[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
saxisa wrote:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, not enough mana to run 6L herald at lvl 91. Rings are 22% reduced each which may not be enough, but hard to see how 1 or 2% reservation will make enough of a difference to run 6L.

I can socket a lvl3 empower but then mana drops to 0 and cant do anything. Trying to follow guide pretty closely and read FAQ but I must have missed something. Suggestions?

I had this exact problem (including both rings at 22%, and being at 0 mana with empower) and upgrading one ring to 24% reduced reservation solved it. ~50 mana from 1% unreserved is more than enough for the build (per the OP pob) because of the reduced mana cost nodes and mana regen. Even on 60% recovery map mods you'll sustain full mana.
Last edited by zagrotho on Dec 6, 2020, 3:11:41 PM
Did Sirus get buffed since 3.11? I definitely couldn't run into all the hits from A8 Sirus like the video and survive. I have 7K ES instead of 7.2K ES from the video and 65K armour instead of the POB's 75K. Do those make that much difference?

Edit: Just an update for anyone like me. I wanted to do A8 deathless but I had a hard time with shield charge stacking the "everlasting fire" debuff on me, so I swapped in flame dash and made sure to keep molten shell up by reflex whenever I heard "die" and the fight was a cakewalk.
Last edited by zagrotho on Dec 6, 2020, 10:26:41 PM
"
zagrotho wrote:
"
saxisa wrote:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, not enough mana to run 6L herald at lvl 91. Rings are 22% reduced each which may not be enough, but hard to see how 1 or 2% reservation will make enough of a difference to run 6L.

I can socket a lvl3 empower but then mana drops to 0 and cant do anything. Trying to follow guide pretty closely and read FAQ but I must have missed something. Suggestions?

I had this exact problem (including both rings at 22%, and being at 0 mana with empower) and upgrading one ring to 24% reduced reservation solved it. ~50 mana from 1% unreserved is more than enough for the build (per the OP pob) because of the reduced mana cost nodes and mana regen. Even on 60% recovery map mods you'll sustain full mana.

Nice! I'll focus on getting one ring upgraded then. Thanks.
Weird. When I open PoB from the guide for this build and downlevel gems to what I'm using it still shows HoP Av Damage is 248k. For my build, which seems mostly identical, I only have 148k. I've checked the config and it all looks the same.

Anyone have any idea why?
"
saxisa wrote:
Weird. When I open PoB from the guide for this build and downlevel gems to what I'm using it still shows HoP Av Damage is 248k. For my build, which seems mostly identical, I only have 148k. I've checked the config and it all looks the same.

Anyone have any idea why?

Under calcs you can check "show minion stats" and then you can hover the numbers to see the sources of damage. Kind of a pain but you can work from there. Some items affect minion damage, as well as passive tree and config (which even if you checked it's easy to miss stuff).
"
zagrotho wrote:
Under calcs you can check "show minion stats" and then you can hover the numbers to see the sources of damage. Kind of a pain but you can work from there. Some items affect minion damage, as well as passive tree and config (which even if you checked it's easy to miss stuff).

This was super helpful, thanks. I think I've figured most of the stuff out.

Overall, really pleased with this build. My only challenge with routine stuff is blight and legions. Anything time based really is hard because it seems the spiders don't kill fast enough (and I have all 20 up). Just how it goes with this build or are there things I can focus on to take on blight maps and legion stuff?
Last edited by saxisa on Dec 10, 2020, 1:59:44 AM
How to raise 20 spiders instantly using spirit offering during the boss fight?

Hi,
I play raise spiders/herald of purity guardian. Normally, it is easy to raise 20 spiders by using Writhing Jar and kill worms and there are some spiders show up and kill nearby monsters and I get 20 spiders instantly.
However, during boss(sirus) fight, there are no other monsters or corpses to raise spiders.
I check this video at 0:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSE3r9fO08o&feature=youtu.be
But I still don’t get it.

He casts spirit offering a few times while there are no corpses and he attacks sirus using cyclone and all of a sudden, 20 spiders show up instantly. Could someone explain the mechanism, thanks
Last edited by dennisleetw on Dec 10, 2020, 9:21:14 PM
"
dennisleetw wrote:
He casts spirit offering a few times while there are no corpses and he attacks sirus using cyclone and all of a sudden, 20 spiders show up instantly. Could someone explain the mechanism, thanks

Looks like he has desecrate bound to movement. So he moves, corpses spawn and spiders appear when he pops flask? Actually that may not work (tried it). Somehow he's dropping desecrate though I think.
Last edited by saxisa on Dec 11, 2020, 1:29:05 AM
hi, can anyone share their experience with leveling this as a league starter? for me it feels like alot of pain - first 3 acts were okay, but now it feels like: im dealing no damage with dominating blow and my minions are dying like nothing. gear is "okay" for a league start - right now im not in the mood to continue leveling this way - any good advice?

most of the time im playing summoner or totems - i managed to get into maps + 2 completed labs in 4:37 in mayhem - right now im in act 6 alrdy having almost 3h :/

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554248/page/161 UEBELSTamPURITYN is the char im talking about
Last edited by maverik1337 on Dec 11, 2020, 5:31:03 AM
"
saxisa wrote:
"
dennisleetw wrote:

Looks like he has desecrate bound to movement. So he moves, corpses spawn and spiders appear when he pops flask? Actually that may not work (tried it). Somehow he's dropping desecrate though I think.

Yep. I have Desecrate on my left click, which means that when I left click "normally", I move, and when I Shift + left click, I Desecrate. That works with a certain number of skills (for instance, it works for summoning golems).

So for boss fights, I Desecrate twice (with shift + left click), which creates 10 corpses. Then I pop my worm flasks and Cyclone to kill at least one worm, which spawns 20 spiders (2 per corpse). Sometimes I only get 18 if I'm a bit too far from the corpses, but whatever. ^^

"
maverik1337 wrote:
hi, can anyone share their experience with leveling this as a league starter? for me it feels like alot of pain - first 3 acts were okay, but now it feels like: im dealing no damage with dominating blow and my minions are dying like nothing. gear is "okay" for a league start - right now im not in the mood to continue leveling this way - any good advice?

most of the time im playing summoner or totems - i managed to get into maps + 2 completed labs in 4:37 in mayhem - right now im in act 6 alrdy having almost 3h :/

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554248/page/161 UEBELSTamPURITYN is the char im talking about

6 acts in 3 hours is a decent time for a league start, at least for me. It's normal that Mayhem is faster, because of all the extra mods you get.

And in the character you linked, you already switched to spiders + cyclone, so I'm assuming it's smoother now. Remember to get Feeding Frenzy on your relic, it will make all minions stronger as faster for virtually no cost. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info