[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
SerialSnowfox wrote:
So I've been loving this, but I haven't update my gear in probably 15 levels. I've found some nice things, but every one of them is either trading a bunch of defense for damage, or a bunch of damage for defense. Ming's Heart for instance, 20% of physical as Chaos seems great, but dropping health and shield for it...

Other than replacing Tabula Rasa with a real 6L with ES/Life/Resists, and probably the gloves. What's the priority?

Right now my shield is very hard to replace because of all the resists loaded on it. If I had a real chest I could probably switch to a crit/spell damage shield I have.

I've got maybe 50 chaos give or take to spend.

Edit: I've since started using a 5L I found on the ground instead of the Tabula. It ended up with 430 base energy shield, which seems pretty decent. Drops the Ire damage from losing a 6L but the extra stats might make up for it? Then replaced the gloves, lost a bunch of shield, but got the spell damage. Trial run using Ming's Heart. It does add significantly to Ire damage, but the lost health and shields sucks as expected. Not having a massively negative Chaos resist might make up for some of that? Not sure I like the new amulet, but I found that many stats on one item, including 72 dex and spell damage kind of funny. I can probably afford to swap out the resist shield for one that has more spell damage and a bunch of spell crit on it, but I would lose the life and a bunch of shield.

Haven't used that setup much so I'm not sure how I like it yet. Seems maybe a little more sturdy, but a little less damage.

You should change up your flask setup. I'm using Ming's Heart+Forbidden Taste as well and it's more than enough for regaining health. A silver flask is a must, great dmg boost. A quicksilver flask is great for dodging/disengaging or just generally clearing faster. You should probably consider a defensive flask as well.
I just tested the mana usage with additional auras while taking damage and it makes a big difference in the sustainability of life, not really worth additional auras especially not on maps.

I have another question, in the Ascendancy section you mention that we can skip the third and final labs "until we transition to crit", what exactly does this mean or what is the point where you transition to crit?

I'm only asking since I'm able to do the other labs now.
"
Maelrus wrote:
Maybe I am to stupid to find it but what Jewels are you using? Any specific ones?

You are correct, I've neglected to include jewels in my gear section. Thanks!

General guideline is life and crit.
"
Warrie_D wrote:
I just tested the mana usage with additional auras while taking damage and it makes a big difference in the sustainability of life, not really worth additional auras especially not on maps.

I have another question, in the Ascendancy section you mention that we can skip the third and final labs "until we transition to crit", what exactly does this mean or what is the point where you transition to crit?

I'm only asking since I'm able to do the other labs now.

While leveling, we use Elemental Overload. The transition to crit is done by using a regret point on Elemental Overload. This is only worth it when you've got enough investment into nodes that give critical strike chance and crit multiplier to beat Elemental overload. Getting the last two labs, and a few of the crit nodes, will do that for you.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Warrie_D wrote:
Hi Lily.

Just wanted to update you, that I have been having a blast with your build. I'm still getting through some final acts and things, but this is a really good build that helps a lot for people who do not necessarily want to min/max everything at its best.

I do have one question regarding auras, if you had to run an addition aura, which one would it be? I don't think the damage increase is essential and a must from Zealtry (excuse my spelling), so I'm thinking of the auras that either boost your elemental resistances or gives you a bonus to energy shield?

Well first off I would not run an additional aura. Defenses from a defensive aura will not make up for the lost effective life from MoM. If I absolutely had to though, Discipline might be nice.

I think around 400 int with passive tree nodes for %ES discipline becomes an effective life neutral aura(just moving it to ES instead of mana... which would increase how much ES is leeched per second) with the faster recharge bonus, and more int would make it better

would need to play around in POB/with the aura to confirm as I only went off what it did it to my ES when someone came in for trading
"
"
SerialSnowfox wrote:
So I've been loving this, but I haven't update my gear in probably 15 levels. I've found some nice things, but every one of them is either trading a bunch of defense for damage, or a bunch of damage for defense. Ming's Heart for instance, 20% of physical as Chaos seems great, but dropping health and shield for it...

Other than replacing Tabula Rasa with a real 6L with ES/Life/Resists, and probably the gloves. What's the priority?

Right now my shield is very hard to replace because of all the resists loaded on it. If I had a real chest I could probably switch to a crit/spell damage shield I have.

I've got maybe 50 chaos give or take to spend.

Edit: I've since started using a 5L I found on the ground instead of the Tabula. It ended up with 430 base energy shield, which seems pretty decent. Drops the Ire damage from losing a 6L but the extra stats might make up for it? Then replaced the gloves, lost a bunch of shield, but got the spell damage. Trial run using Ming's Heart. It does add significantly to Ire damage, but the lost health and shields sucks as expected. Not having a massively negative Chaos resist might make up for some of that? Not sure I like the new amulet, but I found that many stats on one item, including 72 dex and spell damage kind of funny. I can probably afford to swap out the resist shield for one that has more spell damage and a bunch of spell crit on it, but I would lose the life and a bunch of shield.

Haven't used that setup much so I'm not sure how I like it yet. Seems maybe a little more sturdy, but a little less damage.

You should change up your flask setup. I'm using Ming's Heart+Forbidden Taste as well and it's more than enough for regaining health. A silver flask is a must, great dmg boost. A quicksilver flask is great for dodging/disengaging or just generally clearing faster. You should probably consider a defensive flask as well.

I'll give that a try, thanks.

I was mostly using a couple of those to remove bleeding or poison cause I'm lazy about making flasks and I used to need 2 health 2 mana.
"
Grim0ire wrote:
An update on the dynamics between Blood Rage, Immortal Call, and upgraded Soul of Arakaali:

TL;DR This setup is strong as hell for this build, as it enables us to reliably and very quickly regen back our HP and more importantly our ES while maintaining max frenzy charges through Blood Rage and is a far better choice than Solaris in my view.

For those who aren't familiar with the actual mechanics at play here I'll break it down as best I can.

1) Soul of Arakaali with its first upgrade (requires captured soul of the Jungle Valley spider boss) enables 50% Increased Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently.

2) Blood Rage does damage over time.

3) Immortal Call stops all damage for an instant when it procs.

What this means is that a CWDT-BR-IC setup will always proc Arakaali's recovery effect, bolstering our already significant life and ES regen in a huge way and ultimately making the build even more tanky.

The links must be as follows for this to work:

1--2
---|
4--3

1. CWDT
2. BR
3. IC
4. Whatever (I use enfeeble)

This is a huge deal, because now instead of our ES just being a nice big buffer zone of potential damage taken before our life gets touched, it's more of a legitimate aggressive shield protecting it.

Before, you may screw up and take a huge hit that chunks your ES down to almost nothing, giving you time to react and GTFO to somewhere safe and regen your ES back. Now, with this interaction, you take that huge hit and instead keep DPSing and leeching, regening your ES back so quickly that your health is never in any peril.

As an added important note: I have been running The Sorrow of the Divine (no, seriously!) as a replacement for the suggested basalt flask.

Not only does this flask give us a modest damage boost on activation, but it also drops consecrated ground on use that persists for its duration (can be used tactically during boss fights in conjunction with HF totem to maximize consecrated areas, giving us more damage and survivability), and most importantly gives us Zealot's Oath during its effect.

Having on demand Zealot's Oath is fucking incredible. It further synergizes with the Arakaali recovery mechanic and makes our ES even tankier. Taking the passive point for Zealot's Oath has a large downside, because it effectively means that once our ES is gone our health is far more vulnerable because we have no regen. But with this flask, we don't have that risk. If we ever need our life regen back, we just let the flask drop off.

Overall, Lily's build is amazingly fun and effective and the details I outlined above will serve to increase its effectiveness by a large margin based on my own testing and experience.

This is my first time playing a toon outside of ES, but if the mechanics are anything like ES (correct me if I'm wrong) "recent" will always mean within the time frame of 4 seconds.

Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: Also after visiting the PoE wiki, it states tat the drain from Blood Rage does _not_ proc IC thus hotkeying it only really saves you from recast but in the end you never truly stop damage "recently" making the Pantheon node ineffective.
Last edited by warxtreme on Apr 9, 2019, 11:41:48 AM
"
warxtreme wrote:
This is my first time playing a toon outside of ES, but if the mechanics are anything like ES (correct me if I'm wrong) "recent" will always mean within the time frame of 4 seconds.

Can anyone confirm?

"Recent" in 99% of PoE means in the past four seconds.
Also, a question.

First off, thanks for the build!
First time stepping off of full fledged ES build in 3 years and this is a great introduction to a semi-ES front.

How does EB and MoM work respectively?
I took the ES chest from my main and tacked it onto my Ireish lad, then used Devouring Diadem to enable EB.

Would the MoM take 30% damage from my mana pool AND my ES first before dipping into my health?

Because all things considered if having that extra 2,000 ES as opposed to 800 ES with a Loreweave I'll just stick with Loreweave.

Thanks!
"
warxtreme wrote:
Also, a question.

First off, thanks for the build!
First time stepping off of full fledged ES build in 3 years and this is a great introduction to a semi-ES front.

How does EB and MoM work respectively?
I took the ES chest from my main and tacked it onto my Ireish lad, then used Devouring Diadem to enable EB.

Would the MoM take 30% damage from my mana pool AND my ES first before dipping into my health?

Because all things considered if having that extra 2,000 ES as opposed to 800 ES with a Loreweave I'll just stick with Loreweave.

Thanks!

EB makes ES work on your mana in exactly the same manner it previously worked on your health. If you spend mana on a skill, it is first removed from ES. If you reserve mana, it does not affect the ES. EB+MoM is therefore most often used to reserve 100% of your mana with auras, and then use the ES to reach that golden 70/30 split between life and mana (life and ES in this case).

That said, I don't recommend EB. It's less tanky and doesn't do that much more damage, less than you'd expect. I whole-heartedly recommend using your ES to bolster your life.

Let's say we have a hypothetical scenario where we have 5k life, 2k ES, and 2k mana. This isn't a perfect split, but it's close enough. Those stats are within reach, my level 92 char with very imperfect gear has them.

Without EB, that means you have 2k ES which gets taken first, then 7k life+mana which gets taken afterwards. 9k total effective HP.

With EB, you're not going to reach that. You might get up to 7k or 8k with similar gear. You'll also have to remove Arcane Surge, as spending ES for spells does not count as spending mana for the purposes of proccing it.

You can't make use of mana leech with EB. Not using it means you benefit from life, mana, and ES leech.

ES recharge works better to overall protect you when it protects both life and mana (life+mana is only affected when ES is 0), rather than just acting as your mana.

EDIT: Quick way to understand MoM + EB and no EB mechanics on damage taken:
No EB + MoM = ES > Life 70% + Mana 30%
EB + MoM = Life 70% + ES 30% > Mana (whatever the ES didn't take)
Last edited by Lilyliciously on Apr 9, 2019, 1:25:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info