[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
il_yuha wrote:
Greetings. I'm a beginner, so don't scold me too much! It seems that I did everything according to the guide, but when I meet bosses on the map with resistance to the elements, it is almost impossible to kill. Spiders don't do much damage, I haven't even reached Uber bosses yet. What have I done wrong? Tell me please. Hero in profile

That is weird as you seem to have the required gear. Somehow I can't get your tree to load. Keeps hanging at 98% but assume you have the desired tree.
The spiders are using Viper Strike as skill so they are doing physical damage + chaos damage. Elemental resists on bosses should not really matter and to be honest... 20 spiders should tear up any map boss... even with melee splash instead of mele physical damage. I don't bother to swap gems on map bosses (even T16). Only for conquerors and Sirus etc. I swap to melee phys for more single target damage.

Are you sure you have all spiders out to hit or could it be that you are having trouble (re)summoning them on bosses and only your sentinels of purity are doing damage? The X - X (pressing X twice fast) trick should be used often... before any big fights to make sure you have a fresh team of spiders when hitting the boss.

You can watch my Sirus A7 fight (posted a youtube link earlier) which only lasted about 4 minutes total. I will soon do A8 and will record it as well... hoping to do that deathless as well :)

"
il_yuha wrote:

And it also happens that I do not die from one-shot, but simply a smooth decrease in energy shield. What's this? Burning or poisoning?

and I can't find where I lost my spell block: I only typed 72% = (

Poison should not really hurt us so it's most likely a de-gen or other ground effect. I used to die a lot to ignite/burn before I used an anti-burn potion. Also, make sure not to stand still in the blue squares when Baran entered your map. The best advice for this is to keep moving and don't stay in 1 place too long.

You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Greetings. I'm a beginner, so don't scold me too much! It seems that I did everything according to the guide, but when I meet bosses on the map with resistance to the elements, it is almost impossible to kill. Spiders don't do much damage, I haven't even reached Uber bosses yet. What have I done wrong? Tell me please. Hero in profile

Hello, your gear and tree seems fine to me, just as good as mine. You really should not be having damage issues for map bosses. Are you able to summon 20 spiders to hit the boss ? He shouldn't really be standing for long if you do and signal prey him.
The way summoning works is - Cast desecrate 2 times -> use writhing jar and cyclone kill the worms. For QOL press X twice before this to unsummon your golem :)

"
And it also happens that I do not die from one-shot, but simply a smooth decrease in energy shield. What's this? Burning or poisoning?

I see in your set up you don't have a staunching flask, which removed bleed on use. I think that's what is causing you to die since it's very common in maps. You should replace the ignite mod with bleed mod. Other mods that you should be aware are burning ground and Baran's mana cube, poison doesn't affect you since you're CI - You have 100% chaos resistance.

"

In hideout we all have 72% spell block chance. The other 3% comes from your abyss jewel in the belt. It gives you 2% spell block when you get it which is amplified by 75% so its 3+ %, which makes it 75 for us. :)
Guys finally solved my curse issue...

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/NessajStorm/XardoMiskuzi?i=1&search=name%3Dxard

have no experience with imputing gear here so that is quick view and you can ask me on anything.

the idea is have 3 curse AG wia Hungry loop [still have 1 support gem open], and Awakened hextouch to aplly: Punishment,Vulnerability and Despair - sadly Marks cant proc as corruped implicit...

AG Equip : Immortal setup with 2 additional apply curse.

Chest : Any hunter chest with %life,aplly additional curse,any resistance and open prefix for %life is apply as additional ES

Helm : Mask of the stiched demon

Boots : Windshreak

Gloves any life,chaos resist and despair or other curse on hit take what you want.

Weapon : Kingmaker for juicy Fortify,culling strike and crit multi as aura.

Curse interaction is AG can have 3 curses you have 2 curses so he not overwrite your 2 curses.

PS: Sorry for my bad english...

PSS: the PoB from Poe Ninja is some way corrupted my HoP have 550k each without buffs from AG.

Im make some validate PoB in future.

Have a nice day Nessaj

Last edited by NessajStorm on Oct 12, 2020, 9:11:41 AM
"
il_yuha wrote:

it's all about mechanics.When you get a burning sensation, or poison, then you must use the vaal discipline, also do not forget to squeeze the molten shield, and also a can for armor
"
ea3b wrote:
Divergent Culling Strike Support instead "Recover 2% of Life when Supported Skills Cull an Enemy" will give "Recover 2% of Energy shield when Supported Skills Cull an Enemy"?

Bumping this post from ea3b, does anybody know if this works?
"
bloodclox wrote:
"
ea3b wrote:
Divergent Culling Strike Support instead "Recover 2% of Life when Supported Skills Cull an Enemy" will give "Recover 2% of Energy shield when Supported Skills Cull an Enemy"?

Bumping this post from ea3b, does anybody know if this works?

Unfortunately, it won't. As long as something is not worded as "regenerate #% of life per second when [...]", it won't apply to ES through Zealot's Oath. :/
"
NessajStorm wrote:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/NessajStorm/XardoMiskuzi?i=1&search=name%3Dxard

have no experience with imputing gear here so that is quick view and you can ask me on anything.

the idea is have 3 curse AG wia Hungry loop [still have 1 support gem open], and Awakened hextouch to aplly: Punishment,Vulnerability and Despair - sadly Marks cant proc as corruped implicit...

Chest : Any hunter chest with %life,aplly additional curse,any resistance and open prefix for %life is apply as additional ES

Gloves any life,chaos resist and despair or other curse on hit take what you want.

Curse interaction is AG can have 3 curses you have 2 curses so he not overwrite your 2 curses.

PSS: the PoB from Poe Ninja is some way corrupted my HoP have 550k each without buffs from AG.

Have a nice day Nessaj

Hi! :)

I like the idea, and I like that you're experimenting to make the build better for you!

Unfortunately, I think there will be a few problems in practice. First, I remember seeing people analysing the Kingmaker aura's AoE, and it was very small. Like, really small, way too small to rely on it 24/7. And since our build needs a permanent fortify, and is made a lot smoother by the fact that we have a permanent cull, and that our minions don't (if they get kill credit, no spider resummoning and no sentinel summoning while clearing), I don't think it would end up feeling as smooth.

Also, the fact that you require some spell block on your Watcher's Eye means that you lose the physical damage reduction mod, which can make large physical hits dangerous.

Then, if I read the poe.ninja profile correctly, I assume that you need a "+1 lvl of socketed gems" Aegis shield, which is perfectly fine since you already have one of course - it just means that it's unlikely that I share this version in the guide in its current state, since it would be hard to access for most people. :/

Back to the AG: if you find a way to keep the fortify and cull on our Cyclone, it might be very strong to use Sign of the Sin Eater as its weapon, since ignite and shock are some of the only things that can sometimes be dangerous for us. I tried using it last league on an AG, and it worked really well. Just an idea that I thought I'd share ^^

Thanks again for experimenting, and once again, your version is a very interesting idea - I just wanted to share my thoughts on what might not work ^^ Have a nice day!
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
NessajStorm wrote:

Have a nice day Nessaj

Hi! :)

I like the idea, and I like that you're experimenting to make the build better for you!

Unfortunately, I think there will be a few problems in practice. First, I remember seeing people analysing the Kingmaker aura's AoE, and it was very small. Like, really small, way too small to rely on it 24/7. And since our build needs a permanent fortify, and is made a lot smoother by the fact that we have a permanent cull, and that our minions don't (if they get kill credit, no spider resummoning and no sentinel summoning while clearing), I don't think it would end up feeling as smooth.

Also, the fact that you require some spell block on your Watcher's Eye means that you lose the physical damage reduction mod, which can make large physical hits dangerous.

Then, if I read the poe.ninja profile correctly, I assume that you need a "+1 lvl of socketed gems" Aegis shield, which is perfectly fine since you already have one of course - it just means that it's unlikely that I share this version in the guide in its current state, since it would be hard to access for most people. :/

Back to the AG: if you find a way to keep the fortify and cull on our Cyclone, it might be very strong to use Sign of the Sin Eater as its weapon, since ignite and shock are some of the only things that can sometimes be dangerous for us. I tried using it last league on an AG, and it worked really well. Just an idea that I thought I'd share ^^

Thanks again for experimenting, and once again, your version is a very interesting idea - I just wanted to share my thoughts on what might not work ^^ Have a nice day!

Thanks for response ye some items will be hard to get at start at league but later shield with +1 gems is not problem at all.

And yes Quality of life is little lower vs your version but clear speed is 2-3 times faster. The punishment is really huge difference in clear speed.

Btw this is 1st version of experience build so may be im improve them soon.

Regards Nessaj
Why we dont use Resolute Technique for endgame?
"
Ejdzej wrote:
Why we dont use Resolute Technique for endgame?

There is no need for that since our hits with cyclone are not the source of doing damage. I'm still at 89% chance to hit which is more than enough to proc fortify and cull. In the end it would be 2 wasted skill points
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info