(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Hi, since I'm finding my essence drain build kinda squishy I'm going to try this build. Hope it comes close to essence drain at clear speed.

Btw since the objective of the bud it's to have enough dexterity to use projectile weakness (at least end game), wouldn't be better to replace lightning warp/portal for phase run? Or do you find that flame dash is enough?

Thanks for the build
Last edited by Luscofusco on Jul 5, 2019, 5:58:25 PM
Finished my crafting, I'm quite happy with the result (and the power boost) :-)

"
Luscofusco wrote:
Hi, since I'm finding my essence drain build kinda squishy I'm going to try this build. Hole it comes close to essence drain at clear speed.

Btw since the objective of the bud it's to have enough dexterity to use projectile weakness (at least end game), wouldn't be better to replace lightning warp/portal for phase run? Or do you find that flame dash is enough?

Thanks for the build

I played essence drain and this both and i can say the clear speed for this is very good, with my current gear even in tier 16s it melts legion generals and the freeze is great. And i think if you wanted to you could swap out those gems and put in phase run with inc duration or take an aoe gem from frost bomb and put it in there since it already has increased duration. However this will eat the frenzy charges your cold snap generates so it could slow clear speed a little bit so in the end its up to you

Started solo selffound a couple of days ago, with your build, i must admit its starting to get realy good now :D just missing another ring now, to get curse "immune" but handeling it with curse removal flasks atm.
One last thing I would like to add. I found one more upgrade for this build and that is shaped boots with totem damage on them. The boot mod goes up to 35%. Ideally you get one with ranged totem support so it doesnt mess with your spells trying to totem them and all. I plugged on the ones I bought into pob, but it kept coming back with a loss of dps versus your boots even with the same lab enchant which doesn't make sense. I figured its probably tied into your gems but Im not sure how. Any thoughts on this? The tool tip damage, which is a horrible indicator I know gave me a 10-12k damage boost.
Last edited by Zomphere on Jul 5, 2019, 8:04:30 PM
"
Zomphere wrote:
One last thing I would like to add. I found one more upgrade for this build and that is shaped boots with totem damage on them. The boot mod goes up to 35%. Ideally you get one with ranged totem support so it doesnt mess with your spells trying to totem them and all. I plugged on the ones I bought into pob, but it kept coming back with a loss of dps versus your boots even with the same lab enchant which doesn't make sense. I figured its probably tied into your gems but Im not sure how. Any thoughts on this?

Double check that the resists on the boots aren't messing up Wise Oak and causing it to grant penetration of a different element. That would be my guess.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Zomphere wrote:
One last thing I would like to add. I found one more upgrade for this build and that is shaped boots with totem damage on them. The boot mod goes up to 35%. Ideally you get one with ranged totem support so it doesnt mess with your spells trying to totem them and all. I plugged on the ones I bought into pob, but it kept coming back with a loss of dps versus your boots even with the same lab enchant which doesn't make sense. I figured its probably tied into your gems but Im not sure how. Any thoughts on this?

Double check that the resists on the boots aren't messing up Wise Oak and causing it to grant penetration of a different element. That would be my guess.

Yep completely slipped my mind about the resists and the flask good call. After setting the values correctly its about a 4.5% damage boost using shaped totem damage boots.
I have been having a blast with this build. Its not the tankiest but pretty decent. Clear-speed is good and the Single Target is awesome. I mean if you can do UE deathless multiple times then the build has all the DPS you need. I can even occasionally do enough DPS that Chimera skips the smoke phase altogether.

Not the best for legion encounters though. I mean its good but not at Cyclone/Contagion level.

So far did :

1. Uber Elder deathless twice (and a few more times with a death or 2)
2. Uber Atziri deathless
3. HoGM deathless
4. Delve bosses at 250 (lvl 83)

This is my gear :

I think I would like to go for "Cannot be Silenced" and "Increased damage" corruption on the First Snow jewels. Corrupted Blood, though very good, would be wasted on this build.

Thanks a lot for the build OP.
So I'm a bit confused... I can see how the first First Snow Jewel gets the 40 intelligence to activate... but the 2nd Jewel doesn't have enough intelligence around it to activate?
"
The_Doser wrote:
So I'm a bit confused... I can see how the first First Snow Jewel gets the 40 intelligence to activate... but the 2nd Jewel doesn't have enough intelligence around it to activate?

The second jewel you get as you're leveling is just to the right of Quick Recovery, it definitely has Int around it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info