(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
AKettleOfFish wrote:
Loving this build so much! After a 2 year hiatus this has been such a fun build to come back to.

I've gotten most of the expensive unique items....if someone could look at my build and recommend where I should go from here that would be amazing. I currently have 8 ex to spend.

Get the 30% enchant for your helm, and get the Flash Freeze annoint for your amulet (this is a pretty good dps boost).
Also try to put cast speed on your amulet or find another. Cast speed is really good for our build.

Then if you dare, double corrupt your chest. Or find one cheap which will be impossible.
Hi thanks so much for the build! Can someone look at my toon and let me know how I can improve it?

I find myself quite squishy and getting one shot especially by mobs spamming projectiles :/

Thanks in advance!
would steel skin linked with CWDT or Molten Shell linked with CWDR(also vaalMolten Shell) for self cast be better? ive seen alot of people choosing Molten Shell over IC and Steel Skin
Why not use Tukohama's Fortress for the free aura?
"
mineperse wrote:

In place of Atziri's reflection or in place of a rare?
You could use it in place of a rare I guess, but then you won't have the +1 to all cold skill gems, cast speed, etc...
In place of Atziri's...don't do that. ;)

EDIT: forgot about blood magic as mentioned below... don't use it. Blood Magic = bad.
Last edited by Gulch on Oct 16, 2019, 2:46:46 PM
"
mineperse wrote:

Definitely no - blood magic removes your mana, so MoM would be useless, and given how much mana is spent proccing arcane surge, hell no.
"
DekcerWTeG wrote:
would steel skin linked with CWDT or Molten Shell linked with CWDR(also vaalMolten Shell) for self cast be better? ive seen alot of people choosing Molten Shell over IC and Steel Skin
Do you have at least 10k armor? If yes, Molten Shell beats steelskin, if nope, you won't get much out of it. You can use granite flask of iron skin and then manually pop molten shell and it will get buffed in value from the increased armor from the flask, but if you have it in CWDT you can't ensure it will trigger when flask is up.

Since Soul Mantle is an ES piece, getting decent amounts of armor will be harder.

The difference is low level Steelskin does nothing, low level Molten Shell is nearly as effective as high level Molten Shell but completely dependent on your armor values.

CWDT Steelskin is super weak due to how low values it has at low levels, so it's kinda your choice CWDT 1 with either steelskin or molten shell on low armor character will do next to nothing.
Hey, I followed your guide, and it went great. I wanted to know if it's worth to replace Hypothermia with Faster Projectile Support, as I noticed that Faster Projectile have better DPS and travelling range than Hypothermia. Might it be worth to switch it for clearing maps, or blighted maps?

I only started poe a month ago, and im still getting used to it.
Last edited by Answered9k99 on Oct 16, 2019, 10:49:31 PM
HCBlightSSF Update 4

I am done this league for now (RIP'd at level 93.5 at #11 heirophant due to legion lag in a T14).

I can pretty much approve this for HCSSF. I still never ended up being able to get a second kikazaru which is bewildering because I've found over 40 unique rings (the first one I got from chancing topaz rings - meaning I didn't even find one), got a soul mantle totally randomly in delve from a monster in the darkness (1020 fusings later I 6 linked it even though it had 29% quality ugh), got a 19% self-flagellation, and a clear mind.

Despite that I couldn't even get the basic unique setup, I had some decent gear - couldn't craft a decent +1 totems shaper shield - landed on a +1 fire gems, +1 totems, T2/T3 res one that I was keeping for a fire totem build in the future if I do that.

Thanks for the build!

P.s. it goes without saying the GG end game gear is impossible in HCSSF - chances of queen's sacrifice prophecy and finding the right vial/cowards chain plus getting T3 sac table is damn near impossible (though I did find the cowards chain belt).
Hello.

I am enjoying that build on current league. I can't complain about damage but I feel kind of "squishy" (dying in many situations). I don't know I am missing something or I it's my lack of strategy-knowledge. May I get some advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info