[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Thinking about taking this build for a spin... looks cool! How is it with incursions? I'm playing chaosmancer right now with spiders and zombies and the spiders just cant kill stuff fast enough in the incursions.

I also find it to be a bit squishy. But I'm a fan of the spiders so this caught my eye.

Also, what do people use as an alternative to Cyclone and shield charge? Never really cared for the mechanics of those.
"
riniah wrote:

With the watcher's eye what is the best combination for my setup?

your one is good enogh, there are no sense to replace it.

try to fing rare belt, couse thanks to your watcher's eye you dont need in 2 abyss jewels.

your implicits on your rings are useless, there you can catch very powerful stuff.

and chest with corruption as usual is one of the strongest dps boost.
"
crocnote wrote:

Does the damage calculation in game not ''working''

yep. PoB is your choise.
"
saxisa wrote:

How is it with incursions?

I had no problems sinse I have reached 93-94 lvl. Baron's zombies builds are dead now, there is only one way to play zombies - make an aurastaker hehehe.
Last edited by gelion228 on Nov 15, 2020, 2:58:09 AM
Would be the Frost Shield, combined with high level Cwdt (3600 more energy shield for 1 second 730 energy shield regeneration less) be a tanky alternative for damage spikes?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Frost_Shield

And which is the best corruption on the Aegis Aurora Shield?

"Grants Determination" or additional "spell block" for more skill/ passive points or instead "You take reduced damage of critical strikes"?

And, near to Anointed Flesh, would be "Ignite Resistance" perhaps better than "Freeze and Chill Resistance"?

I love the defenses and items and ideas of this build so much, thank you for all!

Last edited by Chromino on Nov 15, 2020, 10:27:40 AM
Anyone using flame dash for movement vs. shield charge?

Or maybe blade vortex instead of cyclone? Would those work with this build?
Thanks Vanitas for this great build! This is one of the highest lvl characters I've had and could easily go higher but I'm done with the league. It felt pretty awesome to facetank many fights but it probably made me a worse player in general since I didn't pay much attention to boss mechanics :)

I was able to get most stuff cheaper within the early weeks of the league which helped me focus on content quicker. I have never before been so rich in league and bought a headhunter just because I could.

If anyone is considering this build, be sure to follow the guide and check out Vanitas character as well. Also if you're thinking about playing this next league, be sure to figure out a good leveling plan. It may be worth leveling with way more health nodes then regret later. Things started to smooth out when I got more links on dominating blow and the build REALLY opened up when getting the Arakaali's Fang.

Last edited by Merkoh on Nov 15, 2020, 8:03:49 PM
"
saxisa wrote:
Anyone using flame dash for movement vs. shield charge?

Or maybe blade vortex instead of cyclone? Would those work with this build?

flame dash is OP vs sirus, aul, uber elder. shield charge just for fast mapping.
cyclone > blade vortex, couse while you are using cyclone you don't need to stop for casting blades.
We don't have any corpse exploding source, so if you stop - you can die.
Hi, I'm looking for a budget safe build dedicated to heist farming only, how does this one feel in contracts and grand heists? I don't care much about single target dps, just not stressing out while doing heists.

Thanks
"
Uyuhk wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a budget safe build dedicated to heist farming only, how does this one feel in contracts and grand heists? I don't care much about single target dps, just not stressing out while doing heists.

Thanks

This build is probably one of the best for heists. I levelled up from 99 to 100 mainly by doing heists and didn't die once.
Is there a large group of mobs behind the door? Good! then I won't die because many mobs hitting me means ES is replenished like crazy. This is a build where you should actually run into a mob pack when you are taking damage rather than run away.

Just make sure to remove bleeds and ignites and be a little careful when shocked but if you have that under control it will be very hard to die in a heist or grand heist.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Thanks for the one of the best build I have ever played! The first character, that gave me the thoughts "May be try to push 100" since open beta.

In most my previous builds I was lacking defenses, but this build makes me YOLO run into any mob pack without thinking "Probably, I'm gonna die".
Now it will be very hard to switch to anything else, as both offence and defense is really high there. Especially, for such low budget.
"
Citrel wrote:

Now it will be very hard to switch to anything else, as both offence and defense is really high there. Especially, for such low budget.

That is my biggest fear as well. I typically always play a different build every league but everything after this will feel squishy and weak haha. Perhaps I will play it again next league.

Still going for 36 challenge this league. Currently at 32/40 after I finally got a replica unique belt drop. Can't complain about my luck this league either. Just did Sirus A8 and he dropped an awakened multistrike! I'm currently already using multistrike on my 6L HoP so wondering if I should sell it or make my heralds hit harder :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info