[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
VCsp1ky wrote:
Any chance someone could showcase the build running a map?

I made the build and has a good clear, I have nothing to complain about, obviously not the fastest in the world.
"
We have also adjusted the Cluster Jewel notable passives Stalwart Commander and First Among Equals as they also were providing too much accessible aura effect.

2 nerfs atm, we don't know the numbers for the cluster yet

Last edited by ezarurazvan on Jan 11, 2021, 8:18:29 PM
"
ezarurazvan wrote:
"
We have also adjusted the Cluster Jewel notable passives Stalwart Commander and First Among Equals as they also were providing too much accessible aura effect.

2 nerfs atm, we don't know the numbers for the cluster yet

We lost curse and ele ailments too and that's kinda annoying for me. But we got 80% reduced curse.
Last edited by krzkn on Jan 11, 2021, 9:36:07 PM
Unwavering Crusade nerf: 30% increased damage loss is not nice for our spiders but it's not a game breaker imho and all minions gain 5% attack and movement speed so that makes up a little of the damage.

Time of Need nerf: The ailment removal every 5sec is going to hurt the most, more than we think I fear... so manual ailment removal is going to be very important. We will now have 30% of ES regenerated every 4 seconds instead of 5 so a more constant "heal". 80% reduced curse effect is actually pretty nice I think. Considering the tankiness of the build this could mean we are hardly effected by curses and can outheal any additional incoming damage.

Stalwart commander nerf: We don't know the numbers yet but we will have less max armor and ES.

So a small nerf to the spider's damage and a bit less survivability so far which probably means the build is still quite viable. I expect to see more deaths due to the absence of ailment removal. I think it would have been better if they made Time of Need something like: 60% reduced effect of curses AND ailments but we will see how manageable it is to do the manual removal.

I don't expect any big changes in skill gems.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
The ailments are annoying, but with the Ryslatha Pantheon, two Writhing Jars or maybe even one should be ok. The other three could remove an ailment each. Corrupted blood should be on a (cheaper) jewel.
In this case, the quicksilver flask will lose the bonus speed. Maybe a Phasing flask to make up for it ?

"
baboen wrote:
The ailments are annoying, but with the Ryslatha Pantheon, two Writhing Jars or maybe even one should be ok. The other three could remove an ailment each. Corrupted blood should be on a (cheaper) jewel.
In this case, the quicksilver flask will lose the bonus speed. Maybe a Phasing flask to make up for it ?

I thought the build uses The Stampede, why would you use a MS-flask anyway?
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
The original build does not use the stampede and while gathering currency a raibow stride will be the way to go but I am planning to go with the stampede also considering you can now craft a nice belt because of harvest.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
The original build does not use the stampede and while gathering currency a raibow stride will be the way to go but I am planning to go with the stampede also considering you can now craft a nice belt because of harvest.

I said this before, but I feel like I may need to say it once more: I really think Rainbowstride is better than the Stampede. I tried both myself, and you're just so much quicker with Rainbowstride. Also, the "regular" speed of Cyclone with Stampede just feels useless to me, since you only Cyclone when you're in the middle of the mobs, aka when a bit of extra movespeed isn't worth enough to sacrifice so much out-of-combat movespeed (with flask + onslaught + shield charge). So the guide will keep Rainbowstride. (But of course, people are always free to use what they want)
Last edited by Vatinas on Jan 12, 2021, 5:10:49 PM
remain viable after today's patch note?
I've been following this build since it came out and I sadly never got to playing it.

I think it's finally time I try it out since it looks like 3.13 patch didn't fuck it up :)

Thanks for making this amazing build and guide and good luck to everyone playing it this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info