no

I'd like to add that I really didn't like using Lion's Roar with this, and actually banked it in favor of a sulphur flask. The knockback just doesn't synergize very well.
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
teslabear wrote:

Yea it looks promising. Using a 285pdps Scaeva at the moment with a 1.3 APS so been hesitant to take out multistrike or put in pulverise. Just added a 6L chest piece (all evasion are the cheapest) so have 3G2R1B and added in AOE for mapping. Int is so low that I will probably reroll colors soon.

A note with multistrike: with the new animation mechanics for melee, it is very easy to end multistrike early. Multistrike deals most of its damage on the 3rd swipe. Clicking fast or stutter stepping nukes the DPS. When I get a 1.6-1.7 APS weapon I'll probably remove AOE and Multi and put in pulverise, melee phys, fortify, etc.

I also plan to 4L ancestral protector (got lucky 21/23 incubated) which adds a noticeable amount of damage and helps with APS more than warchief.

How important is impaling? Trying to work the math out to make impale support better than melee phys. Seems pretty close, though melee phys is much better for clearing because you wont hit something 10 times.

Impaling is pretty darn strong. Let me just pull my calculations for Impale support:

Basically, each stack of impale adds '10% more damage' (not really, but its easier to understand that way). You can have a maximum of 5 stacks on the enemy.
Because of that, we can deduct that every 20% chance to impale on hit equals 10% more damage.

This build has 80% chance to impale (80% / 20% = 4, 4 x 10% more = 40% more damage) which equals 40% more damage.

We also have increased impale effect, 20% from the Dread Banner and 59% from the Impale Support.

If our impale gave us 40% more physical damage, with increased effect it will grant us 40% x (0.20 + 0.59) = 40% + 31% = 71% more physical damage.

Impale with the Impale Support basically grants us 71% More Physical Damage, which outclasses most of the other supports.

And it has 15% More Physical on top of it, which is multiplicative with more damage granted by Impale debuff.

Yea it reminds me of running damage on full life support, trying to balance the large damage increases vs the down time (having to continually land hits to proc the damage with impale). Or rutheless/multistrike for that matter. Theoretical look awesome but realistic dps is hard to assume. I believe it is pre mitigation which is also nice against mobs that are anti-phys.

Just recolored my chest to 3R3G so adding in pulverise now, I'll let you know how it feels. Currently have foritfy in leap slam so running:
Lacerate - Brutality - Close Combat - Impale - Multistrike - Pulverise

About to start running T10+ maps if you want me to experiment with anything.
"
UlyUly wrote:
As many suggested, I updated level 60/70/80/90/100 trees in the Path of Building tree.

Tomorrow I'll work on refurbishing current 'end-of-act' trees in the levelling section.

I checked the pastebin link under the Bladestorm section but it seems to still be the same. Did you update it in a different place?

Thanks for the effort and great guide!
Going for lacerate berserker using this thread as inspiration but i changed the passive tree up alittle because I'm focusing on Axe's. so far at level 76 it's going just fine.

https://pastebin.com/hKzKarxH
Can any add link to his poe acc? 80+
coz now i play on 72 and dps was... fking low and dissapointed :C
Chain hook has more dps than bladestorm QQ
How do you sustain mana with this build?
"
eclipsedp wrote:
Can any add link to his poe acc? 80+
coz now i play on 72 and dps was... fking low and dissapointed :C
Chain hook has more dps than bladestorm QQ

Hey man thought I would chime in. I've had no issues with damage on Bladestorm. Currently 84 and I've done up to tier 12 maps easily on a 5L. Check my profile for my current gear it's nothing special. Haemophilia gloves were a huge buff to damage + clear speed. Also looking at your profile you don't have the Rite of Ruin ascendancy yet which is an absolute massive increase to your damage. Able to clear maps in Sand Stance and nuke bosses with Blood Stance. If I ever feel like a mob isn't dying fast enough in Sand I swap to Blood quickly and blow it up. Also I rarely use Berserk but it's there if you need something to die quickly. Looking to get a higher life chest and new weps next.

"
The_Carnifex wrote:

Leech. Before Pain Reaver ascendancy a single leech node below Vaal Pact is enough to sustain your mana. Use a mana flask before you reach this node while leveling.
Finishing the weekend with a 14 Red Elder kill on less than 40c w/ Tabula still. Build potential is high but it definitely won't be a build for everyone.

The biggest complaint is the QoL surrounding Rage. If you need to idle at all in a map to whisper or look at an item, you're going to degen most of your health and need to be careful not to get killed outright.

Otherwise, really loving it. Can't wait to start working on gear and see how much potential it really has.
"
The_Carnifex wrote:

Leech node near Vitality Void, I have used Wurm's Molt belt also... but then took Pain Reaver as first ascendancy and don't have any trouble after that.

So yeah, 2% mana leech from somewhere :)
Vertor et revertor.
"
aqrunnr wrote:
Finishing the weekend with a 14 Red Elder kill on less than 40c w/ Tabula still. Build potential is high but it definitely won't be a build for everyone.

The biggest complaint is the QoL surrounding Rage. If you need to idle at all in a map to whisper or look at an item, you're going to degen most of your health and need to be careful not to get killed outright.

Otherwise, really loving it. Can't wait to start working on gear and see how much potential it really has.

Pop Berserk and burn it? I'm playing HC and wondering if Vaal Pact is worth it, atm I don't degen from Blood Rage which I like (don't have the Rite of Ruin yet)
Vertor et revertor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info