[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

I've been really enjoying this build. I'm a newer player and this is the first time I've been able to actually play the end game. I've killed A8, UE, simulacrum and farmed some 100% deli maps. Thank you so much!
"
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
there is not enough mana reserve, how to solve this problem?
I didn't understand where the author got more mana from

Read the FAQ

don t write me

I mean, as the guy who wrote the guide, I might be the best person to ask questions, but as you wish. : ^)

"
mcflurrys wrote:
I wanted to thank you for this awesome build. It's been a pleasure to level this guy from the moment I got the dagger and you deserve lots of credit for such a cheap build.

I have been leveling in heists from level 70 to 94.
I used vile toxins as you recommended, but replaced the predator support instead of empower, worked fine.
Now at 94 I am able to equip the stalwart commander jewel, posponing the cult-leader+disciples.

I have to say I am almost unkillable, but I keep struggling with desecrated ground and library/laboratory mobs which deal phys as chaos or something like that.
My question is, should I go for the zealot's oath+chaos inoculation as soon as possible, or even remove some dmg to use those keystones? I have died only a few times and all have been chaos damage caused. (not counting a few 1 shot bugs on pre patched heist)

Thank you again, I think this build may become heist meta in the future.

I'm glad you're enjoying it that much! ^^

Yes, you should definitely grab CI + Zealot's Oath, even if you need to refund some nodes. I usually do that around level 75 or 80, it's a life changer once you can sustain your ES. ;)

Cheers!
"
mcflurrys wrote:
I wanted to thank you for this awesome build. It's been a pleasure to level this guy from the moment I got the dagger and you deserve lots of credit for such a cheap build.

I have been leveling in heists from level 70 to 94.
I used vile toxins as you recommended, but replaced the predator support instead of empower, worked fine.
Now at 94 I am able to equip the stalwart commander jewel, posponing the cult-leader+disciples.

I have to say I am almost unkillable, but I keep struggling with desecrated ground and library/laboratory mobs which deal phys as chaos or something like that.
My question is, should I go for the zealot's oath+chaos inoculation as soon as possible, or even remove some dmg to use those keystones? I have died only a few times and all have been chaos damage caused. (not counting a few 1 shot bugs on pre patched heist)

Thank you again, I think this build may become heist meta in the future.

CI will make you immune to chaos damage. I went CI pretty early at around 82 and I feel its worth it.

I took a look at your build, I see you also have 2 jewels that give the 2% chance to block spell damage, only 1 should be necessary to hit the 75% cap

I would personally unspec the combat stamina nodes, and the righteous army nodes for now to get the cluster jewels first as a source of better damage along with CI / zealots oath to combat that chaos damage.

The ancient leer jewel and resolute technique are not necessary

You should also look into getting a jew corrupted with "corrupted blood cannot be inflected on you", energized Armour is farily cheap with this roll and it might be worth using that in place of the watchers eye tbh
Last edited by bloodclox on Oct 13, 2020, 1:42:46 PM
Any Ideas how to craft Cluster Jewels?
So I have the base of this build complete and can TANK most content. However, when I go take on the Phoenix Guardian I get continuously one shotted over and over again. When I watch the video clip that is loaded up in the OP I see the same thing that I am doing which is cycloning right on top of the Phoenix. Is there something special that needs to be done with flasks or something that I am missing to pull this off? I face tank the Minotaur and the Chimera Guardian like nothing... I have max Fire Resist... any suggestions as to how this seems easily done on the video but I am getting powned...

Other things to add quick: I really like this build, thanks for the guide. I play on Xbox so I believe I experience more lag then PC players and button pushing is more complex but I manage. I don't believe that I am doing anything that would cause me to get destroyed by Phoenix like this.

Thanks
Last edited by keyserSoze_15 on Oct 13, 2020, 3:57:04 PM
"
bloodclox wrote:

CI will make you immune to chaos damage. I went CI pretty early at around 82 and I feel its worth it.

I took a look at your build, I see you also have 2 jewels that give the 2% chance to block spell damage, only 1 should be necessary to hit the 75% cap

I would personally unspec the combat stamina nodes, and the righteous army nodes for now to get the cluster jewels first as a source of better damage along with CI / zealots oath to combat that chaos damage.

You should also look into getting a jew corrupted with "corrupted blood cannot be inflected on you", energized Armour is farily cheap with this roll and it might be worth using that in place of the watchers eye tbh

Regarding the belt, I have the eye jewel replacement in my do list, Ill try to get one with res + ES or something like that.

The ancient leer in the tree was horrible, I know lol. So I have respec the righteous army and combat stamina so I can use the whole cluster :D that was cool! Should I go for combat or righteous in the next levels? 14% armor seems nice but I'd go for the minion damage, right?

On the other hand I thought resolute technique affected minions, since it was included in the pob of the build... But got 2 passive points from that so I wont complain.

About the watchers eye, I think I can use that extra energy shield, Im barely reaching 6k ES and I am only running lv 83 heist/bps, but if you think the build needs it...

Thanks for everything, you helped a lot!
"
mcflurrys wrote:
"
bloodclox wrote:

Regarding the belt, I have the eye jewel replacement in my do list, Ill try to get one with res + ES or something like that.

The ancient leer in the tree was horrible, I know lol. So I have respec the righteous army and combat stamina so I can use the whole cluster :D that was cool! Should I go for combat or righteous in the next levels? 14% armor seems nice but I'd go for the minion damage, right?

On the other hand I thought resolute technique affected minions, since it was included in the pob of the build... But got 2 passive points from that so I wont complain.

About the watchers eye, I think I can use that extra energy shield, Im barely reaching 6k ES and I am only running lv 83 heist/bps, but if you think the build needs it...

Thanks for everything, you helped a lot!

No problem man! I love helping out. Yeah were pretty stacked out on defenses we can roll any t16 map and not die, so minion damage might be best. Next level I'm probably gonna unspec out of 2 mana nodes that i chose as a placeholder till next level so I can put 3 in the minion damage and the notable righteous army to see how it feels.

Under leveling in the guide it says RT is only necessary if you are gonna play HoA instead of HoP

About the ES, true, and swapping to energized armor will further decrease your ES as that would be transferred into armor, the lord and savior Vatinas said it's worth it though so thats the route I went as well.

"deep thoughts" and "heart and soul" as suggested in the POB would give a shitton of armour and ES

You can also spec out of the nodes leading to "discipline and training" to save 1 skill point since life wont matter with CI
Last edited by bloodclox on Oct 13, 2020, 10:01:27 PM
How much think is needed to fully convert into this build if I leveled Templar. Looks "cheaper" then most builds I've looked at.
Last edited by vektson on Oct 14, 2020, 6:28:51 AM
Hey really enjoying the build probably one of the most interesting ive played, that being said i've accumulated a little bit of currency through this build and others and i was wondering if there was something i could improve on other than levels or where i could find upgrades other than miniscule accuracy on weapon or mana on the chest. perhaps maybe a swap to a better non unique item of some sort. thanks in advance!
"
keyserSoze_15 wrote:
So I have the base of this build complete and can TANK most content. However, when I go take on the Phoenix Guardian I get continuously one shotted over and over again. When I watch the video clip that is loaded up in the OP I see the same thing that I am doing which is cycloning right on top of the Phoenix. Is there something special that needs to be done with flasks or something that I am missing to pull this off? I face tank the Minotaur and the Chimera Guardian like nothing... I have max Fire Resist... any suggestions as to how this seems easily done on the video but I am getting powned...

Other things to add quick: I really like this build, thanks for the guide. I play on Xbox so I believe I experience more lag then PC players and button pushing is more complex but I manage. I don't believe that I am doing anything that would cause me to get destroyed by Phoenix like this.

Thanks

Hey! :)

It's true that I tend to forget people who play on console, or people who have joint issues (like someone mentioned a few pages ago), when it comes to button pressing. I'm glad to hear that you're managing, but if it's too much, you could maybe try to cast your offering when damage taken - you might not have it when you need it the most, but it should work at least decently. :)

As for the phoenix, that guy is especially tough because he reduces your max fire res, and he and his small phoenixes all deal pure fire damage. If you look carefully in the video, you should see that I use Molten Shell before his large "kaboom" bursts; without that, I believe I would get blasted to oblivion as well. :p

Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes. :)

"
Tense_Up wrote:
Hey really enjoying the build probably one of the most interesting ive played, that being said i've accumulated a little bit of currency through this build and others and i was wondering if there was something i could improve on other than levels or where i could find upgrades other than miniscule accuracy on weapon or mana on the chest. perhaps maybe a swap to a better non unique item of some sort. thanks in advance!

Hi :) I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I mentioned end game upgrades / minmaxing possibilities in the guide, in the "gear progression" section. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info