(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
JSquare wrote:

What's the point of a gilded fossil on a ring that you are going to chance?

The unique ring will still have the gilded mod and when you vaal you have a chance of taking sells for more instead the socket mod.

so you can get a essence worm with socket and vaal mod.
Did I fuck up by going for spell gems instead all cold on my wand?

[/quote]

umm no that's easily best in slot
Last edited by veenarm on Oct 8, 2019, 5:24:07 PM
"
veenarm wrote:
Did I fuck up by going for spell gems instead all cold on my wand?

umm no that's easily best in slot

Close to BIS, Profane wand is better ;) Insane wand nevertheless, congrats!!
Last edited by illuminate89 on Oct 8, 2019, 8:17:26 PM
First off, huge thank you to @Wallach, been an amazing build but I'll be benching this for now. Completed end game content easily and lead the charge on "deep" delve. Hit 650+ but we lack the defences to push further without changing up the entire build for it.

Amazing league starter and a tonne of fun to play!
"
joewdye wrote:
"
JSquare wrote:

What's the point of a gilded fossil on a ring that you are going to chance?

The unique ring will still have the gilded mod and when you vaal you have a chance of taking sells for more instead the socket mod.

so you can get a essence worm with socket and vaal mod.

today I learned... thanks for that info haha.
This build is just amazing! i'm running the budget version of it and it really gets the job done even at high tier maps.
Thank you!
Last edited by allnamesaretaken50 on Oct 9, 2019, 7:16:25 AM
isnt it better to have multiple totems in the 6L the "less damage" counts as one of the totems but having one more still is beneficial isnt it?
"
Bendercoot wrote:
isnt it better to have multiple totems in the 6L the "less damage" counts as one of the totems but having one more still is beneficial isnt it?
Well let's do an experiment.
First, you have to replace 1 gem in your link (so you're running on a 5-link). Let's take Hypothermia for easy calculation and assume target is always chilled.

Let's say 1 totem on a 5 link does 100 damage.

With hypothermia it will do 39% more so 139.

You have 5 totems. 139*5=695

Now you replace that with multiple totems instead. Your skill does 21% less damage. So 79.

You have 7 totems. 79*7=553

And you have to spend 2 extra button presses to get max value out of your totems (they need all to be hitting the target). Edit: Scratch that, forgot it puts 2 totems with 1 press so you save 1 press (from 5 down to 4), but still a damage loss as you see later.

If I take OP's POB the weakest gem in the link is added cold damage if diamond flask isn't available, or increased critical strikes if diamond flask is up.

In the first case, the gem (added cold damage) provides around 25% more damage. 125*5=625 still more than the 7 totem setup.

In the second case it's around 18% more damage with the gem than without. 118*5=590 still more.

TLDR:
You gain 2 totems but you lose 1 gem link AND inflict a damage penalty to your spell of -21%, while the value of the last slotted support gem estimates between +18% to +25%, so basically you're nullifying another gem with the penalty.

So it's like running your end-game on a 4-link. Doesn't sound fun.
Last edited by Viktranka on Oct 9, 2019, 7:11:37 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Bendercoot wrote:
Well let's do an experiment.
First, you have to replace 1 gem in your link (so you're running on a 5-link). Let's take Hypothermia for easy calculation and assume target is always chilled.

Let's say 1 totem on a 5 link does 100 damage.

With hypothermia it will do 39% more so 139.

You have 5 totems. 139*5=695

Now you replace that with multiple totems instead. Your skill does 21% less damage. So 79.

You have 7 totems. 79*7=553

And you have to spend 2 extra button presses to get max value out of your totems (they need all to be hitting the target). Edit: Scratch that, forgot it puts 2 totems with 1 press so you save 1 press (from 5 down to 4), but still a damage loss as you see later.

If I take OP's POB the weakest gem in the link is added cold damage if diamond flask isn't available, or increased critical strikes if diamond flask is up.

In the first case, the gem (added cold damage) provides around 25% more damage. 125*5=625 still more than the 7 totem setup.

In the second case it's around 18% more damage with the gem than without. 118*5=590 still more.

TLDR:
You gain 2 totems but you lose 1 gem link AND inflict a damage penalty to your spell of -21%, while the value of the last slotted support gem estimates between +18% to +25%, so basically you're nullifying another gem with the penalty.

So it's like running your end-game on a 4-link. Doesn't sound fun.

yes i see, what i also see is that i forgot to take into consideration that we have 5 and not 4 totems due to the chest, which i forgot about. thanks =)
What about long shot for annoint? Same speed, 4% less increase as flash freeze but up to 40% based on distance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info