[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

I love the concept and I went to look at your char but I see you working with impale and multi strike.is this setup better than the phantasm? In that case what are you swapping? Predator?[/quote]

So after testing, I kept summon phantasm out of setup. We need predator for quality of life telling minions where to attack. And feeding frenzy on golem to proc it.

I did go through my tree and completely overhauled my med cluster gems.

With my new set up I have 8k es and 1200 es regen!! Also was able to get up to 50k armour 90% damage reduction. I don't really see a need for fortify anymore, so I want to look into putting dominating blow in the build as a 4 link.

Has anyone done any theory crafting with dominating blow and getting rid of 4 link cyclone all together?
Hey guys following the thread for a long time but didn't find an answer.

Sth is killing me in maps, sth like a dot, I see my ES going away even as I got hit by the mobs and get ES block recharge, also my poison and ignite flasks are on, I've made them after first death. I've taken pantheon to resist burning ground also. It happened 2x times today.

One map had mod "monsters poison on hit", is it possible my flask was not working as intended?

What am I missing? (I have corrupted blood immunity on armour jewel)

It only happens in maps and delve, heist lvl83 are breeze.

Nice build btw, reminds me of the time I was playing Hoag guardian, pity I get bored with the league and just pushing to 24 for a cat, else I would minmax for sure.

Thanks

edit: not sure if its important but I'm running stampede boots so my light/cold res are 65%, cannot make them capped somehow.

Last edited by anastazjasz on Oct 26, 2020, 4:27:52 PM
"
anastazjasz wrote:
Hey guys following the thread for a long time but didn't find an answer.

Sth is killing me in maps, sth like a dot, I see my ES going away even as I got hit by the mobs and get ES block recharge, also my poison and ignite flasks are on, I've made them after first death. I've taken pantheon to resist burning ground also. It happened 2x times today.

One map had mod "monsters poison on hit", is it possible my flask was not working as intended?

What am I missing? (I have corrupted blood immunity on armour jewel)

It only happens in maps and delve, heist lvl83 are breeze.

Nice build btw, reminds me of the time I was playing Hoag guardian, pity I get bored with the league and just pushing to 24 for a cat, else I would minmax for sure.

Thanks

Do you have bleed immunity? Corrupting blood is only half of bleed. Delerium guys give you a bleed that only bleed immune flask can disapate. I'm sure there are other monsters that can inflict this type of bleed. Another option is death's door boots if you don't want to use bleed flask...
Last edited by Noice_Applez on Oct 26, 2020, 4:39:20 PM
"
Toyah wrote:
A
I'm also using a suggestion from a post in this thread and have Shield Charge, Hextouch and Punishment in the shield with Whispers of Doom annointed on the amulet. You can really notice it once the bosses health gets lower.

I have a Watcher's Eye with armour from Determination and spell block from Discipline which put me at 75/75 block and 90% physical damage reduction.
The spell block also lets me use a Stygian Vise for the belt to really help with resistances so now Elemental Weakness and reduced elemental resistance mods on maps are no problem.

It was me that suggested that, i really dont see the point of neither holy relic nor golem.
There are many many more different gems and options to be more usable. Anyway back then i learned about Awakened Hextouch and just now yesterday finally leveled it up to level 5 (thanks to Tora!). This know allows me to have Vulnerability, Punishment and Dispair...
This now feels ultra overpowered.... Doing 5 delirium orbs alch vaaled + 4 sextants maps + 4 scarabs maps like a breeze :)
and the feeling when you suck entire map with vaal cyclone and everythign dies its just absolute treat!.. I wish i knew how to post my gear here...
Hi i have a question i have build you said and i currently have 41k armor with 5.5k es, all ress is caped and i still get one shot from minotaur so idk how do i even do shaper or stronger bosses, tell me please if im doing something wrong, for maps build is awesome and im on 89lvl currently and i like it. :D
"
Lakosta00 wrote:
Hi i have a question i have build you said and i currently have 41k armor with 5.5k es, all ress is caped and i still get one shot from minotaur so idk how do i even do shaper or stronger bosses, tell me please if im doing something wrong, for maps build is awesome and im on 89lvl currently and i like it. :D

Can you open you account to public so that we can inspect your character?
Anyone tried using RF with a minor tweak here and there? Is it workable? Thinking about doing RF with this build if possible.
My armor is really low, could anyone take a peek at my pob and help me figure out why?

https://pastebin.com/VvntKwYN

"

It was me that suggested that, i really dont see the point of neither holy relic nor golem.
There are many many more different gems and options to be more usable. Anyway back then i learned about Awakened Hextouch and just now yesterday finally leveled it up to level 5 (thanks to Tora!). This know allows me to have Vulnerability, Punishment and Dispair...
This now feels ultra overpowered.... Doing 5 delirium orbs alch vaaled + 4 sextants maps + 4 scarabs maps like a breeze :)
and the feeling when you suck entire map with vaal cyclone and everythign dies its just absolute treat!.. I wish i knew how to post my gear here...

Where do you get despair from?
Last edited by Shadafaka on Oct 26, 2020, 6:19:45 PM
"
Shadafaka wrote:
My armor is really low, could anyone take a peek at my pob and help me figure out why?

"

When trying to link forum account to steam account i managed to delete my whole steam account :) so cant really tell , but from memory it was like so:

- shield : anomalous blood & stand, divergent dread banner, discipline
- boots: dispair, awakened hextouch, punishment, anomalous firedash
- gloves: divergent clarity (20% boost), divergent vitality (20% boost), determination, vaal molten shell
- helm: vaal cyclone, anomalous fortify, desecrate, spirit offering

gameplay is rather simple: dash into something -> dash applies 3x curse , cyclone a bit for fortify and sentinels --> all content dead, dash on..

in the delirium maps if your pc can handle ->
dash into something, vaal cyclone, and spam potions , vaal discipline and vall molten shell , until area is clear, rinse and repeat. sometimes it gets veeeery laggy, but once the lag is over all is dead around you

essentially what i changed is:
1) boots from Vatinas to a fast boots with anointments (dont remember name - yellow looking like) - HUUGE improvement of gameplay of the cost of 2% spell block
2) amulet from Vatinas to the one that gives NO DETERMINATION reduction mana cost
(again without access to poe forgot the name )
This change comes with the cost of .. 1 skill point only! To get the necessary dexterity. And the benefit..
Well i run these auras now:
Vitality, Clarity, Sentitnel, Determination, Blood&Sand, DreadBanner, Discipline - lots and lots of dps without button click
3) instead of shield charge just use flamedash - so much more easy to navigate maps with height differential
4) replaced the carrion/holy relic which with 3xCurse setup with hextouch

5) in the progress of build i lost these things:
Duration of skills notable - just does not seem necessary at all, no problem to spam spiders as often as i want thats the only thing you do anyway
Increased Duration gem for molten shell - again , no problems with duratio nof that , molten shell is on primary mouse click so self cast all the time, and the spirit offering no problem spamming it.. nothing else to do anyway :D
Culling strike - again with punishment things die and die fast near the end, ulling strike seems uncessary - Sentinel uptime is always up anyway...

Lots of changes, but still the core of the build is quit the same, spiders kills all:D

"
"
Shadafaka wrote:

"

When trying to link forum account to steam account i managed to delete my whole steam account :) so cant really tell , but from memory it was like so:

- shield : anomalous blood & stand, divergent dread banner, discipline
- boots: dispair, awakened hextouch, punishment, anomalous firedash
- gloves: divergent clarity (20% boost), divergent vitality (20% boost), determination, vaal molten shell
- helm: vaal cyclone, anomalous fortify, desecrate, spirit offering

gameplay is rather simple: dash into something -> dash applies 3x curse , cyclone a bit for fortify and sentinels --> all content dead, dash on..

in the delirium maps if your pc can handle ->
dash into something, vaal cyclone, and spam potions , vaal discipline and vall molten shell , until area is clear, rinse and repeat. sometimes it gets veeeery laggy, but once the lag is over all is dead around you

essentially what i changed is:
1) boots from Vatinas to a fast boots with anointments (dont remember name - yellow looking like) - HUUGE improvement of gameplay of the cost of 2% spell block
2) amulet from Vatinas to the one that gives NO DETERMINATION reduction mana cost
(again without access to poe forgot the name )
This change comes with the cost of .. 1 skill point only! To get the necessary dexterity. And the benefit..
Well i run these auras now:
Vitality, Clarity, Sentitnel, Determination, Blood&Sand, DreadBanner, Discipline - lots and lots of dps without button click
3) instead of shield charge just use flamedash - so much more easy to navigate maps with height differential
4) replaced the carrion/holy relic which with 3xCurse setup with hextouch

5) in the progress of build i lost these things:
Duration of skills notable - just does not seem necessary at all, no problem to spam spiders as often as i want thats the only thing you do anyway
Increased Duration gem for molten shell - again , no problems with duratio nof that , molten shell is on primary mouse click so self cast all the time, and the spirit offering no problem spamming it.. nothing else to do anyway :D
Culling strike - again with punishment things die and die fast near the end, ulling strike seems uncessary - Sentinel uptime is always up anyway...

Lots of changes, but still the core of the build is quit the same, spiders kills all:D

Very interesting! I wouldn't mind trying this out, could you post your PoB link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info