[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Tense_Up wrote:
Hey really enjoying the build probably one of the most interesting ive played, that being said i've accumulated a little bit of currency through this build and others and i was wondering if there was something i could improve on other than levels or where i could find upgrades other than miniscule accuracy on weapon or mana on the chest. perhaps maybe a swap to a better non unique item of some sort. thanks in advance!

As high-end items are getting cheaper every week, i suggest looking for a +1 chest and the enchanted Memory Vault Helmet with +1 maximum Sentinels.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
So I have the base of this build complete and can TANK most content. However, when I go take on the Phoenix Guardian I get continuously one shotted over and over again. When I watch the video clip that is loaded up in the OP I see the same thing that I am doing which is cycloning right on top of the Phoenix. Is there something special that needs to be done with flasks or something that I am missing to pull this off? I face tank the Minotaur and the Chimera Guardian like nothing... I have max Fire Resist... any suggestions as to how this seems easily done on the video but I am getting powned...

Other things to add quick: I really like this build, thanks for the guide. I play on Xbox so I believe I experience more lag then PC players and button pushing is more complex but I manage. I don't believe that I am doing anything that would cause me to get destroyed by Phoenix like this.

Thanks

"
Hey! :)

It's true that I tend to forget people who play on console, or people who have joint issues (like someone mentioned a few pages ago), when it comes to button pressing. I'm glad to hear that you're managing, but if it's too much, you could maybe try to cast your offering when damage taken - you might not have it when you need it the most, but it should work at least decently. :)

As for the phoenix, that guy is especially tough because he reduces your max fire res, and he and his small phoenixes all deal pure fire damage. If you look carefully in the video, you should see that I use Molten Shell before his large "kaboom" bursts; without that, I believe I would get blasted to oblivion as well. :p

Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes. :)

aaaaah, that makes sense... yeah, he is destroying me. If I get MORE fire resistance that will not help me correct because he drops my max value regardless of how much I have. I believe I have like 120% max fire resistance so that must be the case. I wonder if I should carry one of those flasks that absorb fire damage.

Its hard to see exactly what is going on to time up molten shell for me but that is what I will try. The changes I have made to your build thus far due to playing on console are: I can't use the predator's targeting effectively so I put minion damage in the spider damage instead of predator, I put cast when hit with cyclone to cast the curse Vuln because getting one on the gloves is too expensive on console, I have to manually cast Golem which I put MAIM on due to the changes I had to make on Cyclone.

One question that I do have, my HoP seems really under powered. Without Spiders it feels like I do next to zero damage. I have a 4 RED 2 BLUE armor with near maxed gems as you suggest, but my damage is bad. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong there?
"One question that I do have, my HoP seems really under powered. Without Spiders it feels like I do next to zero damage. I have a 4 RED 2 BLUE armor with near maxed gems as you suggest, but my damage is bad. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong there?"

1. do u inflict bleeding on the enemies by yourself? divergent maim or bleeding support with cyclone or vulnerability on hit?
2. do u use vulnerability?
3. Empower 4 lvl?

these 3 options are the main source of the HoP dps, if u use basic 4R 2B 6-linked gems. and their dps is pretty nice.
Last edited by gelion228 on Oct 14, 2020, 12:35:00 PM
"
gelion228 wrote:
"One question that I do have, my HoP seems really under powered. Without Spiders it feels like I do next to zero damage. I have a 4 RED 2 BLUE armor with near maxed gems as you suggest, but my damage is bad. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong there?"

1. do u inflict bleeding on the enemies by yourself? divergent maim or bleeding support with cyclone or vulnerability on hit?
2. do u use vulnerability?
3. Empower 4 lvl?

these 3 options are the main source of the HoP dps, if u use basic 4R 2B 6-linked gems. and their dps is pretty nice.

1. I cast Vuln as part of my Cyclone (I forfeit Culling Strike completely and I moved MAIM to the Golem links in replace of Cast When Stunned)
2. Yes, see above
3. I have an Emp lvl 3
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
I have an Emp lvl 3

This.

lvl 20 Hop and lvl 3 Empower = about 538k dps per one.
lvl 21 HoP and lvl 4 Empower = 680k.

little upgrate, but +568k dps in total. Against a8 sirus thats huge. Btw against any solo target all-buffed HoP feels ok.
"
gelion228 wrote:
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
I have an Emp lvl 3

This.

little upgrate, but +568k dps in total. Against a8 sirus thats huge. Btw against any solo target all-buffed HoP feels ok.

OK... just have to understand that I Play Xbox Standard and sometimes season. I am playing Standard now. In either things are at least 6 times more expensive then PC and for the rare things they are 20 to 40 times more expensive. I spent 25EX for my Blue Nightmare as an example... so I have 50EX in this build already... that has tapped me out. Getting a 4EMP and 21 HoP would be an insane more EX just like the gloves with Vuln on them are 20EX... the "price" we pay I guess for console play.
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
"
gelion228 wrote:
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
I have an Emp lvl 3

This.

OK... just have to understand that I Play Xbox Standard and sometimes season. I am playing Standard now. In either things are at least 6 times more expensive then PC and for the rare things they are 20 to 40 times more expensive. I spent 25EX for my Blue Nightmare as an example... so I have 50EX in this build already... that has tapped me out. Getting a 4EMP and 21 HoP would be an insane more EX just like the gloves with Vuln on them are 20EX... the "price" we pay I guess for console play.

I can give u some recommendations for "ssf like" economic:

1. use 2 any 3-link weapons in alter weapon slot and lvl up 6 another empowers during ur exping or farming, just buy it with lvl 1.
2. always do all Alva missions, couse temle's corrupt procs about 2 times offten, then vaal orbs.
3. if u haven't enoght currency to by 6 lvl 1 empowers, strat do it with 6 HoP gems.
4. U can get some lvl 1 empower from delve checkpoints with gems, blight events, legions, etc.
Completed the full build yesterday and killed my first Sirus of the league with it. Can confirm for A5 I could facetank every ability without any issues. Only have some very expensive min-maxing left to do.

I really liked this build guide, it was very easy to follow and the trade links were very handy! I usually play glasscannon builds but I really wanted to play something more tanky for Heist.

This build is rather on the slow side and sometimes spawning the spiders can be annoying, but it's very reliable for Heist, I almost never die. As soon as lockdown occurs I can just spam my pots and cyclone to the exit while stuff dies around me. Really amazing build for Heist! Thank you OP!
Last edited by Silay on Oct 15, 2020, 2:28:55 AM
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:

Those prices are quite steep but I guess that also means that if you find something nice you can sell it for a lot more than us PC players :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Selling this entire build PM me if interested.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info