight where i just had to bring a banner down with HOP before i could use worms.
Last edited by Milk103 on Jan 18, 2021, 7:55:04 PM
Thanks for the reply - you made me realize I hadn't switched to Ryslatha. That will certainly help.

Vaal Breach has been great for Maven boss gatherings. I can usually pop enough spiders off flasks to zerg one down, and about halfway thru the fight I have enough charges to pop breach. I just haven't found it enough yet for Drox, and probably elder/shaper guardians when I get to those. Might be worth others playing around with too, if you can spare a gem slot.
im trying out "gain 1 charge when you are hit" flasks.

nothing to do with spider sustain/writhing just helps keep other flasks up on bosses too
What does % spell damage do for this build? Was thinking of taking %energy shield instead but wasn't sure.
Last edited by elucas6 on Jan 18, 2021, 10:41:41 PM
"
elucas6 wrote:
What does % spell damage do for this build? Was thinking of taking %energy shield instead but wasn't sure.

i thought nothing in this build do spell damage.

On another thing, I want to ask everyone. Can Switch out shield charge to flame dash? Or is shield charge very important?
Last edited by Sazzbot on Jan 19, 2021, 12:55:15 AM
"
On another thing, I want to ask everyone. Can Switch out shield charge to flame dash? Or is shield charge very important?

Yes, you can switch. I was using it from the league start and now im at red maps.
"
Tigrewurmut wrote:
"

Yes, you can switch. I was using it from the league start and now im at red maps.

Ok thanks. It feels easier to get pass objects with flame dash
Having some trouble outdamaging the Maven's healing against endgame bosses. Shaper fight, for example, takes forever with her healing him, which makes way too many ground degends stack up.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Any way to boost DPS without losing too much tankiness?
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
Having some trouble outdamaging the Maven's healing against endgame bosses. Shaper fight, for example, takes forever with her healing him, which makes way too many ground degends stack up.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Any way to boost DPS without losing too much tankiness?

Not nearly that far in Ritual league but guess you are playing in standard. Are you using melee splash on the spiders in that fight? If you are then you should replace it with (awakened) melee phys. That will boost single target damage a lot. Else, it's just getting higher gems, rings with sentinel damage and being able to use 6L HoP.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info