Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

"
coyd wrote:
Thanks GGG for f*cking up my planed soulrend/bane trickster.. More free time for me I guess.

hahaha, sad panda.
hammer time!
Mirror of Kalandra?
Do only people which play standard reply to this thread?
One ascendancy is ruined so what? You start from nothing every few months is it that hard to pick a new one?
I understand the pain from people that play standard and their chars are ruined but what's the big deal when a new league comes out?
And it's always the same.
GGG nerfs a thing that was very powerful
-Everyone that plays that thing will be mad
GGG instead buffs the other things that are not so powerful as that, leaving the original very powerful thing, not so good anymore.
-Everyone that plays that thing will be mad

Anyways maybe i'm wrong but i have exam right now i have to go, good luck everyone!
At which time on the 10th of June is the PS4 Legion launch?
So many nerfs lol. Just remove headhunter already.

Rip chaos skills. Nerfed again after one league.

3.6 aka nerf of melee

3.7 aka nerf of spellcasters

I hope the game will be overall more balanced now and that obtaining good clearspeed/damage wont require much more of an investment overall. I dont mind meta shifts that much as long as there are cheaper builds for us casuals to enjoy. I thought soulrend was a good middle ground and hope it doesnt get completely useless. More investment is fine but dont change how the skill works.
"and should be a competitive choice for a Melee Totem character"

I'm guessing the person on the QA team whose never played a totem build tested this.

No totem placement speed nodes and the fact ancestral totems have a delay on placement and on attacking leave them in their same useless state.
I was expecting a great buff orgy for melee and attack based skills.
What we got was some improvements to the animation system, some buffs for close combat.... and a massive nerf orgy for a large variety of classes, skills and equipment.
GGG doesn´t seem to understand the "goal" behind PoE for most players and that is, to bring their characters to a "godlike" state. They say it doesn´t require much of an investment to craft delve dense equipment or that endgame characters are way too powerful with perfect abyssal jewels. But it does take a huge investment of time, trading, gearing, planning and developing a character to bring it to a state where he is able to aquire this kind of gear and equipment.
This, together with making the best items even rarer than they were, reduces the motivation to play for a long time even more.
To me it sounds as if they encourage players to play many characters per league instead of a single one. Who actually cares about enemies in act 1 and 2? Most players will skip those acts as fast as possible!
PoE is all about endgame and character development, crafting and having great gear. This whole "balance" patch sounds as if they want to make PoE into a quick arcade combat game where late game characters won´t benefit as much as before.
That kills PoE, and GGG doesn´t even realise it.
If you take the long term motivation from a game like this, you end up with a dead league after 2 weeks.

Nerfing other classes instead of just buffing the weak melee classes and skills is beyond my understanding.

The way they did nerf aspects of the game though seems so random that they might have just thrown darts blindfolded at a wall with potentially strong aspects of the game.
Oh right, now the unique stash also bug out, FIX IT PLZ
Just run with 7 golems while selfcasting as an elementalist. It is a bit of investment, but you get a ton in return.
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
coyd wrote:
Thanks GGG for f*cking up my planed soulrend/bane trickster.. More free time for me I guess.

why would you ever plan anything before patchnotes?

Because it was kinda only thing I am (was) interested in trying out. Not to mention it was planned as MoM but they removed passives behind keystones as well, so its another downside for my build now.

I really dont get the soulrend/bane nerf, the single target was already a poop if not minmaxed and heavily invested into. And clear wasnt really that op compared to other clearspeed skills and builds. I wouldnt even call it close to meta clearspeed so it really bugs me.
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info