(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Hey Wallach,

I have been playing your build for a few days, and it's pretty great. Thanks a lot for putting it up, and also your HF totem one.

I feel like HF totem is a better one to start a league, just because it's way easier to get a 6L rare body armour than a 6L Soulmantle. I'll definitely try it as my next league starter.

Have all the "basic" gear right now, lvl 74, I'll start on crafting a nice sceptre really soon.

How would you go about crafting mods that I have not unveiled yet, do any of you know of a good trusted player who offers that service for a reasonable fee ?
"
thomzon wrote:
Hey Wallach,

I have been playing your build for a few days, and it's pretty great. Thanks a lot for putting it up, and also your HF totem one.

I feel like HF totem is a better one to start a league, just because it's way easier to get a 6L rare body armour than a 6L Soulmantle. I'll definitely try it as my next league starter.

Have all the "basic" gear right now, lvl 74, I'll start on crafting a nice sceptre really soon.

How would you go about crafting mods that I have not unveiled yet, do any of you know of a good trusted player who offers that service for a reasonable fee ?

If you ever catch me online I don't mind helping folks with crafts they don't have access to. Tips aren't even necessary.
"
Wallach wrote:

If you ever catch me online I don't mind helping folks with crafts they don't have access to. Tips aren't even necessary.

That's super nice of you, I'll definitely try whispering you :-)
Hey all,

So I burned MANY alterations, and finally I have got this:

I have screwed crafts in the past, so I want to make sure before burning exalts :-). I can craft "Prefixes cannot be changed", then scour, then multimod, right ?
"
thomzon wrote:
Hey all,

I have screwed crafts in the past, so I want to make sure before burning exalts :-). I can craft "Prefixes cannot be changed", then scour, then multimod, right ?

I'm pretty sure that is how that works (assuming Cold Resist and Attack Speed are both suffixes, which I believe they are), though you might want to hit up an expert crafter to be 100% sure. I don't generally use that method.
Maybe you will make MF version? :D And also how about clearspeed is it average or better? 😁
"
Wallach wrote:

I'm pretty sure that is how that works (assuming Cold Resist and Attack Speed are both suffixes, which I believe they are), though you might want to hit up an expert crafter to be 100% sure. I don't generally use that method.

Yeah thought about it more during my drive to work, in fact it's not going to work so easily.
They are both suffixes indeed, so if I craft "Prefix cannot be changed" (also a suffix), and scour, the only remaining mod will be the one I want. But since it's the only one, the item will be blue again, so I'll have to regal, then annul and pray (with imprinting if I want to retry afterwards).
Given the price of "Prefix cannot be change", I'm not sure it's worth it.

So my best bet is probably to annul and hope for the best. I'll try crafting some basic recipe to increase my chances of annuling a suffix.
Once I have 1 prefix and 1 suffix left, I then either:
1. Try to annul the last suffix, or
2. Craft "multimod", "suffix cannot be changed", any random prefix, and scour
-> That would be a guaranteed result, but I would have to craft multimodal again since it's a suffix
-> 6ex total cost just for the base -_-

I'm getting so much choice paralysis when confronted with these expensive choices, I only have 8 exalts in the bank :p
"
thomzon wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:

Yeah thought about it more during my drive to work, in fact it's not going to work so easily.
They are both suffixes indeed, so if I craft "Prefix cannot be changed" (also a suffix), and scour, the only remaining mod will be the one I want. But since it's the only one, the item will be blue again, so I'll have to regal, then annul and pray (with imprinting if I want to retry afterwards).
Given the price of "Prefix cannot be change", I'm not sure it's worth it.

So my best bet is probably to annul and hope for the best. I'll try crafting some basic recipe to increase my chances of annuling a suffix.
Once I have 1 prefix and 1 suffix left, I then either:
1. Try to annul the last suffix, or
2. Craft "multimod", "suffix cannot be changed", any random prefix, and scour
-> That would be a guaranteed result, but I would have to craft multimodal again since it's a suffix
-> 6ex total cost just for the base -_-

I'm getting so much choice paralysis when confronted with these expensive choices, I only have 8 exalts in the bank :p

Sent you a PM that should give you a decent fallback plan.
Last edited by Wallach on Jul 5, 2019, 3:52:34 AM
I'm doing this build on HC but i feel pretty squeeshy... anyone thought about something to give this build a bit more defence?
"
thomzon wrote:
Hey all,

If you do prefix cannot be changed and scour, it will turn into a blue scepter with the ele as chaos mod. In order for it to stay yellow theres needs to be 2 prefixes cause blues can never have 2 prefixes. Obviously you dont want 2 prefixes so this wont work. Best bet is to annul twice and then multimod or if you fail go back to alteration spam + regal and annul when u hit ele as chaos again.
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info