[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

I was wondering about Herald of Purity vs Divergent Herald of Purity. The difference is that the normal one has 20% minion movement speed at 20/20 and the other has 20% cooldown recovery rate at 20/20.

Was wondering how useful the cooldown recovery is for the sentinels of purity. According to Wiki they use shield charge and an AoE attack called crusade slam so any cooldown reduction does not seem that beneficial to either of those attacks. On top of that, there are almost no level 21 Divergent HoP's out there so a level 21/23 regular HoP is probably best overall.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

"I mean, as the guy who wrote the guide, I might be the best person to ask questions, but as you wish. : ^) "

no, since you sent me to read, instead of telling me where to get the mana pool (besides rings), I of course read the manual, so I asked a question in the comments to find more information, maybe the amplification of auras affects mana, though I'm not sure, but still did not understand where the extra mana comes from, so I run around with an amulet, oil "charisma)"

as you understood ,i am not american man,I apologize for mistakes, I assign all responsibility to google translator
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
On top of that, there are almost no level 21 Divergent HoP's out there so a level 21/23 regular HoP is probably best overall.

I levelled DV HOP to 20/20 before vaaling but was unlucky so I just keep using normal 21/20 and it works fine.

On another note, I've been busy levelling and min-maxing the build (with limited budget) and I'm very happy the way it turned out to be.

Fairly cheap to get going even with low-rolls on the equipment, with very clear upgrade path and affordable options where you can use the chaos recipe to progress.

I always loved tanky builds but they usually struggle with good enough DPS, well currently I'm happy to have HOPs and spiders doing around 4.5m (3m) DPS in total (buffed/unbuffed), easily dealing with pretty much any map mods (no regen calls for mana flask, this is probably the only one I re-roll if i can) and handling heists like a champ.

Great many thanks to Vatinas to brining this build to light, I salute you good Sir!
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I was wondering about Herald of Purity vs Divergent Herald of Purity. The difference is that the normal one has 20% minion movement speed at 20/20 and the other has 20% cooldown recovery rate at 20/20.

Was wondering how useful the cooldown recovery is for the sentinels of purity. According to Wiki they use shield charge and an AoE attack called crusade slam so any cooldown reduction does not seem that beneficial to either of those attacks. On top of that, there are almost no level 21 Divergent HoP's out there so a level 21/23 regular HoP is probably best overall.

I chose Anomalous
"

"I mean, as the guy who wrote the guide, I might be the best person to ask questions, but as you wish. : ^) "

no, since you sent me to read, instead of telling me where to get the mana pool (besides rings), I of course read the manual, so I asked a question in the comments to find more information, maybe the amplification of auras affects mana, though I'm not sure, but still did not understand where the extra mana comes from, so I run around with an amulet, oil "charisma)"

as you understood ,i am not american man,I apologize for mistakes, I assign all responsibility to google translator

Your mistake is very obvious, you'll find out, if you read the guide again.
Quick tip: support gems.
"
gelion228 wrote:

1. use 2 any 3-link weapons in alter weapon slot and lvl up 6 another empowers during ur exping or farming, just buy it with lvl 1.
2. always do all Alva missions, couse temle's corrupt procs about 2 times offten, then vaal orbs.
3. if u haven't enoght currency to by 6 lvl 1 empowers, strat do it with 6 HoP gems.
4. U can get some lvl 1 empower from delve checkpoints with gems, blight events, legions, etc.

1. Ok - I will do this but the plan would be to level Empower from 1 to 3 and then corrupt it correct? It takes forever to get to level 3 unless I am doing something wrong
2. can you explain this further? I don't understand what you mean by this with regards to helping me get gems
3. so i level them all the way to 20/20 and then vaal orb them correct?
4. thanks, will keep eye out for them. i do have a few it just takes FOREVER to get them to level 3 which I am assuming I have to do before I vaal orb them correct?
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Divergent is incredibly strong. You can check in PoB, if you select the Crusade Slam skill, that it deals huge damage (precise numbers depend on the setup, but it's usually around 1.5s worth of DPS in one hit), and has a cooldown, which is reduced by the Divergent quality. It's definitely worth investing into in my opinion.

"

There's one thing you need to understand: people have commented asking this exact same questions more times than I can remember. And every time, I sigh, and answer, once again, even though it's explained in multiple places in the guide. Like I said right under the PoB link, I spent a very, very, very long time writing the guide and making it as clear and complete as possible, and not only is it painfully exhausting for me to answer questions that are already answered there every page of the thread, it seems rude to me to ask some of another person's time because you're too lazy to read the section that's about your issue, let alone the FAQ.

It's already a huge time investment for me to maintain the guide itself and answer the questions on the thread that aren't already answered. I can't write the FAQ again and again every page - which, by the way, had every bit of information you needed for your issue.

However, like I said, if you tell me that you checked everything that I mentioned there and post a PoB, I can take a look. But if I open PoB, import your build, look at it, and the answer is mentioned in the FAQ... You know.

As for the language part of it, no problem at all :) I'm not a native English speaker myself, and believe me, I struggled a lot with that in the past :P
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Divergent is incredibly strong. You can check in PoB, if you select the Crusade Slam skill, that it deals huge damage (precise numbers depend on the setup, but it's usually around 1.5s worth of DPS in one hit), and has a cooldown, which is reduced by the Divergent quality. It's definitely worth investing into in my opinion.

"

There's one thing you need to understand: people have commented asking this exact same questions more times than I can remember. And every time, I sigh, and answer, once again, even though it's explained in multiple places in the guide. Like I said right under the PoB link, I spent a very, very, very long time writing the guide and making it as clear and complete as possible, and not only is it painfully exhausting for me to answer questions that are already answered there every page of the thread, it seems rude to me to ask some of another person's time because you're too lazy to read the section that's about your issue, let alone the FAQ.

It's already a huge time investment for me to maintain the guide itself and answer the questions on the thread that aren't already answered. I can't write the FAQ again and again every page - which, by the way, had every bit of information you needed for your issue.

However, like I said, if you tell me that you checked everything that I mentioned there and post a PoB, I can take a look. But if I open PoB, import your build, look at it, and the answer is mentioned in the FAQ... You know.

As for the language part of it, no problem at all :) I'm not a native English speaker myself, and believe me, I struggled a lot with that in the past :P

Lol.

You probably need to hear this more. Thanks for writing such a comprehensive guide. It's well thought out and clearly took lots of effort. I haven't tried all the content yet, but I killed Sirius (only A4 so far) while watching TV. I tanked his normal death lasers like a boss and shrugged off the meteors like raindrops. I'm not normally a fan of being tanky but this is actually pretty fun, thanks!
Can I fight Sirus A4 again after defeating him or am I stuck with the lvl 8 fight? - Thanks
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
Can I fight Sirus A4 again after defeating him or am I stuck with the lvl 8 fight? - Thanks

The watchstones you socket dictate the awakening level. Unsocket stones to get back to A4 (tip if you're not already doing it - use the boxes on the left to save inventory space)
Last edited by BoNEcrSHa on Oct 15, 2020, 3:30:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info