[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

So I play Xbox One which I am unsure if that has much effect on my findings but I continue to get WHOOOOOPED by the Phoenix Guardian... He one shots me like its nobody's business. I have 76% Fire Resistance, 70k+ armor with no flasks and 8,600 ES and BAAAAM, I go from full to DEAD in 1 or 2 frames. Any ideas?

Thanks
Are you trying to facetank the Phoenix' big fire explosion? That's a telegraphed move you should avoid, but it's hard to tell sometimes if he's charging it up with all the visual effects of 20 spiders hitting him.

That attack has huge resistance reduction (-50% fire res), and the boss itself lowers your max resistance on top of that. if you get unlucky and don't get the spell block, it's bound to be a one-shot.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
Are you trying to facetank the Phoenix' big fire explosion? That's a telegraphed move you should avoid, but it's hard to tell sometimes if he's charging it up with all the visual effects of 20 spiders hitting him.

That attack has huge resistance reduction (-50% fire res), and the boss itself lowers your max resistance on top of that. if you get unlucky and don't get the spell block, it's bound to be a one-shot.

yes, I am pretty much face tanking him as you are correct in that its almost impossible for me to know when its coming with how dark the screen is and all the visuals. Is there an easy way to see it coming? Then, what exactly am I suppose to do when it is coming?
Carrion Golem VS Holy Relic

Someone please list the PRO&CON of each. I am using Holy Relic, but feeling like it doesn't do much. My minions kill mobs VERY Slow even on just 40% delirious map. Should I switch to Carrion Gloem. Thanks.

PS: I know I have to upgrade all my lvl 20 gems to gain more damage.
Would a trading 6618 armor for a constant 90% uptime on Estimated Physical Damage Reduction be a good idea?

I can get up to 88 Estimated Physical Damage Reduction with a Granite flask, then 89 if I pop Molten shell normally

Just trying to see which mod would be better for me for Watchers eye

#% additional Physical Damage Reduction while affected by Determination
vs
+# to Armour while affected by Determination
well this build sure seems to be popular now xD
I gotta say thanks for sharing. i'm doing some stuff different, but the overall idea is vanitas' master piece of work.

anyways..

has anybody found a decent reliable way to spawn the spiders in boss fights?
If my HoP Sentinels are up they beat me to the worm kill ~ 60% of the time.
(if the phases are so long that the sentinels die like with sirus its no problem)

so i was thinking about getting some +# to weapon range or increasing aoe. maybe use an inc aow gem instead of maim/ culling strike..

my best find so far is using bladeflurry instead of cyclone, since you can target the worm without moving (slower than the minions) to it.

just wondering if anyone has some brilliant stuff i havent come up with

cheers
"
bustart wrote:
well this build sure seems to be popular now xD
I gotta say thanks for sharing. i'm doing some stuff different, but the overall idea is vanitas' master piece of work.

anyways..

has anybody found a decent reliable way to spawn the spiders in boss fights?
If my HoP Sentinels are up they beat me to the worm kill ~ 60% of the time.
(if the phases are so long that the sentinels die like with sirus its no problem)

so i was thinking about getting some +# to weapon range or increasing aoe. maybe use an inc aow gem instead of maim/ culling strike..

my best find so far is using bladeflurry instead of cyclone, since you can target the worm without moving (slower than the minions) to it.

just wondering if anyone has some brilliant stuff i havent come up with

cheers

For me it works when I just signal prey the boss so the sentilens are busy, desecrate two times in front of me where I'm about to go and cyclone away while pop the worm flask one of two times. Usually my golem is at the boss too so no need to swap it away.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
You could respec out of some 'reduced mana reserved' nodes on the tree and put those points somewhere else. I did that in standard where you can get legacy rings with better rolls than is possible in league.

Hmm this doesn't seem to work as I can only remove the bigger mana reservation node first and that immediately causes me to have not enough mana.

Any other idea's? Still wonder if a regular multistrike e.g. will be better than one of the other supports. Else I may have to re-roll the helmet enchant again which seems a bit of a waste.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
You could respec out of some 'reduced mana reserved' nodes on the tree and put those points somewhere else. I did that in standard where you can get legacy rings with better rolls than is possible in league.

Hmm this doesn't seem to work as I can only remove the bigger mana reservation node first and that immediately causes me to have not enough mana.

Any other idea's? Still wonder if a regular multistrike e.g. will be better than one of the other supports. Else I may have to re-roll the helmet enchant again which seems a bit of a waste.

I would try to change some of the HoP supports.
If you can fit Multistrike - it would be huge DPS increase.
Otherwise you can try Brutality/MeleePhys/Pulverise/Melee Splash/Damage of Full Life (they have ES from Disc, so should work)

Just imported your char, I think best would be to replace Bloodlust with Multistrike. You get 5.7% more DPS and unreserved goes from 9% to 4%

Or you can move 1 point in Sovereignity cluster from Mana Reserved to Aura effect (leaves you 3% unreserved) + slightly more ES and Armour

Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Nov 6, 2020, 3:09:05 AM
hi mate,
thanks for your work.

how the get the enemy bleeding for the bloodlust damage boost?

and my idea to improve:

maybe take aul's uprising with envy instead of astramentis. 20% global defence, and 100 additional chaos dmg x 20 spiders is really huge.

oder why would be the determination reserves no mana mod and than go with hop for brutality multistrike impale...

and at last: does tribal fury anointment helps for the viperstrike of the spiders?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info