(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

I'm thinking of respeccing to this one from LiftingNerdBro's Frostbolt totems.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931084/page/1

PoB gives this one much higher dps, will the change be worth it??
"
ozmog wrote:
1. Buy a base or farm one yourself (Shaped sceptre/ dagger/ wand/ staff iLvl>85).
Wouldn't include a staff here, skipping the +1 totem from shield?

"
BadTomSmith wrote:
i don't have so much problems , just the projectiles insta kill me , what can i change in the build for more defense or damage?
Going with a shield instead of dual wield would probably be safer, except the damage stats (+1 to gems, +1 to totems) you can get decent amount of life and even try to get some defensive stats like up to 12% spell block chance or recover 5% mana / life / es when you block (can't remember if all of these roll on shaper shields though).

Lunaris pantheon also helps against projectiles.

But it feels to me like it's not really possible to make a totem build "tanky" and the best "defense" is trying to place totems in a spot where they act as a decoy and draw spells / attention from monsters first.
Last edited by Viktranka on Oct 18, 2019, 2:58:16 PM
"
ozmog wrote:
"
Gluminor wrote:
Hi everyone, crafting noob here...Is there any guide I can refer to to craft the rare scepter mentioned in the guide?

1. Buy a base or farm one yourself (Shaped sceptre/ dagger/ wand/ staff iLvl>85).
2. Make it magic rarity if it's rare (Scour + Transmute)
3. Start using Alterations on it until you hit the prefix: Gain (16–20)% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage with that being the t1 rolls, t2 is
(10-15%).
4. Use a regal orb on it in order to make it rare.
5. Now you can end up with a weapon either with 2 or 3 affixes. Depends if your weapon rolled 1 or 2 affixes when Alteration spamming.
6. RNG part comes into play: you need to Annul it once or twice and hope that the Ele dmg as extra chaos dmg stays.
7.1 If you end up lucky you have a rare base with only one prefix being the ele dmg as extra chaos dmg and you can multimod it. Either contact a trusted crafter(you can use my help, my craft service thread is #2647085) to multimod it for you or if you have the mods you need, you can do it yourself.
7.2 If you end up annuling the ele dmg as extra chaos dmg, you go back at step 2.

If you have excess currency you can search and buy a rare base with that mod in the market, but they sure will be pricey 1-2ex.

You just need tons of RNG with the Alteration spam and then the Annulments

Awesome thank you so much, I'll check that out and reach out if I need your crafting services :)
which is better and why ?
1.- +1 of level all cold spell skill gems or
2.- Gain 20% elemental damage as extra chaos damage + Gain 4% of Non-Chaos damage as extra Chaos damage

Hello,

Please help me. I am using double Kikarazu rings + the passive skill to make curses 100% less effective.

However I'm seeing that my resists are going down if I have a curse on me that lowers them.

Is this normal? I don't think so...
"
KubanitoS wrote:
However I'm seeing that my resists are going down if I have a curse on me that lowers them.
You aren't using coward's legacy by any chance? It increases the effect of curses on you that would counteract the reductions from kikazarus.
This build could be done in a Marauder?... :)
"
Vyr75 wrote:

Probably, it's going to be meh without the totem specific ascendancy's though
"
Vyr75 wrote:
Due to what kind of bonuses Chieftains are getting, I would imagine fire or physical totem skills would be much better on them than the other type of totem builds.
Would Inspiration support be worthwhile in the main link, replacing Controlled Destruction?

I haven't been able to try it in PoB yet. While Inspiration has an inconsistent more multiplier, and only goes to 40% instead of 44% for Controlled Destruction, I think 100-150% inc crit chance makes up for it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info