[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
f4ward wrote:

I would try to change some of the HoP supports.
If you can fit Multistrike - it would be huge DPS increase.
Otherwise you can try Brutality/MeleePhys/Pulverise/Melee Splash/Damage of Full Life (they have ES from Disc, so should work)

Just imported your char, I think best would be to replace Bloodlust with Multistrike. You get 5.7% more DPS and unreserved goes from 9% to 4%

Or you can move 1 point in Sovereignity cluster from Mana Reserved to Aura effect (leaves you 3% unreserved) + slightly more ES and Armour

Thanks! I will try to fit in multistrike and see if I still have enough mana for all links :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
Are you trying to facetank the Phoenix' big fire explosion? That's a telegraphed move you should avoid, but it's hard to tell sometimes if he's charging it up with all the visual effects of 20 spiders hitting him.

That attack has huge resistance reduction (-50% fire res), and the boss itself lowers your max resistance on top of that. if you get unlucky and don't get the spell block, it's bound to be a one-shot.

yes, I am pretty much face tanking him as you are correct in that its almost impossible for me to know when its coming with how dark the screen is and all the visuals. Is there an easy way to see it coming? Then, what exactly am I suppose to do when it is coming?

The Phoenix will run into the middle of the screen and stop his normal attacks when he prepares for his firebomb, gathering flames to him, they swirl around him a bit. When that happens, you should run away to a corner of the map until he's done.

It's kind of hard to describe but you could check out a video on how to fight him, like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewZbs5XhoLM&t=272s&ab_channel=sirgog, he explains the fire explosion there.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
Are you trying to facetank the Phoenix' big fire explosion? That's a telegraphed move you should avoid, but it's hard to tell sometimes if he's charging it up with all the visual effects of 20 spiders hitting him.

That attack has huge resistance reduction (-50% fire res), and the boss itself lowers your max resistance on top of that. if you get unlucky and don't get the spell block, it's bound to be a one-shot.

yes, I am pretty much face tanking him as you are correct in that its almost impossible for me to know when its coming with how dark the screen is and all the visuals. Is there an easy way to see it coming? Then, what exactly am I suppose to do when it is coming?

The Phoenix will run into the middle of the screen and stop his normal attacks when he prepares for his firebomb, gathering flames to him, they swirl around him a bit. When that happens, you should run away to a corner of the map until he's done.

It's kind of hard to describe but you could check out a video on how to fight him, like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewZbs5XhoLM&t=272s&ab_channel=sirgog, he explains the fire explosion there.

Awesome - thanks!
Differences between pob and your current setup:
1. Stygian Vise replaced Darkness Enthroned.
2. Summon Holy Relic replaced Carrion Golem.
3. Clarity in free gem spot after dropping off CWS from golem.
4. Soul ripper replaced 1 jar (why? for vaal discipline?).
5. Despair replaced Vulnerability on Shaper gloves.

Should we stick to this now? Thanks for answer.
Last edited by lly1953 on Nov 6, 2020, 11:43:18 AM
"
lly1953 wrote:

1. I only decided to try to craft a rare Stygian Vise for the "Remove freeze when you use a flask" mod, which is a pretty nice quality of life for deep delving, but by no means necessary (and expensive, as you need a Redeemer stygian vise base).

2. Yep, that's a lot better. The relic is much quicker, more durable, and refreshes the FF buff a *lot* more reliably.

3. Yep, since the relic doesn't need an auto cast, *divergent* Clarity is a great gem, providing 20% increased damage to minions (since they're full mana), a bonus that is affected by aura effect modifiers. Also, this enables all Clarity Watcher's Eye bonuses, included the very valuable "mana as extra ES" ones.

4. Yes, for Vaal Discipline. I cannot stress enough how awesome this flask is. You can almost get a permanent VD during clear, which is great for deep delving, and basically allows you to use VD whenever you feel like it instead of keeping it "just in case" as I used to (since you have an emergency VD in store, so to speak).

5. As I said in the guide, Despair and Vulnerability are about equivalent.
"
Nakkifakiiri wrote:
"
bustart wrote:
well this build sure seems to be popular now xD
I gotta say thanks for sharing. i'm doing some stuff different, but the overall idea is vanitas' master piece of work.

anyways..

has anybody found a decent reliable way to spawn the spiders in boss fights?
If my HoP Sentinels are up they beat me to the worm kill ~ 60% of the time.
(if the phases are so long that the sentinels die like with sirus its no problem)

so i was thinking about getting some +# to weapon range or increasing aoe. maybe use an inc aow gem instead of maim/ culling strike..

my best find so far is using bladeflurry instead of cyclone, since you can target the worm without moving (slower than the minions) to it.

just wondering if anyone has some brilliant stuff i havent come up with

cheers

For me it works when I just signal prey the boss so the sentilens are busy, desecrate two times in front of me where I'm about to go and cyclone away while pop the worm flask one of two times. Usually my golem is at the boss too so no need to swap it away.

I like most frostblink to kill the worms. It is an instant spell and it has large aoe. In boss fights I kill the worms instant 90 % .

A bit slower is Divine Ire (0,22 sec, aoe, channeling) and Winter Orb (0,26 sec). Ice Nova AoE is working fine too.

I put the skills desecrate and Frostblink / Divine Ire on the right and middle mouse buttons to raise spiders.
Last edited by Chromino on Nov 6, 2020, 2:10:11 PM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
lly1953 wrote:

1. I only decided to try to craft a rare Stygian Vise for the "Remove freeze when you use a flask" mod, which is a pretty nice quality of life for deep delving, but by no means necessary (and expensive, as you need a Redeemer stygian vise base).

2. Yep, that's a lot better. The relic is much quicker, more durable, and refreshes the FF buff a *lot* more reliably.

3. Yep, since the relic doesn't need an auto cast, *divergent* Clarity is a great gem, providing 20% increased damage to minions (since they're full mana), a bonus that is affected by aura effect modifiers. Also, this enables all Clarity Watcher's Eye bonuses, included the very valuable "mana as extra ES" ones.

4. Yes, for Vaal Discipline. I cannot stress enough how awesome this flask is. You can almost get a permanent VD during clear, which is great for deep delving, and basically allows you to use VD whenever you feel like it instead of keeping it "just in case" as I used to (since you have an emergency VD in store, so to speak).

5. As I said in the guide, Despair and Vulnerability are about equivalent.

Thank you very much! Last one: I've just noticed that you're using two sets of cluster jewels and drop ravenous horde wheel, is it worth doing that?
"
lly1953 wrote:
Thank you very much! Last one: I've just noticed that you're using two sets of cluster jewels and drop ravenous horde wheel, is it worth doing that?

I just started doing that, but it looks promising. Here's a very quick and approximate pro/con of getting a second cluster jewel with what I put in it vs keeping Ravenous Horde:

+ Grants an extra jewel socket (in the medium cluster), which allows the use of Replica Fragile Bloom, which is frankly insane defensively.
+ Easier to get a bit more resists, thanks to the mods on the second cluster.

+/- About the same damage

- Requires more levels (ideally, lvl 100 is required to get both notables + the jewel socket in the cluster jewel, versus lvl 98 "only" for Ravenous Horde)
- We lose 9% minion movement speed, but to be completely honest I don't even notice it at all.

I'll keep you all updated on how I feel about it. :)
"
Dr3st wrote:
hi mate,
thanks for your work.

how the get the enemy bleeding for the bloodlust damage boost?

and my idea to improve:

maybe take aul's uprising with envy instead of astramentis. 20% global defence, and 100 additional chaos dmg x 20 spiders is really huge.

oder why would be the determination reserves no mana mod and than go with hop for brutality multistrike impale...

and at last: does tribal fury anointment helps for the viperstrike of the spiders?

can you guys pls think about this?

tldr:

aul's uprising with determination reserves no mana for multistrike brutality and impale in hop links

or

aul's uprising with envy for more flat chaos damage which makes the spiders insane.

other point:

animted guardian with kingsmaker, so we can rop fortify and culling (know its good for rinsing spiders but it's ok without).

with the free sockets we do cyclone-maim desecreate shield charge

and in the free 4 socket: animated guardian, minion live, feeding frenze, and spectre (ape's for frenzy and mervils for vulnerability (no corrupted cloves need) or we do second curse in the animated guardian and despair from gloves
Last edited by Dr3st on Nov 6, 2020, 4:38:43 PM
"
Dr3st wrote:
"
Dr3st wrote:
hi mate,
thanks for your work.

how the get the enemy bleeding for the bloodlust damage boost?

and my idea to improve:

maybe take aul's uprising with envy instead of astramentis. 20% global defence, and 100 additional chaos dmg x 20 spiders is really huge.

oder why would be the determination reserves no mana mod and than go with hop for brutality multistrike impale...

and at last: does tribal fury anointment helps for the viperstrike of the spiders?

can you guys pls think about this?

tldr:

aul's uprising with determination reserves no mana for multistrike brutality and impale in hop links

or

aul's uprising with envy for more flat chaos damage which makes the spiders insane.

other point:

animted guardian with kingsmaker, so we can rop fortify and culling (know its good for rinsing spiders but it's ok without).

with the free sockets we do cyclone-maim desecreate shield charge

and in the free 4 socket: animated guardian, minion live, feeding frenze, and spectre (ape's for frenzy and mervils for vulnerability (no corrupted cloves need) or we do second curse in the animated guardian and despair from gloves

I'm running aul with determination mod but keep in mind you lose lots of ES and will be more susceptible to random one shot or near one shot deaths

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info