[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Used this build to beat Sirus A8 for the first time ever! I kept dying in his last phase from the super beam attack--I think it causes corrupting blood and I don't have a jewel for that yet. Also didn't have molten shell up at the right time. Fun build, thanks for making this!

Last edited by crunchylaua on Nov 29, 2020, 11:02:20 AM
Most tanky build I have ever played and it fits my playstyle perfectly. Thank you so much for this guide. I am level 96 in Heist at the moment. With the Aul's Uprising I was able to slot in an Aspect of the Spider. Currently sitting at around 7.8k ES.

"
gelion228 wrote:
"
saxisa wrote:
For whatever reason, the only time I seem to die is when I get 'stuck'. Usually surrounded by a pack of mobs. I can't tell if it's my network or I'm stunned or what, but I can't walk, cyclone or flame dash.

Very frustrating to feel stuck and then die.

You dont have shock immunity/shock evading/reducing shock duration in the build and looks like you dont have full panteon completed.

Okay completed pantheon... not sure where the shock immunity/evasion/reduction is supposed to come from?
"
saxisa wrote:
"
gelion228 wrote:
"
saxisa wrote:
For whatever reason, the only time I seem to die is when I get 'stuck'. Usually surrounded by a pack of mobs. I can't tell if it's my network or I'm stunned or what, but I can't walk, cyclone or flame dash.

Very frustrating to feel stuck and then die.

You dont have shock immunity/shock evading/reducing shock duration in the build and looks like you dont have full panteon completed.

Okay completed pantheon... not sure where the shock immunity/evasion/reduction is supposed to come from?

"Shock resistance" in the build tree. With "elemental resistance" and "Anointed flesh" it will be 20% reducing shock effect and 50% reducing shock duration. For the first time it will be enough. But for absolute brainless gameplay you need something more, like +1 small cluster jewel or antishock flask.
Just tried to do a map with elder guardian (purifier) and couldn't kill him. Full spiders up and guardians. ES would just drain away.

I'm no expert on that fight, but what's the trick to do him with this build? Gear below:

Have 5.9k ES.
Super fun build. I think I only run into trouble with DOTs. Especially fire damage, it seems. Like if I don't take Guardian of the Phoenix down quickly, like in the OP vid, then all the fire damage happening tends to down me, so I have a hard time doing that one deathless. In general my only deaths for a long time have been getting drained down somehow or other.

If I'm not bossing I swap the 3rd worm for an extra flask so I have both dousing/staunching. Is that generally how the build plays out, or does it get more DOT defense from the tree in the last 10 levels or something?
"
saxisa wrote:
Just tried to do a map with elder guardian (purifier) and couldn't kill him. Full spiders up and guardians. ES would just drain away.

I'm no expert on that fight, but what's the trick to do him with this build?
Have 5.9k ES.

Do you only use 1 worm flask? You really should have 2.
I have killed the elder guardians many times this league and only if I had some lethal mods on the map I died but that was very rare... as in.. that happened once or twice. If you are having trouble with a boss make sure to swap out melee splash with (awakened) melee phys damage. That gives a big boost to the spiders. Are you sure you have most spiders up all the time? Unless you have really buffed HoP (by 6L) their damage is so so. The spiders do most of the damage so try to get 20 and you should see the purifier melt.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
zagrotho wrote:
Super fun build. I think I only run into trouble with DOTs. Especially fire damage, it seems. Like if I don't take Guardian of the Phoenix down quickly, like in the OP vid, then all the fire damage happening tends to down me, so I have a hard time doing that one deathless. In general my only deaths for a long time have been getting drained down somehow or other.

If I'm not bossing I swap the 3rd worm for an extra flask so I have both dousing/staunching. Is that generally how the build plays out, or does it get more DOT defense from the tree in the last 10 levels or something?

Phoenix always rekts 99% of builds if you want to tank his boooooooom. Use vaal molten shell before booom and you will survive.
DOTs are annoying, so I use vitality just for contr them. Not the best option for more DOT defense, but cheap.

"
saxisa wrote:

I'm no expert on that fight, but what's the trick to do him with this build?

Have 5.9k ES.

looks like you get suiside map mods. "minions have 40%+ chance to ignite", extra fire damage and gg. Try to get immunity to all elemental ailments to ignore every map mod in the game.
"
gelion228 wrote:

looks like you get suiside map mods. "minions have 40%+ chance to ignite", extra fire damage and gg. Try to get immunity to all elemental ailments to ignore every map mod in the game.

How to get immunity to all elemental ailments? Looks like the crystal skin node is too far away, and helm and glove mods aren't possible with our gear?
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, not enough mana to run 6L herald at lvl 91. Rings are 22% reduced each which may not be enough, but hard to see how 1 or 2% reservation will make enough of a difference to run 6L.

I can socket a lvl3 empower but then mana drops to 0 and cant do anything. Trying to follow guide pretty closely and read FAQ but I must have missed something. Suggestions?

Last edited by saxisa on Dec 5, 2020, 10:07:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info