[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

HI Vatinas, long time no see :)
I ended playing the build again in heist and ... AGAIN THE BEST EXPERIENCE!!! I started trying the blazing salvo mines, quite interesting, but I came back to this one after 3 weeks :D

I was wondering after reading the patch notes if there was something I wasn't catching cause I also didn't really feel that we were nerfed, on the other hand actually :), and then I just read your notes on 3.13 and I think I'm going to play this build again!!! :D, I got my own flavor of the build cause I never find an affordable shaper gloves with vulnerability (1 ex drop in the whole league!!!!)

I didn't really liked the carrion golem either, spectres was one option, but I was using Stone Golem to get some extra regen (not that big but helps against burning ground or some other DoT). But now that you mention Holy Relic I'll give it a try.

Not sure if I'll start with this one or will try other (still have 3 ascendancies I've never played and want to have at least one char of each one :P), but I'm 100% sure I'll play it (probably after 2 or 3 weeks again :P )

Thanks for all, and see you around!!
"
Kemmotar1 wrote:
HI Vatinas, long time no see :)
I ended playing the build again in heist and ... AGAIN THE BEST EXPERIENCE!!! I started trying the blazing salvo mines, quite interesting, but I came back to this one after 3 weeks :D

I was wondering after reading the patch notes if there was something I wasn't catching cause I also didn't really feel that we were nerfed, on the other hand actually :), and then I just read your notes on 3.13 and I think I'm going to play this build again!!! :D, I got my own flavor of the build cause I never find an affordable shaper gloves with vulnerability (1 ex drop in the whole league!!!!)

I didn't really liked the carrion golem either, spectres was one option, but I was using Stone Golem to get some extra regen (not that big but helps against burning ground or some other DoT). But now that you mention Holy Relic I'll give it a try.

Not sure if I'll start with this one or will try other (still have 3 ascendancies I've never played and want to have at least one char of each one :P), but I'm 100% sure I'll play it (probably after 2 or 3 weeks again :P )

Thanks for all, and see you around!!

Hi! :D

I'm glad to hear that! I hope everything goes great for you, no matter what build you end up playing. <3

(And about the gloves, keep in mind you can absolutely get Despair on hit, as long as you get the alternate Maim quality that gives you chance to bleed on hit!)

Cya and good luck! :)
HI Vatinas!
Nice fucking build!!
The level of detail and care about everything to cover the build are amazing.
Congrats!!

As a Siege Ballista Lover (played and obliterated all things last 3 seasons with it), I will try your build.

It seems to be very consistent in dmg and surv. Also, it will be a challenge cause never playerd a CI build :)

Ty again!
I will follow the guide ahead the new season starts.

Neo.
Also is there an alternative/different option of body armor to use instead skin of the royal ?
So we can be more flexible about gearing before the right colors appear on the market.
Last edited by Sazzbot on Jan 14, 2021, 2:25:34 AM
Hi Vatinas,

I have 2 remarks about your 3.13 update.

You mention:
For Unwavering Crusade, our minions lost 30% increased damage and gained 5% attack, cast, and move speed. This should result in a net small damage loss, but nothing too consequent. However, the increased attack and move speed should make the build feel smoother, both while killing things and moving.

Indeed, the 5% extra attack and movement speed on the spiders and sentinels will outweigh a good portion of the 30% increased damage lost but I don't understand about the build feeling smoother while killing things and moving.

The 20% increased movement, cast and attack speed only applies to nearby allies and do not affect us, the player. So all in all the change to unwavering crusade is a slight nerf to net damage.

Also, you are not mentioning the elimination of the automatic elemental ailment removal every 5sec in Time of Need. This is a big thing! Before, you often did not have to use flasks to remove an ignite, freeze or shock because you could survive until all got automatically removed.

With the elemental ailment removal gone we are short one manual removal. You need 2 worm flasks so 3 other flasks left. You need a normal bleed removal flask so that leaves 2 flasks to remove 3 possible (perhaps even more if you also count scorch, brittle, and sap) elemental ailments.

Since last league I initially died a lot to ignites, a dousing flask is mandatory. The choice is then to leave out a freeze removal or shock removal. I am thinking we should keep the freeze removal and leave the shock removal. If we take the Shock Resistance node near Annointed Flesh it should hopefully be manageable. In a heist I had some narrow escapes while being shocked and bursted as the incoming damage was more than what we could heal back. This probably requires real life testing in the new league as it could turn out that freezes are better manageable because of the Pantheon anyway.

You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Hi Vatinas,

I have 2 remarks about your 3.13 update.

You mention:
For Unwavering Crusade, our minions lost 30% increased damage and gained 5% attack, cast, and move speed. This should result in a net small damage loss, but nothing too consequent. However, the increased attack and move speed should make the build feel smoother, both while killing things and moving.

Indeed, the 5% extra attack and movement speed on the spiders and sentinels will outweigh a good portion of the 30% increased damage lost but I don't understand about the build feeling smoother while killing things and moving.

The 20% increased movement, cast and attack speed only applies to nearby allies and do not affect us, the player. So all in all the change to unwavering crusade is a slight nerf to net damage.

Also, you are not mentioning the elimination of the automatic elemental ailment removal every 5sec in Time of Need. This is a big thing! Before, you often did not have to use flasks to remove an ignite, freeze or shock because you could survive until all got automatically removed.

With the elemental ailment removal gone we are short one manual removal. You need 2 worm flasks so 3 other flasks left. You need a normal bleed removal flask so that leaves 2 flasks to remove 3 possible (perhaps even more if you also count scorch, brittle, and sap) elemental ailments.

Since last league I initially died a lot to ignites, a dousing flask is mandatory. The choice is then to leave out a freeze removal or shock removal. I am thinking we should keep the freeze removal and leave the shock removal. If we take the Shock Resistance node near Annointed Flesh it should hopefully be manageable. In a heist I had some narrow escapes while being shocked and bursted as the incoming damage was more than what we could heal back. This probably requires real life testing in the new league as it could turn out that freezes are better manageable because of the Pantheon anyway.

I think the aim is getting one of the cheaper jewel corrupted with anti-bleed. An anti-freeze flask is probably not needed because of the patheon and other things, as Vatinas explained a few posts above this.

That would leave shock and ignite. Those could be on a granite flask and another one (probably not the quicksilver, but the 5th one, assuming using two Writhing Jars)
another option for elemental ailments.

> unwavering stance
> Soul of Arakaali - reduce shock by total of 80% now. + dmg over time help
> cannot be frozen on rare boots - make up for spell block somewhere else ?
> only ignite is left
"
Milk103 wrote:
another option for elemental ailments.

> unwavering stance
> Soul of Arakaali - reduce shock by total of 80% now. + dmg over time help
> cannot be frozen on rare boots - make up for spell block somewhere else ?
> only ignite is left

Although honestly just sounds better to deal with 50% shock and use ignite flask.
Playing a lot this build over the last two leagues, I was frozen and didn't die (not being auto removed but expiring), been shocked and dmg wasn't so high that I die cause of that really (I've die sometimes but never cause being shocked :P). But ignite was always a little of a problem that probably now will have to have a flask for it instead of freeze. Bleeding is a must "Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" doesn't mean you can't be affected by bleed, and I haven't seen a corruption that you cannot be inflicted with bleed.

One thing I don't get from previous post: How does Unwavering Stance helps with elemental ailments? Also Soul of Arakali is only 30% reduced effect of shock.
Last edited by Kemmotar1 on Jan 14, 2021, 2:44:49 AM
Alternative body armor to use before finding 4 red 2 blue skin of the royal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info