(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Nice guide: I played FP totems in Bestiary and Incursion. Have you considered Lori's Lantern for the high budget setup? It doesn't have life, but 20% allres, 8% movespeed, 25% chaos res, and the 'damage from enemies hitting you is unlucky' mod. Not sure whether you can fit essence worm and Lori's in, though.
"
packotictacs wrote:
I was looking at your gem links and saw Bonechill. Doesn't look like any skill does cold damage over time, so what's it for?

It's explained under the Gem Links section; it's linked to Cold Snap, which is an active skill that puts down a large area of chilling ground when triggered by CWDT.

"
thorndeux wrote:
Nice guide: I played FP totems in Bestiary and Incursion. Have you considered Lori's Lantern for the high budget setup? It doesn't have life, but 20% allres, 8% movespeed, 25% chaos res, and the 'damage from enemies hitting you is unlucky' mod. Not sure whether you can fit essence worm and Lori's in, though.

Not a bad idea. I currently need the Dexterity so it'd be a pain to reshuffle stats around a new ring, but it does seem like a solid option.
Having lots of fun so far @lvl 70, thanks.

Just one question: Why use clear mind? The mana reg isn't that much and another self flagellation gives way more dps. I currently use two of them.
"
m02ph3u5 wrote:
Having lots of fun so far @lvl 70, thanks.

Just one question: Why use clear mind? The mana reg isn't that much and another self flagellation gives way more dps. I currently use two of them.

You can't use two Self-Flagellation jewels. You can socket a second one, but it won't grant any bonuses. Jewels state how many you are limited to per tree at the top of the tooltip.
can you do uber elder without the high budget build? theres a big gap of dps there...

:)
Last edited by herkufels on Jul 1, 2019, 10:18:31 AM
"
menides wrote:
can you do uber elder without the high budget build? theres a big gap of dps there...

For sure - my own Uber Elder video in the guide was done before I ever tried to set up the high budget version myself this league. I think the only video in the guide right now after I put together that setup is the 5 army Domain video.

"
herkufels wrote:

:)

That's a cute idea. Definitely a DPS gain if you can manage the resists and Dexterity without your other ring slot.
Using your POB I played around with the 6L gems and found using a level 4 empower gave us a dps boost in 2 cases.

your basic setup damage rounded up(ave/total) 200k/508k

EMP4 replaced Crit support 213k/542k

EMP4 replaced added cold dam 211k/535k

Not sure if dropping crit support would lower our ability to freeze in place, but if so dropping added cold for emp4 seems to work almost as good. What are your thoughts? Is there some other utility value I am missing? Seems if we went this way we could squeeze out 8-9% more damage.
Last edited by Zomphere on Jul 2, 2019, 5:09:46 PM
"
Zomphere wrote:
Using your POB I played around with the 6L gems and found using a level 4 empower gave us a dps boost in 2 cases.

your basic setup damage rounded up(ave/total) 200k/508k

EMP4 replaced Crit support 213k/542k

EMP4 replaced added cold dam 211k/535k

Not sure if dropping crit support would lower our ability to freeze in place, but if so dropping added cold for emp4 seems to work almost as good. What are your thoughts? Is there some other utility value I am missing? Seems if we went this way we could squeeze out 8-9% more damage.

This is actually a great idea - I never really considered rank 4 Empower.

From what I can tell, as you continue to scale gear upwards, Increased Critical Strikes gains in value over Added Cold Damage, so I think the latter is the gem we'd want to replace here. But Empower 4 does cleanly beat Added Cold Damage 21/23 even at my gear level, and there isn't really any abstract downside (whereas you could argue replacing Increased Critical Strikes might have an averse effect on your practical Freeze rate).

I'll add this to the guide, though I think I will do so under the "High Budget" section because an Empower 4 is a ~4ex gem, and Empower 3 is not a DPS gain for any gear level compared to Added Cold Damage.
Any tips for better survi? Sometimes i got one shot from t16 bosses or insane rare mobs.
Have 2 ex atm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info