[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
warxtreme wrote:
Also, a question.

First off, thanks for the build!
First time stepping off of full fledged ES build in 3 years and this is a great introduction to a semi-ES front.

How does EB and MoM work respectively?
I took the ES chest from my main and tacked it onto my Ireish lad, then used Devouring Diadem to enable EB.

Would the MoM take 30% damage from my mana pool AND my ES first before dipping into my health?

Because all things considered if having that extra 2,000 ES as opposed to 800 ES with a Loreweave I'll just stick with Loreweave.

Thanks!

EB makes ES work on your mana in exactly the same manner it previously worked on your health. If you spend mana on a skill, it is first removed from ES. If you reserve mana, it does not affect the ES. EB+MoM is therefore most often used to reserve 100% of your mana with auras, and then use the ES to reach that golden 70/30 split between life and mana (life and ES in this case).

That said, I don't recommend EB. It's less tanky and doesn't do that much more damage, less than you'd expect. I whole-heartedly recommend using your ES to bolster your life.

Let's say we have a hypothetical scenario where we have 5k life, 2k ES, and 2k mana. This isn't a perfect split, but it's close enough. Those stats are within reach, my level 92 char with very imperfect gear has them.

Without EB, that means you have 2k ES which gets taken first, then 7k life+mana which gets taken afterwards. 9k total effective HP.

With EB, you're not going to reach that. You might get up to 7k or 8k with similar gear. You'll also have to remove Arcane Surge, as spending ES for spells does not count as spending mana for the purposes of proccing it.

You can't make use of mana leech with EB. Not using it means you benefit from life, mana, and ES leech.

ES recharge works better to overall protect you when it protects both life and mana (life+mana is only affected when ES is 0), rather than just acting as your mana.

EDIT: Quick way to understand MoM + EB and no EB mechanics on damage taken:
No EB + MoM = ES > Life 70% + Mana 30%
EB + MoM = Life 70% + ES 30% > Mana (whatever the ES didn't take)

After reading this and doing more thorough research, I fully understand what you mean by needing a COPIOUS amount of ES to make it work optimally.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Also I may of missed this but a PSA for anyone running Blood Rage;
Energy shield will never regen if you have it on with the CWDT/IC set up!
Cheers.
"
warxtreme wrote:
After reading this and doing more thorough research, I fully understand what you mean by needing a COPIOUS amount of ES to make it work optimally.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Also I may of missed this but a PSA for anyone running Blood Rage;
Energy shield will never regen if you have it on with the CWDT/IC set up!
Cheers.

With EB, you want 30 ES for every 70 life. Without it, you just want any ES you can get, doesn't matter too much how big it is, it just makes you more tanky. Instead, you have to make sure your mana is close to 30 mana for every 70 life.

Regarding the Blood Rage, that's not necessarily true. Just using a single point of ES leech, we can sustain our ES even with blood rage.
Hello guys,
I'm using divine Ire with a staff (disintegrator)
can you answer to me two quick questions?
- why you use Hatred instead of Zealotry ?
- what is blood rage for? What benefict we have?

Thank you very much ;)

Last edited by ThoryX on Apr 10, 2019, 3:07:31 AM
"
ThoryX wrote:
Hello guys,
I'm using divine Ire with a staff (disintegrator)
can you answer to me two quick questions?
- why you use Hatred instead of Zealotry ?
- what is blood rage for? What benefict we have?

Thank you very much ;)

Hatred is better than Zealotry. Adding extra damage is very strong for our build, and if we also use two call of the brotherhood most of our damage is cold, further benefitting from Hatred.

Blood Rage gives us frenzy charges which gives us damage, cast speed, and attack speed.
Shaper and U.Elder viable mate? Thanks!
"
meister1523 wrote:
Shaper and U.Elder viable mate? Thanks!

I haven’t tried myself due to burnout and SSF, but my best guess is yes.
I've never had such a problem getting Dex and Str in a build in my life lol. It's not res nodes as stated in the build that I will need to temporarily pick up. It's Dex and Str nodes.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Math of Exile moar liek it amirite
"
I've never had such a problem getting Dex and Str in a build in my life lol. It's not res nodes as stated in the build that I will need to temporarily pick up. It's Dex and Str nodes.

Nope! An occasional strength or dex node is perfectly fine. Pick as needed! That said, if you don't use a dagger, you won't be starved for dex. Blood rage and such doesn't need to be at a high level.
"

I would try to get it on gear, even crafted, since you will likely be using ES pieces like

using strength or dex and quality to fill in what you need for gems, or if you need slightly more use raw crafts

also finally managed to craft a decent amulet(%ES actually is more effective life(355 instead of 208) than a life roll so the prefixes are just 1 tier on the fire dmg off perf for me)

I don't run blood rage because I dont like it otherwise I would craft crit or cast speed

now the fun of getting some dex rings to get onslaught on hit... then hysteria crafting
One thing that I find pretty amusing is swapping Concentrated Effect for Energy Leech and throwing it all into a Carcass Jack. The 50% increased area and 50% increased damage is pretty funny. Especially the extra range, it helps for quick taps between shield charges clearing screens. It really increases the charge rate when it's always hitting at least 5 targets, and without those hitting back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info