[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

After the nerfs to spectres (my go to build for years now) I was unsure of what minion build to play. This build looks awesome and I love the detail (and humour) included in the guide. I'm hoping this performs well with the new boss and ritual mechanics
"
radius540 wrote:
remain viable after today's patch note?

Yes.

"
BAST4RD wrote:
After the nerfs to spectres (my go to build for years now) I was unsure of what minion build to play. This build looks awesome and I love the detail (and humour) included in the guide. I'm hoping this performs well with the new boss and ritual mechanics

Thank you! :) It means a lot, especially considering the amount of time I spent writing the guide :') I genuinely think it's going to work great with rituals, as well as the Maven encounters, since standing strong against lots of mobs and, in general, damage, is exactly what we're great at. I hope you have lots of fun this league! ^^
Hi, loved your work, only 1 thing is hard for me actually it's to see what to do in the passive tree, is it possible for you to make a small POB, just for the leveling maybe :/

Thx for your work and even if you can't do the POB i'm glad that you made such a good guide :)
I am jumping on this build too this league. Sorry but expect item prices to go up a bit heh.
"
Biosephyr wrote:
Hi, loved your work, only 1 thing is hard for me actually it's to see what to do in the passive tree, is it possible for you to make a small POB, just for the leveling maybe :/

Thx for your work and even if you can't do the POB i'm glad that you made such a good guide :)

Check the Tl;dr: Path of Building section. The pob already includes very detailed leveling guide (skill tree progression).
Last edited by krzkn on Jan 12, 2021, 9:15:40 PM
Vatinas, what is your opinion on Carrion Golem? I saw you aren't using it yourself anymore this league (or previous), and now it got a slight nerf as well.
Last edited by baboen on Jan 13, 2021, 2:32:53 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:
I said this before, but I feel like I may need to say it once more: I really think Rainbowstride is better than the Stampede. I tried both myself, and you're just so much quicker with Rainbowstride. Also, the "regular" speed of Cyclone with Stampede just feels useless to me, since you only Cyclone when you're in the middle of the mobs, aka when a bit of extra movespeed isn't worth enough to sacrifice so much out-of-combat movespeed (with flask + onslaught + shield charge). So the guide will keep Rainbowstride. (But of course, people are always free to use what they want)

I haven't used the stampede so cannot compare. Perhaps I misunderstand the way it functions. It sets movement speed to 150% so isn't that the same as having boots with 50% increased movement speed? Rainbow stride gives 25% increased so howcome the rainbows are faster out of combat? Or is it because onslaught has no effect when using stampede? Onslaught (which we obviously have up almost all the time) adds 20% movement speed so that means you are already at 145% and the difference between them is minimal while rainbow gives other nice bonuses like 20 all res, more ES and mana. The anointment possibility on stampede is nice though. :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Played this build in Heist League, it's awesome!
Insanely clean and well written build Vatinas.

That's some nice work sir !
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

I haven't used the stampede so cannot compare. Perhaps I misunderstand the way it functions. It sets movement speed to 150% so isn't that the same as having boots with 50% increased movement speed? Rainbow stride gives 25% increased so howcome the rainbows are faster out of combat? Or is it because onslaught has no effect when using stampede? Onslaught (which we obviously have up almost all the time) adds 20% movement speed so that means you are already at 145% and the difference between them is minimal while rainbow gives other nice bonuses like 20 all res, more ES and mana. The anointment possibility on stampede is nice though. :)

The Stampede offers an override - it sets your MS to 150%, period. It doesn't matter if you have quicksilver flask, onslaught or use something that slows you down (like Cyclone, or certain unique items). Your MS will always be 150%.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info