(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
rotheee wrote:
"
Gorrinako wrote:
I have a question guys, im so happy with that build, but.. How can I balance my life/es/mana pool?? Right now i have 3903 life, 1128 es, 3106 mana. Im thinking on use Herald of Ice, because i have a lot of mana, but im not sure if its worth. Y have so high mana regeneration too, with that pretty amulet

40% of damage goes to mana, then 60% goes to life/es, then..
(life + ES) X 60 = Mana X 40

Is that correct???

just do life x 0,66 = ur min! mana pool .. if u add this to ur life u have ehp

u wont reserve mana cause of the clear mind!

high mana reg = high life reg = good :)

3903 X 0,66 = 2575, I have 3106 mana, so i can use herald of ice and still balanced. BUT why for 0,66?? I have 30 mind over matter + 10 from ascendancys damaged taken goes tu mana before life, so, must be 0,6 and not 0,6666 i think, sure??
"
Gorrinako wrote:
"
rotheee wrote:
"
Gorrinako wrote:
I have a question guys, im so happy with that build, but.. How can I balance my life/es/mana pool?? Right now i have 3903 life, 1128 es, 3106 mana. Im thinking on use Herald of Ice, because i have a lot of mana, but im not sure if its worth. Y have so high mana regeneration too, with that pretty amulet

40% of damage goes to mana, then 60% goes to life/es, then..
(life + ES) X 60 = Mana X 40

Is that correct???

just do life x 0,66 = ur min! mana pool .. if u add this to ur life u have ehp

u wont reserve mana cause of the clear mind!

high mana reg = high life reg = good :)

3903 X 0,66 = 2575, I have 3106 mana, so i can use herald of ice and still balanced. BUT why for 0,66?? I have 30 mind over matter + 10 from ascendancys damaged taken goes tu mana before life, so, must be 0,6 and not 0,6666 i think, sure??

u can ye .. if u dont use clear mind

If you have 40% mom the calc is 0.4 / 0.6 = 0.6666 or 66.6%
"
Mentalmike wrote:
I seem to have trouble with the Blights with this character.

The totems die really fast and the damage isnt great. Taking down uniques is a 50/50 change if I do it in time before they reach the plant.

Bosses wise, its ok but the T15/16 it can be sluggish (havent done shaper or Uber Elder yet (or Red Elder either).

Tooltip in Hideout is close to 65k. When fully maxxed it goes as high as 150k.

Please may someone review and look to see if i am doing anything wrong.

You need boots with the enchant, and you could get a helm that has the freezing pulse projectile speed enchant, that will boost your damage by quite a bit.

Your amulet is ok, but if it also had cast speed and spell damage that would help a lot.
Cast Speed is huge for our build.So is crit multi.
Last edited by Gulch on Oct 5, 2019, 10:55:50 AM
Thanks for an awesome and well constructed guide. I just did my first ever Uber Elder with it :)

My favorite part is not having to worry about curses lol.
This guide has been great to me as I've tried various totem builds this league, being my first totem character and all. Never knew life would be easy, not needing to care about temp. chain maps and all. Now I'm almost fully geared out and I'm still wondering what can I change. I think the weapon can be better but I'm too starved on currency to create a new one yet. Same goes for the helmet, need a new one with FP enchantment Hope everyone has a good time!

Last edited by xsicho on Oct 6, 2019, 3:21:28 AM
"
Gulch wrote:
"
veenarm wrote:
Build Rocks :)

I'm at about 1.5-1.6mil per totem

What's your tooltip damage in town?

Min maxing majorly at the moment, and swapped from haste to zealotry with a watchers eye that has 15% cast speed with zealotry and the cold pen.

The double hatred one is a bit rich for my blood at the moment..

Next upgrades for me are focusing on wand for 20% ele instead of +1 cold, and better boots so i can craft cannot be frozen.

I just realised my MoM isn't getting the most, so i dropped 1 hp node to pick up deep thoughts again, but POB still has me now at 2.1 million per totem.

My resistances are currently perfectly balanced too, spent time diving the helm for that :)

My mana is about 50 less than the 0.66* hp value.

Tooltip:

POB: 1.86m per totem (without Vaal Haste up)
With Vaal Haste running it boosts to 2.1m

(Config)
All flasks active
Always low life
Power Charges: Yes
Endurance Charges: Yes
Onslaught: Yes
Enemies killed by totems recently: 15
Is the enemy chillded: Yes

-----
I kill uber elder in < 2minutes (immediately phases at start of fight).

I'd say the DPS is fine :)

I'm pushing through past delve 315 now so surviving might be worth investigating now :)

Last edited by veenarm on Oct 6, 2019, 5:44:16 AM
Hi, i have a question about this build before i invest a lot of time into it: will i be able to do Uber Elder wihtout the suggested end game gear (Atziri's mirror and stuff)?

I ask because i have a lv.94 Saboteur and a lv.93 Guardian and i wasn't able to take down Uber Elder yet (i did Shaper with ease). I do not enjoy leveling alt so much so that's why i am asking. Thank you in advance.
"
Nightmare1304 wrote:
I ask because i have a lv.94 Saboteur and a lv.93 Guardian and i wasn't able to take down Uber Elder yet (i did Shaper with ease).
Tbh it's more of a question what causes problems with uber Elder for you, your guardian is really tanky and well invested saboteurs have potential to do great damage, so if it's neither the survivability issue nor damage, it's hard to pin point if this build would solve your problems. Personally I heard ice spear totems are better boss killers than frozen pulse (but frozen pulse is better for mapping).

Totem builds resemble saboteurs in a way they can play it safe from a distance, but can't really get tons of hp (soul mantle has 0) or get to "facetank" everything. So I'm just wondering if you play a totem character will you have similar issues as playing a saboteur, however I don't know what the exact issue was.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Nightmare1304 wrote:
I ask because i have a lv.94 Saboteur and a lv.93 Guardian and i wasn't able to take down Uber Elder yet (i did Shaper with ease).
Tbh it's more of a question what causes problems with uber Elder for you, your guardian is really tanky and well invested saboteurs have potential to do great damage, so if it's neither the survivability issue nor damage, it's hard to pin point if this build would solve your problems. Personally I heard ice spear totems are better boss killers than frozen pulse (but frozen pulse is better for mapping).

Totem builds resemble saboteurs in a way they can play it safe from a distance, but can't really get tons of hp (soul mantle has 0) or get to "facetank" everything. So I'm just wondering if you play a totem character will you have similar issues as playing a saboteur, however I don't know what the exact issue was.

First of all, thank you for your kind reply. I will explain my problems: the Saboteur does a lot of damage, but dies too quickly, even tho i have capped res 5k+ life and i would say decent defence layers. With the Guardian it's the opposite: i tank more, but i do not enough damage to quickly kill the Elder spawns before they release those debuff areas on the ground making the fight impossible.
So i was trying to find something else, maybe more suited for this kind of fight. If Freezing Pulse totem is more map oriented than it's not what i need right now (even tho i like the build), because map wise i'm pretty fine, i completed the Atlas with ease. Well if you have any suggestion that would fit my situation would be appreciated. I will keep looking too.
Anyway, thank you.
"
Nightmare1304 wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Nightmare1304 wrote:

First of all, thank you for your kind reply. I will explain my problems: the Saboteur does a lot of damage, but dies too quickly, even tho i have capped res 5k+ life and i would say decent defence layers. With the Guardian it's the opposite: i tank more, but i do not enough damage to quickly kill the Elder spawns before they release those debuff areas on the ground making the fight impossible.
So i was trying to find something else, maybe more suited for this kind of fight. If Freezing Pulse totem is more map oriented than it's not what i need right now (even tho i like the build), because map wise i'm pretty fine, i completed the Atlas with ease. Well if you have any suggestion that would fit my situation would be appreciated. I will keep looking too.
Anyway, thank you.

I killed uber elder well before i got the gear I currently have.

He's doable on the duel kikazaru +1 totem shield one, this build everything I had i crafted myself in a private league.

You still have to dodge everything and not get hit, getting hit hurts, and if you take 2 hits you die obviously and the fight maybe takes 4-5minutes? not sure didn't count compared to current gear where it's < 2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info