[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
DLimited wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

I haven't used the stampede so cannot compare. Perhaps I misunderstand the way it functions. It sets movement speed to 150% so isn't that the same as having boots with 50% increased movement speed? Rainbow stride gives 25% increased so howcome the rainbows are faster out of combat? Or is it because onslaught has no effect when using stampede? Onslaught (which we obviously have up almost all the time) adds 20% movement speed so that means you are already at 145% and the difference between them is minimal while rainbow gives other nice bonuses like 20 all res, more ES and mana. The anointment possibility on stampede is nice though. :)

The Stampede offers an override - it sets your MS to 150%, period. It doesn't matter if you have quicksilver flask, onslaught or use something that slows you down (like Cyclone, or certain unique items). Your MS will always be 150%.

Exactly :) Well, to be more accurate, it sets your move speed to 150% of its base value, so it's more like having 50% increased move speed constantly. Which is nice for when you Cyclone (but, like I said, it's not that useful in practice), but when moving around between packs, we have three things that act as move speed buffs: onslaught, like you said; a quicksilver flask, that grants 40% base (without the "adrenaline" suffix if you have it); and shield charge, which also counts as a move speed buff (if you read its tooltip, it says "#% increased movement speed"), which is even increased by our attack speed (which is, itself, increased by onslaught and our number of spiders). Those three make us very fast while mapping, way faster than with the Stampede.
"
baboen wrote:
Vatinas, what is your opinion on Carrion Golem? I saw you aren't using it yourself anymore this league (or previous), and now it got a slight nerf as well.

The nerf to Carrion is only to its damage, and we didn't use it to deal damage anyway. The goal of the "extra" minion is only to grant us the Feeding Frenzy buff, nothing more, so the only thing that influences our choice of minion is its behaviour, and not its damage. I used to like the Carrion golem, over other golems, because it was pretty agressive and had a leap, which meant it granted us FF quite often. But this league, I thought about trying out Holy Relic, which is much, much faster to move and attack, which means we have an absolutely permanent FF buff; and it's unaffected by ground effects (like Sirus burning grounds, for instance), and tends to not draw aggro, which makes it surprisingly durable. So I went with it, and I intend to add it to the guide instead (when I have the motivation to do it :p).
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
baboen wrote:
Vatinas, what is your opinion on Carrion Golem? I saw you aren't using it yourself anymore this league (or previous), and now it got a slight nerf as well.

The nerf to Carrion is only to its damage, and we didn't use it to deal damage anyway. The goal of the "extra" minion is only to grant us the Feeding Frenzy buff, nothing more, so the only thing that influences our choice of minion is its behaviour, and not its damage. I used to like the Carrion golem, over other golems, because it was pretty agressive and had a leap, which meant it granted us FF quite often. But this league, I thought about trying out Holy Relic, which is much, much faster to move and attack, which means we have an absolutely permanent FF buff; and it's unaffected by ground effects (like Sirus burning grounds, for instance), and tends to not draw aggro, which makes it surprisingly durable. So I went with it, and I intend to add it to the guide instead (when I have the motivation to do it :p).

Thanks for the reply. I will go for Holy Relic as well.
I only playtested a little bit with this build after respeccing him, and one small thing I didn't like about the Carrion Golem was that he killed my worms pretty often. I hope that the relic will only trigger its attack after mine, so I have a better chance of killing the worm.
How big of a problem is freeze and chill for this build? Considering Guardian no longer has free ailment removal I wonder if using an Auxium belt would be a good thing.
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
"
baboen wrote:
I only playtested a little bit with this build after respeccing him, and one small thing I didn't like about the Carrion Golem was that he killed my worms pretty often. I hope that the relic will only trigger its attack after mine, so I have a better chance of killing the worm.

Carion Golem was quite annoying to kill your worms. With holy relic that problem does not exist. Big improvement.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Will this bild be good for the league start? I love to play with minions, unfortunately spectre ggg killed :(
"
baboen wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
baboen wrote:

The relic never kills worms, its nova triggers after our hit. :)

"
DLimited wrote:
How big of a problem is freeze and chill for this build? Considering Guardian no longer has free ailment removal I wonder if using an Auxium belt would be a good thing.

It's written in the "Defensive mechanics" subpart of the "Build mechanics (please read!)" part.

"
grf3go wrote:
Will this bild be good for the league start? I love to play with minions, unfortunately spectre ggg killed :(

There's a "League start" section, as well as a "Gear progression, from league start to end game" one.
This was my first time playing this game, this guide was very good and I am going to play this build when the next league starts. Thank you for making it.
Shield charge with no attackspeed, 105% MS w/ flask and zero map run videos makes me wonder how long it would take to complete some juiced map with it...
"
Grizone wrote:
Shield charge with no attackspeed, 105% MS w/ flask and zero map run videos makes me wonder how long it would take to complete some juiced map with it...

It's really quick. "no attack speed", you have onslaught and attack speed from your spiders being up. Also, keep in mind that level and quality on Shield Charge influences the speed, and in the videos I recorded a while ago, I didn't have any quality.

That being said, I said straight away in the guide that this build isn't meant to be the best in any one area. It's not the best boss killer, or the best clearer. But it can do both very well. If you're expecting a 500% move speed wander-like clear, I'm sorry, but it's not what it is. But, it's still very fast, and more than fast enough for me, and all the people I know who have mapped with it, to feel comfortable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info