[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

I gave up on the build. With just HoP and en enlightened 6L I was reserving 80% or more of my mana. The multipliers from the other gems increases HoP soo much I couldn't run anything else much less a 50% mana reserve additional aura. Maybe I did something wrong but I had all the passive, all the jewels and all the unique. About 15ex on PS... Decided to modify instead of trash due to the investment. Modified build is decent but can't do fungal or temple prep maps due to its low clear speed/dps.
Will this build work in 3.13?
I never died once with this build in t16 heists or maps this league, I didn't play that much cuz I didn't like the league but the build is still way stronger than everything else I've played for the same currency. I've played it on the 3 weeks event and it was pretty nice and easy to level, a bit clunky until I got arakali's fang but after that the clear was amazing. Also did some simulacrums and I killed both bosses on the last round without any issue.

"
I gave up on the build. With just HoP and en enlightened 6L I was reserving 80% or more of my mana. The multipliers from the other gems increases HoP soo much I couldn't run anything else much less a 50% mana reserve additional aura. Maybe I did something wrong but I had all the passive, all the jewels and all the unique. About 15ex on PS... Decided to modify instead of trash due to the investment. Modified build is decent but can't do fungal or temple prep maps due to its low clear speed/dps.

Have you got the rings with 20% less mana reserved with full catalysts on them ?

@Vatinas do you think you can add the Heist gems that will make this build even better, now that we know that Heist it's going core? I've saw that you were testing some of them and some look pretty good.
"
Ironfrank123 wrote:
Will this build work in 3.13?

I can't say for sure before the patch notes, but I don't see why not.

"
ezarurazvan wrote:
I never died once with this build in t16 heists or maps this league, I didn't play that much cuz I didn't like the league but the build is still way stronger than everything else I've played for the same currency. I've played it on the 3 weeks event and it was pretty nice and easy to level, a bit clunky until I got arakali's fang but after that the clear was amazing. Also did some simulacrums and I killed both bosses on the last round without any issue.

"

Have you got the rings with 20% less mana reserved with full catalysts on them ?

@Vatinas do you think you can add the Heist gems that will make this build even better, now that we know that Heist it's going core? I've saw that you were testing some of them and some look pretty good.

Yep, you're absolutely right! I'll need to do that in the coming days. With that plus the patch notes, looks like I'll have a lot of work to do... :')

In the meantime, import my character (DefilerOfEmotions) if you want to see what gems I ended up using.
Very interesting build, i have a question that is not the smartest one, but i'll ask anyway.
Lets say, i'm old and lazy, to deal with the Arakali Fang mechanic, worms, and spiders stuff.
Can this build work (i'm aware of nerf in dmg it would do) without it?
If lets say someone is OK with making that sacrifice, what would be the replacement weapon? any suggestions :D
Tnx A lot man
"
Madivnar wrote:
Very interesting build, i have a question that is not the smartest one, but i'll ask anyway.
Lets say, i'm old and lazy, to deal with the Arakali Fang mechanic, worms, and spiders stuff.
If lets say someone is OK with making that sacrifice, what would be the replacement weapon? any suggestions :D
Tnx A lot man

Umm no... it really is built completely around supercharging your spiders so they just wreck havoc.

I was able to clear everything in Harvest league with this one and one of the things that helped me a lot not having to super concentrate on the flasks was using Soul of Ryslatha Pantheon to just recharge the flasks as you dodge.

Maybe there could be some kind of crazy herald of purity with golems or some other minions that would be similar but i haven't kept up on the builds this season
"
"
Madivnar wrote:
Tnx A lot man

Umm no... it really is built completely around supercharging your spiders so they just wreck havoc.

I was able to clear everything in Harvest league with this one and one of the things that helped me a lot not having to super concentrate on the flasks was using Soul of Ryslatha Pantheon to just recharge the flasks as you dodge.

Maybe there could be some kind of crazy herald of purity with golems or some other minions that would be similar but i haven't kept up on the builds this season

Maybe the HoA version would work instead of spiders, but I haven't found much info about that. I do know a HoA guide but it using specters as well (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2663126/page/1)

"
baboen wrote:
"
"
Madivnar wrote:
Tnx A lot man

Maybe the HoA version would work instead of spiders, but I haven't found much info about that. I do know a HoA guide but it using specters as well (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2663126/page/1)

Actually, this build started out as a HoA build. Until someone asked me if it was possible to play with HoP instead, and, as I theorycrafted around it, I found that HoP is just much stronger all around. Here's a summary of my findings back at the time:

HoP pros:
+ More damage overall, especially once min maxed.
+ Doesn't require us to use poison support.
+ The Circles of Guilt (rings for HoP) are much better for us than the Circles of Nostalgia (rings for HoA) (good amount of flat armour VS chaos resist, useless since we're CI).
+ Most important one: HoP sentinels always have their full damage, while HoA crawler requires us to hit constantly to stay at 40 virulence, which is especially hard in fights like Sirus or Uber Elder (and, of course, during clear as well, but we don't need 100% of our DPS for trash mobs anyway).

HoP cons:
- Melee, no projectile, so they contribute a bit less to clear than the HoA crawler. However, the difference is not that notable, since we make them hella fast and there are 4 (or 5) of them, and the 20 spiders on steroids with melee splash tend to do the job anyway.
- While the HoP sentinel summon mechanics on bosses ends up being the same as the HoA crawler (hit the boss), their summon mechanic during clear requires you to kill stuff. However, with Culling Strike on Cyclone, and with the enemies who die from the spider's poison being credited as kills to us, they're always up anyway.
Any chance someone could showcase the build running a map?
Nerf in the damage of the minions, the build continues to function.
So many unnecessary nerfs.
Last edited by Alkatraz_BR on Jan 11, 2021, 6:18:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info