[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Thanks Vatinas for inspiring this build that got me my first ever HC lvl 100. It was very fun to theorycraft with you and test new ideas!

Here's my character:
https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/mav3j/DoctorPurityPhD?i=24&search=class%3DGuardian

My configured pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/ZJuZS5UG
Last edited by mav3j on Nov 9, 2020, 7:31:19 PM
Any thought of adding Wicked Ward to this build? Seems like it would make it even tankier for 1 skill point. I don't see anyone doing it though.
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
Any thought of adding Wicked Ward to this build? Seems like it would make it even tankier for 1 skill point. I don't see anyone doing it though.

It halves our life regen.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:

It halves our life regen.

I know but that doesn't effect the ES from block...

Have you tried it? I would think it would help vs the ways I typically die which is waiting for ES to begin filling while getting constantly hit by something (typically with lag on my end)
I might respec my lvl 95 Hierophant to this, but I remember that I had issues with legion and blight encounters back then (spiders not killing fast enough I think or because of the AI).

Any tips for this? Thats basically my only concern. Having ~20ex to spend which should be enough I guess.
"
kewkie wrote:
I might respec my lvl 95 Hierophant to this, but I remember that I had issues with legion and blight encounters back then (spiders not killing fast enough I think or because of the AI).

Any tips for this? Thats basically my only concern. Having ~20ex to spend which should be enough I guess.

I haven't really bothered with blight this league but for legion I've used mark prey for rares and chests before the timer runs out. It's been okayish since the spiders also hit all the targets aroud them (I use divergent melee splash) but this is not the best build for legion apart from the extreme tankiness. You can still take out the generals if you find them fast enough though.
Last edited by Nakkifakiiri on Nov 10, 2020, 3:11:28 AM
Hey guys I have a question about damage over time with this build. I'm lvl 80 and have pretty much every unique except the body cus its really pricy even the base versions...and the thing is every now and then I get deleted by some DoT and I dont know what to do about it. I've been reading through the guide and comments and all I found was the "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" modifier you should get on a jewel. So I tried for a few days and there aren't any jewels for sale with this mod, only shields and gloves. Apart from that I dont know what else to do. I'm really enjoying this build so far but the random instagibs are getting a bit frustrating, so any advice is helpful.
"
Burekcevap wrote:
Hey guys I have a question about damage over time with this build. I'm lvl 80 and have pretty much every unique except the body cus its really pricy even the base versions...and the thing is every now and then I get deleted by some DoT and I dont know what to do about it. I've been reading through the guide and comments and all I found was the "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" modifier you should get on a jewel. So I tried for a few days and there aren't any jewels for sale with this mod, only shields and gloves. Apart from that I dont know what else to do. I'm really enjoying this build so far but the random instagibs are getting a bit frustrating, so any advice is helpful.

Are you sure you searched *Implicit* Corrupetd blood cannot be inflicted on you modifier? It's a corrupt modifier so I found tons of results for jewels when I checked just now. Also DoT is the most dangerous damage type for this build and for that I've used remove burning and -bleeding on my flasks. Also those blue warlord square thingys on the ground are dangerous too if you stay on them too long.
Started playing around with this build and I am curious, is there any big reason why it wouldn't be viable to swap out Spirit Offering for Dread Banner, run Impale in the 6 link, and allocate Charisma for the mana reserved? When PoBing it out I get more damage for Herald Minions then running poison so I am wondering what a downside to this would be
"

Are you sure you searched *Implicit* Corrupetd blood cannot be inflicted on you modifier? It's a corrupt modifier so I found tons of results for jewels when I checked just now. Also DoT is the most dangerous damage type for this build and for that I've used remove burning and -bleeding on my flasks. Also those blue warlord square thingys on the ground are dangerous too if you stay on them too long.

Ok, I'm an idiot. It searches as explicit by default so yeah no luck there. Anyway thanks for the info really appreciate it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info