[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Build is very fun to play, but i must ask for some help. I don't know what ive did wrong, but in pob tree for level 80, you've got almost 7k ES. I've bought almost same items, with good rolls (missing only flat ES and mana on both abyss jewels - got ES on one and mana on second) and im stuck with 6300 es. You've got 4800 total mana and im sitting on 4300. What am i missing? Can you check please?
my pob: https://pastebin.com/8mGxgdBY

thanks @Nakkifakiiri and chromino,
the preysignaling is a decent way- not perfect, since you have to be on the same screen with the boss, but im going with this for now, or switch to bladeflurry.

ice nova sounds promissing, but i'm missing an open gem slot at the moment. might find a way to fiddle it in running less cwdt setups.

and for my so far best recommendation to pimp this build a bit further: invest 3 points and get unwavering stance
correct me if im wrong, but since block and stun recovery are like 2 sides of the same medal ( little animations ), freeing ourselves from the stunside is a surprisingly big deal - atleast if you dont have good sources of stun avoidance.

like this i could just go afk in a 10mod t16 crusader map, i was blocking and healing so often that i seemed to be immortal.

well check it out if you like

cheers
"
Dr3st wrote:
"
Dr3st wrote:
hi mate,
thanks for your work.

how the get the enemy bleeding for the bloodlust damage boost?

and my idea to improve:

maybe take aul's uprising with envy instead of astramentis. 20% global defence, and 100 additional chaos dmg x 20 spiders is really huge.

oder why would be the determination reserves no mana mod and than go with hop for brutality multistrike impale...

and at last: does tribal fury anointment helps for the viperstrike of the spiders?

can you guys pls think about this?

tldr:

aul's uprising with determination reserves no mana for multistrike brutality and impale in hop links

or

aul's uprising with envy for more flat chaos damage which makes the spiders insane.

other point:

animted guardian with kingsmaker, so we can rop fortify and culling (know its good for rinsing spiders but it's ok without).

with the free sockets we do cyclone-maim desecreate shield charge

and in the free 4 socket: animated guardian, minion live, feeding frenze, and spectre (ape's for frenzy and mervils for vulnerability (no corrupted cloves need) or we do second curse in the animated guardian and despair from gloves

I've extensively discussed all of this recently, but here I go again I guess.

Alternate quality on maim gives bleed.

Giving up Astramentis makes us lose a lot of ES, armour, and accuracy on Cyclone. Furthermore, pure physical gems like Impale and Brutality are terrible for us because we play phys as extra chaos, with Spirit Offering and the Withered debuff. Same goes for Pride aura, which does grant some damage, but far from enough to be worth 50% mana.

I don't like the Animated Guardian idea. He's way too squishy, since we don't invest in minion life / life regen at all, and grants virtually nothing that we don't already have. Even if we only use 2 sockets for him, his presence only allows us to give up two other gems (culling strike and fortify), at the price of 1) having a very mortal minion, and 2) not having the buffs 100% of the time since his aura is small.

Same goes for spectres. They'll die. Very, very quickly.

"
bustart wrote:
thanks @Nakkifakiiri and chromino,
the preysignaling is a decent way- not perfect, since you have to be on the same screen with the boss, but im going with this for now, or switch to bladeflurry.

ice nova sounds promissing, but i'm missing an open gem slot at the moment. might find a way to fiddle it in running less cwdt setups.

and for my so far best recommendation to pimp this build a bit further: invest 3 points and get unwavering stance
correct me if im wrong, but since block and stun recovery are like 2 sides of the same medal ( little animations ), freeing ourselves from the stunside is a surprisingly big deal - atleast if you dont have good sources of stun avoidance.

like this i could just go afk in a 10mod t16 crusader map, i was blocking and healing so often that i seemed to be immortal.

well check it out if you like

cheers

I really don't think Unwavering Stance is worth it. We already get over 30% stun avoidance with the alternate quality of Determination, get anti chain stun with the Brine King pantheon, and like I said in the Build Mechanics section, we're tanky enough to be able to afford a stun once in a while without it being a big deal. I've played this build 6 leagues in a row, including one lvl 100 last league and lvl 99 this league, and not once did I die because of a stun or think "Oh damn that stun was annoying". Without Unwavering Stance, I'm also able to afk in a 10 mod T16 crusader map, believe me.
Best build I played so far. Big thanks for creator.

I have question what to improve next in my character.
I was wondering if there is any chance to do T16 Delirium maps by this build.
I think thats best way to farm currency by "Spider Guardian"
Actually best i can do is T14 100% Delirium maps. (maybe farming doctor on Delirum can be profitalbe).

I tried T16 100% Delirium but it takes 1 hour to complete map or even more.

Thats my PoB link:
https://pastebin.com/VFhyEtTm
Also you can have a look at my character:
CoTyWiesz_O_Tankowaniu.

Thanks for help.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
lly1953 wrote:
Thank you very much! Last one: I've just noticed that you're using two sets of cluster jewels and drop ravenous horde wheel, is it worth doing that?

I just started doing that, but it looks promising. Here's a very quick and approximate pro/con of getting a second cluster jewel with what I put in it vs keeping Ravenous Horde:

+ Grants an extra jewel socket (in the medium cluster), which allows the use of Replica Fragile Bloom, which is frankly insane defensively.
+ Easier to get a bit more resists, thanks to the mods on the second cluster.

+/- About the same damage

- Requires more levels (ideally, lvl 100 is required to get both notables + the jewel socket in the cluster jewel, versus lvl 98 "only" for Ravenous Horde)
- We lose 9% minion movement speed, but to be completely honest I don't even notice it at all.

I'll keep you all updated on how I feel about it. :)

Hi,

jsut one question about the Replica Fragiel Bloom Jewel. How is it working with our Life (1) ?
"
Ferrara wrote:
Hi,

jsut one question about the Replica Fragiel Bloom Jewel. How is it working with our Life (1) ?

All "#% of life regenerated by second" modifiers become "#% of energy shield regenerated by second" with Zealot's Oath, so it scales with our maximum ES.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
Ferrara wrote:
Hi,

just one question about the Replica Fragiel Bloom Jewel. How is it working with our Life (1) ?

All "#% of life regenerated by second" modifiers become "#% of energy shield regenerated by second" with Zealot's Oath, so it scales with our maximum ES.

Oh didn´t know that Zealot´s Oath changes the modifiers. i read it in a differnt way. Thank you.
Great build, thanks for the write up!

Got pretty lucky in my first merc lab on this guy, really sad that it wasn't in uber though, but still extremely nice!

Working on levels now, not sure what I'm going to upgrade first (other than buying a ton of gcp's when my gems hit 20) Probably Empower I suppose.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
Last edited by Bmxant on Nov 7, 2020, 5:38:22 PM
"
Bmxant wrote:

Got pretty lucky in my first merc lab on this guy, really sad that it wasn't in uber though, but still extremely nice!

Working on levels now, not sure what I'm going to upgrade first (other than buying a ton of gcp's when my gems hit 20) Probably Empower I suppose.

Hey before you go and 20% your gems check out Vatinas profile for the alternate quality heist gems that are good for this build

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Vatinas/characters
"
bloodclox wrote:
"
Bmxant wrote:

Hey before you go and 20% your gems check out Vatinas profile for the alternate quality heist gems that are good for this build

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Vatinas/characters

Oh wow, he switched it up quite a bit! Thanks for letting me know.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info