[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
I wish i knew how to post my gear here...

To post your gear you open a reply box and click your character on top of the page. Then just left click all your items and when done just click ESC to go back to the reply box. You will now see all the links to your items. If you submit the reply form it will show all your items.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Hi everyone :) I wanted to share my opinions on what's been offered here recently.

I'm not a fan of the changed that have been discussed; but, keep in mind that is my opinion, and I am by no way implying that you should stop tweaking the build to your preferences. If you feel better with 2 or 3 curses, that's great! But I don't, and I wanted to share why. :)

First, I want to say that using Shield Charge to apply an extra, single target curse is a great idea, I never thought about that! But in my opinion, we lose too much by giving up on other gems/anointments.

The duration anoint can seem like a waste, but it's not. It might not be the best in simulacrum and stuff, but in the hardest boss fights like A8 Sirus or Uber Elder, in which you need to move a lot, having a 20 seconds offering and 45-ish seconds spiders is life changing. When I used to play without that anointment, I remember Sirus 8 being surprisingly tough because I spent so much time keeping my warcry and offering up, as well as my spiders, that I didn't spend enough time cycloning to keep my 4 sentinels, and maim, active. Even fortify was sometimes not active.

As for the offence part, Rallying Cry and Feeding Frenzy are not to be underestimated. Rallying Cry gives around 9% more damage globally at maximum power (which is always reached, even versus bosses), and Feeding Frenzy gives 20% more. For comparison, an extra curse gives around 10% more damage on Sirus and friends. That's literally the only point of the Holy Relic: giving us Feeding Frenzy reliably. Punishment might be more noticeable, because you can literally see its damage "activate" at 35% life left, but those buffs are stronger versus bosses and unique enemies.

As for the alternate quality of Clarity, it's hard to estimate exactly how much damage it gives, but 20% increased damage scaled by aura effect is huge, especially for one socket that requires no management at all. I can't give exact numbers as of now, but just because you don't notice a burst of damage in practice doesn't mean it's not there.

Then, you can always do as you prefer, but please consider not binding Molten Shell to your left click. 95% of the time, you absolutely don't need it, and the 5% when you do, having it off cooldown is life changing. Sirus meteor, Shaper slam, Kosis' weird teleportation-explodey ball thingy, juiced T19 map beyond boss... Without Molten Shell, the best move is to get away, but having it off cooldown is what allows you to stand still and take it while continuing to hit. And if you bind MS on left click, you don't control when it's off cooldown.

Finally, about Vaal skills, I mentioned in the guide that it's best to only have one Vaal skill, because when you have several, the souls are shared between then, which means they're longer to charge up, especially versus bosses. And Vaal Discipline is insanely strong. I cannot stress this enough. I recorded some deep delve and an Aul fight that I will upload in the coming days where you can see how strong it is, but it's insane. And while Vaal Cyclone is definitely satisfying to use (that I definitely agree :p), it doesn't bring anything "tangible" to the table, apart from a slightly better clear. So please keep in mind that you're weighing insane survivability versus slightly better clear. That being said, I'm a huge advocate of fun > power in PoE, so if you have too much fun with Vaal Cyclone to give up on it, then by all means, keep sucking enemies in :P

Keep in mind that this is all my opinion. In the end, any build is only as good as it feels for you, and the goal of any guide is to give people a framework to experiment on to get something they like. So change it however you like! :) I just wanted to give my opinion, as well as explain why I most likely will not be adding any of those changes to the guide.

Have a nice day, you beautiful people <3
Hi. Im having a blast with this build, I managed to kill A8 sirus several times for the first time ever. Thank you for sharing this build.

I also managed to farm a lot of currency and bought my very first headhunter ever. Here's my question. Can I somehow fit it into this build? Im trying to think of a way of getting enough elemental resists elsewhere but i would love to hear your thoughts. Is it worth using it?
"
Vatinas wrote:

In the end, any build is only as good as it feels for you, and the goal of any guide is to give people a framework to experiment on to get something they like. So change it however you like! :) I just wanted to give my opinion, as well as explain why I most likely will not be adding any of those changes to the guide.

Yep, thats true. your build gives a great foundation for upgrades specifically "for yourself",
that's what he's good about.

For myself, I made a few changes and was surprised how absurd this build is.
perma immunity for shock/ignite rects 90% of sources, which can kill us, extra regeneration says "hello" to Shaper, delve bois and other dot-focused npc.

What to say, if I closed the 20th wave of simulacrum with two extra damage and two reductions ele resists, together over 20%, both bosses came to me and I explained to them that this is my simulacrum, not theirs, lol.
And i was in our group as a carry KEKW.

How it works?) Well, it works and works, let it continue to work, he-he-he.
"
wh1spo wrote:
Hi. Im having a blast with this build, I managed to kill A8 sirus several times for the first time ever. Thank you for sharing this build.

I also managed to farm a lot of currency and bought my very first headhunter ever. Here's my question. Can I somehow fit it into this build? Im trying to think of a way of getting enough elemental resists elsewhere but i would love to hear your thoughts. Is it worth using it?

Your best bet for resist is switching boots for high resist boots. Taking out the unique minion damage jewel and putting some high resist jewels.to make up for the spell block get agis with spell block vaal implicit. Take a look at my character for reference. I have a belt with high resist, make you boots look similar. You shouldd be able to equip hh then.

Let me know how hh does with the build. I've been curious myself to see if it is useful or not...
Quoting my own message so it appears on top of the new page, because I believe it's of some importance. :)

"
Vatinas wrote:
Hi everyone :) I wanted to share my opinions on what's been offered here recently.

I'm not a fan of the changed that have been discussed; but, keep in mind that is my opinion, and I am by no way implying that you should stop tweaking the build to your preferences. If you feel better with 2 or 3 curses, that's great! But I don't, and I wanted to share why. :)

First, I want to say that using Shield Charge to apply an extra, single target curse is a great idea, I never thought about that! But in my opinion, we lose too much by giving up on other gems/anointments.

The duration anoint can seem like a waste, but it's not. It might not be the best in simulacrum and stuff, but in the hardest boss fights like A8 Sirus or Uber Elder, in which you need to move a lot, having a 20 seconds offering and 45-ish seconds spiders is life changing. When I used to play without that anointment, I remember Sirus 8 being surprisingly tough because I spent so much time keeping my warcry and offering up, as well as my spiders, that I didn't spend enough time cycloning to keep my 4 sentinels, and maim, active. Even fortify was sometimes not active.

As for the offence part, Rallying Cry and Feeding Frenzy are not to be underestimated. Rallying Cry gives around 9% more damage globally at maximum power (which is always reached, even versus bosses), and Feeding Frenzy gives 20% more. For comparison, an extra curse gives around 10% more damage on Sirus and friends. That's literally the only point of the Holy Relic: giving us Feeding Frenzy reliably. Punishment might be more noticeable, because you can literally see its damage "activate" at 35% life left, but those buffs are stronger versus bosses and unique enemies.

As for the alternate quality of Clarity, it's hard to estimate exactly how much damage it gives, but 20% increased damage scaled by aura effect is huge, especially for one socket that requires no management at all. I can't give exact numbers as of now, but just because you don't notice a burst of damage in practice doesn't mean it's not there.

Then, you can always do as you prefer, but please consider not binding Molten Shell to your left click. 95% of the time, you absolutely don't need it, and the 5% when you do, having it off cooldown is life changing. Sirus meteor, Shaper slam, Kosis' weird teleportation-explodey ball thingy, juiced T19 map beyond boss... Without Molten Shell, the best move is to get away, but having it off cooldown is what allows you to stand still and take it while continuing to hit. And if you bind MS on left click, you don't control when it's off cooldown.

Finally, about Vaal skills, I mentioned in the guide that it's best to only have one Vaal skill, because when you have several, the souls are shared between then, which means they're longer to charge up, especially versus bosses. And Vaal Discipline is insanely strong. I cannot stress this enough. I recorded some deep delve and an Aul fight that I will upload in the coming days where you can see how strong it is, but it's insane. And while Vaal Cyclone is definitely satisfying to use (that I definitely agree :p), it doesn't bring anything "tangible" to the table, apart from a slightly better clear. So please keep in mind that you're weighing insane survivability versus slightly better clear. That being said, I'm a huge advocate of fun > power in PoE, so if you have too much fun with Vaal Cyclone to give up on it, then by all means, keep sucking enemies in :P

Keep in mind that this is all my opinion. In the end, any build is only as good as it feels for you, and the goal of any guide is to give people a framework to experiment on to get something they like. So change it however you like! :) I just wanted to give my opinion, as well as explain why I most likely will not be adding any of those changes to the guide.

"
Noice_Applez wrote:
"
wh1spo wrote:

Your best bet for resist is switching boots for high resist boots. Taking out the unique minion damage jewel and putting some high resist jewels.to make up for the spell block get agis with spell block vaal implicit. Take a look at my character for reference. I have a belt with high resist, make you boots look similar. You shouldd be able to equip hh then.

Let me know how hh does with the build. I've been curious myself to see if it is useful or not...

thanks for the tips, i will definitely give this a try, i just need some more currency :D

Got 12 as well! Only 80% beyond, t14 strand.
"
Shadafaka wrote:

Got 12 as well! Only 80% beyond, t14 strand.

Nice!

Do you know is it even possible to get beyond 12? I keep trying various setups and 12 is the max i get. Either i do something wrong or thats the hard limit maybe?

Did not play delirium league so not sure what are the best tactics.

Last edited by negailestingazz on Oct 27, 2020, 11:21:25 PM
"
Vatinas wrote:
Quoting my own message so it appears on top of the new page, because I believe it's of some importance. :)

"
Vatinas wrote:

Thanks so much for noticing! And explaining some of the mechanics, i am kind of self learner so any information is great;)

I understand where you coming from with the duration anoint thing, but for me personally (especially after getting rid of golem) it become such an easy autopilot -> desec, desec, potion, cyclone, spirit - i literally can spam this combo before each engagement or in the boss engagement almost instantiously and continue cycloning for sentinels.
Since i got this mechanical hobbit for me personally these spiders could last 5 seconds would not make a difference:) Again just my personal experience.

Also not sure why you mentioned clarity - i do use not only clarity but also vitality on top of that :) i surely hope they stack! :D

As for molten shell on primary click i would 100% agree, but what i actually save for permaShots - is vaal discipline/vaal molteshell combo. when i see things get bad i use these 2 as my saviour - not a regular molten shell..

Rallying cry i really would like to fit somehow back into build, i only replaced it two days ago, when got my awakened hextouch to lvl5 and needed to figure out a room for Despair.. Any ideas welcome! i just cant seem to fit everything i want:)

Not sure about vaal skil over using, in delirium maps they all 3 resets rather quickly and outside delirium nothing really matters - everything in whole screen radius dies before you even flamedash there:)

And in the Syrus fight i obviously dont use vaal cyclone :)

Not sure what else is out there n the game, but as far as i saw so far - the only 2 things that dont die instantly (or at least in passive afk mode) is Syrus and one of the delirium bosses on t19.
If there is some more challenges let me know! would be interesting to try:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info