(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
Ancestral Bond does indeed stop the fire aura from dealing damage, however one of the secondary effects of Vaal Righteous Fire is that it grants a large "More Spell Damage" bonus while it is active, which increases the damage of our totems (up to 28% at gem rank 20).

cool. thanks. never knew that had a side effect! i will start using it then. :)
Have we found any league specific jewels that do anything for us?
"
T_V_C wrote:
Have we found any league specific jewels that do anything for us?

For the high budget version im currently using a elegant hubris in the socket to the right of avatar of fire, with chitus it turns avatar of dire into supreme ego for a 50% inc effect of hatred the one i have also turns the two +30 stat nodes below the jewel area into a 80% crit node and a 15% cast speed node. So thats a lot of good stuff for 3 points but of course the jewels are random so you might have to try a lot out before you find a good one (I think i ended up trying about 12). So it certainly can be worth it to mess around with them imo
Last edited by Frauztea on Jul 7, 2019, 2:20:46 PM
How do you think this would handle in hardcore? It looks pretty safe because of the crazy range of the totems but how often do you get into oh shit moments with legion mobs? Any changes you'd recommend for hardcore? I'm so over have to play high phys reduction melee classes this league. Can this delve pretty safely?

Really nice guide by the way, I always appreciate when people tier the pob skill tree.
Last edited by Syche22 on Jul 7, 2019, 3:59:29 PM
"
Syche22 wrote:
How do you think this would handle in hardcore? It looks pretty safe because of the crazy range of the totems but how often do you get into oh shit moments with legion mobs? Any changes you'd recommend for hardcore? I'm so over have to play high phys reduction melee classes this league. Can this delve pretty safely?

Really nice guide by the way, I always appreciate when people tier the pob skill tree.

I only had 2 deaths up to level 100 and that was playing relatively aggressively in softcore, so I'm guessing you could do fine in hardcore with this build. There's definitely room to drop damage for more defense if needed. I'd probably improve the physical mitigation and add some means of Fortify for starters.

It's fine in Delve but I wouldn't say that is the build's wheelhouse. You want more than usual flare radius for going off-road I think just because totems aren't so bright. I've never died in the mines up to 310 or whatever I'm at, and for following the cart or handling Delve bosses the build is quite good (I still haven't found Aul but I've slapped the other two a number of times with no issues).
Just starting out this build, and I want to thank you for the time you took to write up a detailed leveling guide. People(including myself) like to put 1 paragraph for that section and it grinds my gears.

Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Syche22 wrote:

I only had 2 deaths up to level 100 and that was playing relatively aggressively in softcore, so I'm guessing you could do fine in hardcore with this build. There's definitely room to drop damage for more defense if needed. I'd probably improve the physical mitigation and add some means of Fortify for starters.

It's fine in Delve but I wouldn't say that is the build's wheelhouse. You want more than usual flare radius for going off-road I think just because totems aren't so bright. I've never died in the mines up to 310 or whatever I'm at, and for following the cart or handling Delve bosses the build is quite good (I still haven't found Aul but I've slapped the other two a number of times with no issues).

You could check out my buld. I feel its on a pretty decent spot now for survivability. Main changes i did was rolling the extra totem on a high armor based shield, got a abyss belt with a jewel that gives 30 percent extra armor if you haven't killed recently, a granite flask with high extra armour rating and using vaal molten shell on my cwdt setup which let me manually cast vaal molten shell. The things i dropped are steelskin and vaal righteous fire and the onslaught bottle. I'm not shock immune now so i don't run those maps now and i also invested 3 points into the alchemy wheel for extra flask boost. For the last change i changed my bandits to kill all.
So at lvl 88 U-Elder kicked my ass hard. Not a damage issue, not a build issue, I'm just not very good at the fight. I did beat him in previous leagues, but with much more forgiving characters.
I never used my damage flasks, so maybe I should replace them with Hybrid Flasks just for this fight for better healing.

I never felt the main "drawback" of totems (they die...) more than during this fight, I have difficulty both concentrating on all the deadly clusterfuck on the screen and on re-castim them when they get obliterated.
I'll retry when I have better gear, so phases are shorter.

Any other suggestions to beat him other than playing better ? :-)

I also started some Glacier monolith farming, so I tried several setup to guarantee a 100% legion clear:
- Normal setup: works fine but not always a true 100% clear
- Just replacing Freezing Pulse with Frostbolt (and the threshold jewels of course): weird, clear should be better because of how far the projectiles go, but they are so slow it's actually worse
- Tried a quick Arc + Chain totem setup, thinking clear would actually be better. I did not play Arc since they nerfed its range, and it sucks, Freezing Pulse is way better.

So Freezing Pulse is the winner here. Anyone have another totem idea fitting (more or less) this build that could guarantee better legion clear ?

Hi!

Just finished campaign deathless at level 70 with 3 labs done. Couldn't 6 link my Soul Mantle, so settled for 5, since I could drop the totem-support gem anyway. The totems totally delete the mobs, and with a little practice, you hardly get hit by them so it's a safe build.

Did a frostbolt totem build in the past (before the "you summon two totems at once" change), but this works much better.

Question: how many curses is the maximum you can have on you? Currently, I'm seeing 10 or 11, maybe I need more cast speed?

EDIT: YES! Linked my chest. Finally. About 400 fusings in total I think.

Last edited by SwitchBL8 on Jul 8, 2019, 11:53:03 AM
Congratz for the chest, 400 fusing is really lucky :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info