(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Hi everyone, crafting noob here...Is there any guide I can refer to to craft the rare scepter mentioned in the guide?
"
Raven111 wrote:
Hello.

I am enjoying that build on current league. I can't complain about damage but I feel kind of "squishy" (dying in many situations). I don't know I am missing something or I it's my lack of strategy-knowledge. May I get some advice?

Where are your resists at? How much HP and Mana do you have?
"
Gulch wrote:

Resists:
Fire - 75%
Cold - 70%
Lightning - 67%
Chaos - 75%

Life - 4295
ES - 1485
Mana - 2905
"
Raven111 wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:

Resists:
Fire - 75%
Cold - 70%
Lightning - 67%
Chaos - 75%

Life - 4295
ES - 1485
Mana - 2905

I know nothing but this is some stuff I learned playing this build.

1. Your resists need to be fixed up. Elemental should be 75%, your Chaos is too high. Not that it isn't useful but, most likely your sacrificing Elemental resists to get to that 75% Chaos. I did the same, getting up to 42% Chaos at the high point. I am running at 20% now.

2. Get a Forbidden Taste (sorry, don't know how to link it). I just looted one and not sure why I haven't been using one all this time. Almost 100% health healed on use. It won't keep you from being one shot but, it will save you when you only have a few HP left.

3. Check your Steelskin setup. I ignored this and suffered for it. Make sure you have the gems at the right levels. I think this helped a lot when I finally was doing it as stated in the guide.

4. Dead don't do damage. Find some DPS options to drop and add in more HP and Shields. IF your dead you can't kill anything so staying alive is more important then extra crit, damage or whatever.

5. Not sure if the will be useful for you but I picked up The Brine Crown. It is a unique that has some good defense boosts. I think it helped with Physical damage by giving me a nice chunk of armor. Went for 2% damage reduction to 12% with this (26% while stationary). I found one with the 30%Increased Freezing Pulse Speed mod on it.

6. Switch your left mouse button to move only and not attack/move. Making this change probably cut down my deaths by over 60%. Took a while to realize that I stopped to attack mobs rather then run away. Without a combat log I had to see the deaths over and over to finally understand what was happening.

7. Go expensive. Atrizi's Shield helped beef up the tanks as well. Costly but, with it you can free up your ring slots for more tank. Totally worth it... if you have the Exalts.

This build ran real well for me until I hit T10 maps, then the dying started. I had to work though it to get a bit more buffed to survive. Now it is mostly just me not paying attention or being stupid (or ranged blight mobs burning me down before I know they are attacking me).

Best of luck with it. Hope some of this helps.

Ashina
This is a decent build for people like me who want to give hardcore a try but are inexperienced with the playstyle. You won't be running in the middle of packs with this build, more like cast totem in front, run to it, cast another etc.

I still die, because I suck at hardcore, but at least it's an enjoyable experience, for me.

Yes resists need to be maxed. This is the number one advice, other than that, keep a freeze immune flask ready.
Second-class poe gamer
"
Raven111 wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:

Resists:
Fire - 75%
Cold - 70%
Lightning - 67%
Chaos - 75%

Life - 4295
ES - 1485
Mana - 2905

Try to get Fire, Cold and Lightning resists all over 75%, ideally they'd all be over 100% with cold being the highest for the Wise Oak flask.
Right now your Wise Oak is useless because you cold resist is not the highest.
Don't worry about Chaos resist (mine is below 0%)
Your HP,ES and Mana are decent.(better than mine)
Get a different amulet and gloves that don't have chaos resist on them.
You don't have the 30% helm enchant (that's a big dps boost)
You don't have the boot enchant (another big dps boost)

Another question, what is your tooltip damage while in town?

EDIT:
Oh and put the Flash Freeze annointment on your amulets.
Last edited by Gulch on Oct 18, 2019, 11:31:07 AM
"
Gluminor wrote:
Hi everyone, crafting noob here...Is there any guide I can refer to to craft the rare scepter mentioned in the guide?

1. Buy a base or farm one yourself (Shaped sceptre/ dagger/ wand/ staff iLvl>85).
2. Make it magic rarity if it's rare (Scour + Transmute)
3. Start using Alterations on it until you hit the prefix: Gain (16–20)% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage with that being the t1 rolls, t2 is
(10-15%).
4. Use a regal orb on it in order to make it rare.
5. Now you can end up with a weapon either with 2 or 3 affixes. Depends if your weapon rolled 1 or 2 affixes when Alteration spamming.
6. RNG part comes into play: you need to Annul it once or twice and hope that the Ele dmg as extra chaos dmg stays.
7.1 If you end up lucky you have a rare base with only one prefix being the ele dmg as extra chaos dmg and you can multimod it. Either contact a trusted crafter(you can use my help, my craft service thread is #2647085) to multimod it for you or if you have the mods you need, you can do it yourself.
7.2 If you end up annuling the ele dmg as extra chaos dmg, you go back at step 2.

If you have excess currency you can search and buy a rare base with that mod in the market, but they sure will be pricey 1-2ex.

You just need tons of RNG with the Alteration spam and then the Annulments
(Sorry for my bad english )Hi ! Your build is amazing ! my actual freezing pulse build is this https://pastebin.com/JPkYAkUp i don't have so much problems , just the projectiles insta kill me , what can i change in the build for more defense or damage?
Can this build be played as frost bolt? I think it’s pretty much the same thing. Is there any reason to pick one skill over the other?
"
Can this build be played as frost bolt? I think it’s pretty much the same thing. Is there any reason to pick one skill over the other?

Freezing Pulse has a chance to freeze. Frostbolt does not.
But I'm not the smartest guy when it comes to theorycrafting in this game.
Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info