[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
"
Shadafaka wrote:

Got 12 as well! Only 80% beyond, t14 strand.

Nice!

Do you know is it even possible to get beyond 12? I keep trying various setups and 12 is the max i get. Either i do something wrong or thats the hard limit maybe?

Did not play delirium league so not sure what are the best tactics.

Yes it is. I actually got 13 today. I did it on the final map of conqueror influence where you get 40 extra packs, and if I remember correctly I had more magic monsters on map as well as on one of the watchstones.

Alva, beyond, gilded breach, polished harbinger, then I think polished legion and I can't remember the 4th one. I think the conqueror influence pack bonus is what helped the most. With flesh and stone in sand stance, and a blind on hit jewel on top of how tanky the build is I was able to stand in the center of breaches popping vaal cyclone. I got tons of kills in the breaches. Both the 13 stack run and 12 were deathless!

"
Shadafaka wrote:
"
"
Shadafaka wrote:

Got 12 as well! Only 80% beyond, t14 strand.

Nice!

Do you know is it even possible to get beyond 12? I keep trying various setups and 12 is the max i get. Either i do something wrong or thats the hard limit maybe?

Did not play delirium league so not sure what are the best tactics.

Yes it is. I actually got 13 today. I did it on the final map of conqueror influence where you get 40 extra packs, and if I remember correctly I had more magic monsters on map as well as on one of the watchstones.

Alva, beyond, gilded breach, polished harbinger, then I think polished legion and I can't remember the 4th one. I think the conqueror influence pack bonus is what helped the most. With flesh and stone in sand stance, and a blind on hit jewel on top of how tanky the build is I was able to stand in the center of breaches popping vaal cyclone. I got tons of kills in the breaches. Both the 13 stack run and 12 were deathless!

Very nice indeed! i think i had most you mentioned, influence, breach , alva, but i missed legion, will give it a try!
Also the feeling sucking the whole breach with vaal cyclone - made me fell in love with this game again:DD
Also just a quick reminder that fat dude boss in delirium that sucks stuff out of vacuum and smashes everthing around - dont forget to swap splash gem with melee physical gem (or damage on full life) - that guy is tough! swapping gems really helps...

Also silly question -
T14 + 5 orbs is it the same as T16 + 5 orbs?
I always run T16 maps as i thought thats the max you can do, but if T14 is the same so much more choices for good maps!
For the delirium bosses, I can tank omniphobia pretty easy. For kosis, I try and save molten shell for the jump attack, but if its not up you can also dash across the wave. I always forget to gem swap lol even for conquerors and sirus. As for t14 vs t16, I'm not sure if there is a difference or not. But I like to run strand and promenade since they are just straight lines. I think you can get the same number of rewards on a t14 or t15 vs t16. Could be wrong though. I do want to try t19 soon
"
Shadafaka wrote:
For the delirium bosses, I can tank omniphobia pretty easy. For kosis, I try and save molten shell for the jump attack, but if its not up you can also dash across the wave. I always forget to gem swap lol even for conquerors and sirus. As for t14 vs t16, I'm not sure if there is a difference or not. But I like to run strand and promenade since they are just straight lines. I think you can get the same number of rewards on a t14 or t15 vs t16. Could be wrong though. I do want to try t19 soon

That Kosis guy he actually does not kill me with his wave, this build is that ridicolously tanky. It takes 75% of my shield off but thats about it.
Its nice to have some extra security with molten shell and potions , but i was experimenting staying in his wave, and have yet to die.

Aslo thanks for the tip of sand stance! i always ignored it and used blood, now ill try sand more often that i read what it does.

Also question - dread banner - is there any merit at any time actually drop a banner down with 50 stages for example? The description is hard to get reading from the gem, but dropping banner would loose us some energy shield temporarily as it would no longer reserve mana.
Hey.

This thread has reached a long way, a testament on how many people found the build a thrill to play/experiment with - myself included.

It's always interesting to see people taking the blueprint of Vat's creation and adding their own flavour. I have seen many interesting twists to the main concept (all minor ones but tried them nevertheless). What clicked with me I kept. It's down to personal preference at the end.

Vatinas veers towards surviveability and QoL. Neg's proposition is a substantial departure from some of the key points of the build and much more offense-oriented. Also, quite demanding on the budget choices. Personally, I cannot (yet) afford an Awakened Hextouch support gem. Even if I could I have trouble figuring out how to maintain my STR/DEX requirements without an Astramentis.

However the idea of a triple curse setup plus more free mana to add extra auras and the inclusion of Divergent Vitality is something that I would like to explore in the near future.

Thanks to both of you for adding to this great build.

-PS. I tried 4R/2B, 4R/1G/1B on chest. Currently I am running around with 3R/3B. I seem to like those 11 extra phantasms :)
"
NaineNoire wrote:
Hey.

Even if I could I have trouble figuring out how to maintain my STR/DEX requirements without an Astramentis.

-PS. I tried 4R/2B, 4R/1G/1B on chest. Currently I am running around with 3R/3B. I seem to like those 11 extra phantasms :)

Surprisingly at least for me it only took one skill called Expertise (grants 30 dext) its also on the path so no need to path to it.

Once you realise that it only takes one skill in skill tree to get free Determination, it opens variety of choices.
I went through all the possible auras and gems for sentinels, and my choice was:
Blood&Sand, Banner , Vitality & Clarity - could not find anything else more usefull. But it could be anything for you! For example you have enough mana to use Multistrike on top of all i mentioned - i just dont have correct Skin, and those skins costs ridiculous amounts.

It comes with the cost: 1 skill point , a bit of armor through loosing some of the attributes. (in my case it changed my ES from 6800 to 6000ish). And than its just matter of weighting skills you have versus potential aura you can add.
For example i weight do i want increase duration gem or vitaliy, do i want maim or blood an sand, etc.

Building and experimenting is a fun process for me, i am certain that if i would just stick with Vatinas version (replacing shoes of course) i would have same experience and power and survivability, but the fun at least for me is experimenting!

Speaking of phantasms - that's a great idea! Will need to give it a shot:)
Last edited by Negailestingaz on Oct 28, 2020, 11:05:53 AM
Hello,

Thanks for this well written build, i really enjoy it. I still have to figure out bossing, i sometime struggle to have spiders in boss fights.

I'm using two variants, one with headhunter and one with unique boots and darkness enthroned for bossing.

If you guys have any tips when it comes to bossing, it would be appreciated.

"
creekzx wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for this well written build, i really enjoy it. I still have to figure out bossing, i sometime struggle to have spiders in boss fights.

I'm using two variants, one with headhunter and one with unique boots and darkness enthroned for bossing.

If you guys have any tips when it comes to bossing, it would be appreciated.

I think Vatinas mentioned it - and it works like a charm on bosses - its the panteon that gives health potion restore. Dont know the name.
scion version will not work cause u miss 2 much ES?
Nvm
Last edited by Noice_Applez on Oct 28, 2020, 2:40:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info