(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
"
The_Doser wrote:
So I'm a bit confused... I can see how the first First Snow Jewel gets the 40 intelligence to activate... but the 2nd Jewel doesn't have enough intelligence around it to activate?

The second jewel you get as you're leveling is just to the right of Quick Recovery, it definitely has Int around it.

Yes but would have to change where points are going differently than recommended/the video states... as recommended only has 20 intelligence unless I'm missing something?
"
The_Doser wrote:
"
"
The_Doser wrote:
So I'm a bit confused... I can see how the first First Snow Jewel gets the 40 intelligence to activate... but the 2nd Jewel doesn't have enough intelligence around it to activate?

The second jewel you get as you're leveling is just to the right of Quick Recovery, it definitely has Int around it.

Yes but would have to change where points are going differently than recommended/the video states... as recommended only has 20 intelligence unless I'm missing something?

Never mind seems to still work... seems I have missed something Haha but just done it.
What would be the next best thing to upgrade? I really wanted to start saving to swap to atziri's reflection set up, but maybe a better wand?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Laere on Jul 6, 2019, 3:39:19 PM
"
Laere wrote:
What would be the next best thing to upgrade? I really wanted to start saving to swap to atziri's reflection set up, but maybe a better wand?

Thoughts?

You should get a offhand with +1 max totem while you safe for atziri's reflection.
Ok +1 totem and what other stats would u recommend? Crit to spells, spell damage life?
I'm just copy pasting what the creator of the build wrote:

A Rare Shaper shield is your main goal here for the "+1 to number of maximum summoned totems" affix. This only requires an item level of 70 or higher to appear on Shaper shields so acquiring a base shield to craft isn't too bad. I recommend crafting on something like a Fossilised Spirit Shield base for the highest possible Spell Damage implicit bonus.

Otherwise, look for either defensive stats where you're currently lacking (life, mana, resists) or general offensive caster stats like cast speed, spell damage, or spell crit chance bonuses.

Btw you should also get a silver flask to get onslaught

Also, if you really want (not sure if this is a big upgrade) you can get gloves that have faster casting, so you can also use increased duration, and that way i think you can use arcane surge a level or two higher (need to check)
Last edited by Luscofusco on Jul 6, 2019, 5:37:33 PM
Oh I think I see what you mean. They changed threshold jewels a couple patches ago, you no longer have to actually allocate the int. It just has to have 40 int in the radius. So that jewel node by QR hits the 4 int nodes between Witch and Scion and the three coming up from Witch
"
Laere wrote:

Thoughts?

You have multiple items that need to be looked into. start with these first :

1. Gloves..get some with atleast Slower Projectle mod and possibly faster casting mod as well. Start with one..upgrade to the one with both mods.
2. If you are not using Atziris you should atleast go for a +1 to totem shield...its a 20% more multiplier.
3. Wand get one with : Implicit spell or elemental damage above 30, Increased Cold spell damage above 70, adds cold damage to spells , faster casting, crit chance/crit Multi..
Hi,

first of all. amazing build. well done!

i have 1 question. why do we use a vaal righteous fire or gem of your choice.

if we have ancestral bond it doesn't do any damage anyway? or am i missing something here?

thanks for clearing it up.

Emvy
"
Velma01 wrote:
Hi,

first of all. amazing build. well done!

i have 1 question. why do we use a vaal righteous fire or gem of your choice.

if we have ancestral bond it doesn't do any damage anyway? or am i missing something here?

thanks for clearing it up.

Emvy

Ancestral Bond does indeed stop the fire aura from dealing damage, however one of the secondary effects of Vaal Righteous Fire is that it grants a large "More Spell Damage" bonus while it is active, which increases the damage of our totems (up to 28% at gem rank 20).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info