[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
"
Shadafaka wrote:
For the delirium bosses, I can tank omniphobia pretty easy. For kosis, I try and save molten shell for the jump attack, but if its not up you can also dash across the wave. I always forget to gem swap lol even for conquerors and sirus. As for t14 vs t16, I'm not sure if there is a difference or not. But I like to run strand and promenade since they are just straight lines. I think you can get the same number of rewards on a t14 or t15 vs t16. Could be wrong though. I do want to try t19 soon

That Kosis guy he actually does not kill me with his wave, this build is that ridicolously tanky. It takes 75% of my shield off but thats about it.
Its nice to have some extra security with molten shell and potions , but i was experimenting staying in his wave, and have yet to die.

Aslo thanks for the tip of sand stance! i always ignored it and used blood, now ill try sand more often that i read what it does.

Also question - dread banner - is there any merit at any time actually drop a banner down with 50 stages for example? The description is hard to get reading from the gem, but dropping banner would loose us some energy shield temporarily as it would no longer reserve mana.

I've never tried setting the dread banner down, but it might be helpful in a place where you're not moving a whole lot like simulacrum perhaps

So, as far as my tinkering with the build, I plan to return to Vatinas recommendation of summon holy relic and feeding frenzy, as well as maim on cyclone. Since I don't have awakened hextouch I think this will be better. However, I will be keeping the Aul's uprising amulet with "determination reserves no mana". That way I can continue running dread banner and flesh & stone in sand. I like the blind and less damage taken from flesh and stone, it seems to make a big difference.

I'll also be keeping the stampede boots, the movement speed during cyclone feels good.

I will also be trying: empower, bloodlust, impale, multistrike, awakened minion damage on the chest, because when using dread banner and this setup my on paper dps in PoB goes from 450k to 850k for HoP. Curious to see how it feels in practice.
Last edited by Shadafaka on Oct 28, 2020, 3:41:09 PM
Which aura would be better, haste or pride?
I'm thinking on switching melee phys on purity to brutality, but haven't decided yet.

Also has anyone tried animate gaurdian with this build, if so how did you like it?

Has anyone tried getting the sentinels cool down reduction low enough to constantly spam crusader slam?
Last edited by Noice_Applez on Oct 28, 2020, 3:49:40 PM
Thanks for the input Neg.

After some wheeling & dealing got myself the Awakened Hextouch support (lvl 5). Also borrowed a friend's Aul Promise.

Have decided to keep the 3x curses (at the loss of Relic, Feeding Frenzy and Culling Strikes) but reverted back to Astramentis. Mainly due to an ES difference of ~ 1200. I feel this setup boosts my DPS while maintaining my defenses to the level I am accustomed to.
"
Shadafaka wrote:
"

So, as far as my tinkering with the build, I plan to return to Vatinas recommendation of summon holy relic and feeding frenzy, as well as maim on cyclone. Since I don't have awakened hextouch I think this will be better. However, I will be keeping the Aul's uprising amulet with "determination reserves no mana". That way I can continue running dread banner and flesh & stone in sand. I like the blind and less damage taken from flesh and stone, it seems to make a big difference.

I'll also be keeping the stampede boots, the movement speed during cyclone feels good.

I will also be trying: empower, bloodlust, impale, multistrike, awakened minion damage on the chest, because when using dread banner and this setup my on paper dps in PoB goes from 450k to 850k for HoP. Curious to see how it feels in practice.

it makes sense - awakened hextouch was not only useful for 3rd curse, it also improves your curses, so without it very little trade off for feeding frenzy.
I believe you should have enough mana to fit in multistrike , i dont have the right loyal so cant do it:(
but if you short on mana just remember that you have vitality and clarity overleveled (i did overlevel them as reserved mana=es) , but in theory they can be lvl1 . let me know if multistrike fits in..
There simply no good skins on trade at all not even a question of price
"
Shadafaka wrote:
"

it makes sense - awakened hextouch was not only useful for 3rd curse, it also improves your curses, so without it very little trade off for feeding frenzy.
I believe you should have enough mana to fit in multistrike , i dont have the right loyal so cant do it:(
but if you short on mana just remember that you have vitality and clarity overleveled (i did overlevel them as reserved mana=es) , but in theory they can be lvl1 . let me know if multistrike fits in..
There simply no good skins on trade at all not even a question of price

If I drop vitality and use maim linked to cyclone, my PoB dps goes from 780k to 850k. However, if drop maim and I turn vitality on, and tick "Are your minions always on full life?" it only goes up to 815k. So, I think maim should be better dps. Also by dropping vitality, this allows multistrike to fit! I would have 4% unreserved with this setup.
Last edited by Shadafaka on Oct 28, 2020, 4:17:55 PM
I was trying to figure out why would you use maim when you have flesh&blood aura, but i just realised that you using it sand mode.
Makes sense to get maim elsewhere then
Hi! First of all thanks a lot for the build, i am a complete noob and this build was one of the best i had played so far. With that said, i am having problems trying to understand what i am doing wrong in terms of survivability, i have almost all the items of the build, and been following it close on levelling, but only have 1400 energy shield.
I don't know what is the problem or what i have to do now to get the amounts of energy shield that the build has.

I think that my profile is public, the character's name is RichardTemplar. Have a good day!
"
richardkacz wrote:
Hi! First of all thanks a lot for the build, i am a complete noob and this build was one of the best i had played so far. With that said, i am having problems trying to understand what i am doing wrong in terms of survivability, i have almost all the items of the build, and been following it close on levelling, but only have 1400 energy shield.
I don't know what is the problem or what i have to do now to get the amounts of energy shield that the build has.

I think that my profile is public, the character's name is RichardTemplar. Have a good day!

Hi :) I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I think the most "urgent" is to get a proper body armour and amulet. Astramentis is insane and pretty cheap, and you can look at alternate, budget colours for Skin of the Loyal; 6W can be cheap-ish, 4R1B1G can work, etc. We can always find budget gems to give some damage to our HoP before we find a proper Skin for it. :)
"
Noice_Applez wrote:

Also has anyone tried animate gaurdian with this build, if so how did you like it?

Someone in this thread did try the guardian setup in hungry loop.
Dont know how it goes, as you quit literally have 0 survivability skills for your minions , unlike for example zombie build.
Maybe it can surive on gems alone or maybe its just too risky. Only the guy who tried on hungry loop could tell:)
"
richardkacz wrote:

man...
youre missing the body armour - wich doubles energyshield on your other items

you also miss the right amulett - this + attribite makes a ton

your jewels in the belt miss ES and mana

and - youre lvl 70 ...youre missing a ton of passive points :O

Last edited by Artegal87 on Oct 28, 2020, 4:38:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info