[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
neludnel wrote:
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
neludnel wrote:
Hi there!
The build is awesome! playing it right now.
But tell me are you sure about conc effect? or is it in build only after upgrading it to 20 quality? how about this gem without quality?

It’s worth it at any quality.

for sure? cause there's no difference in skill description with or without conc effect and PoB tells that total dps with conc less than without

Rory confirming this.

The tooltip shows you the DPS of the little zaps near you that build stages. Those are not AoE damage. Therefore, 54% more area damage does not change the tooltip. The same applies to the "Channeling" portion of the damage in PoB.

The damage upon release, which is the vast bulk of our damage, is AoE damage. The beam width is not increased by increased AoE. The beam circle around you when you release is affected by increased AoE. The zap range is affected by increased AoE, but the zap damage is not affected by increased AoE damage.
An update on the dynamics between Blood Rage, Immortal Call, and upgraded Soul of Arakaali:

TL;DR This setup is strong as hell for this build, as it enables us to reliably and very quickly regen back our HP and more importantly our ES while maintaining max frenzy charges through Blood Rage and is a far better choice than Solaris in my view.

For those who aren't familiar with the actual mechanics at play here I'll break it down as best I can.

1) Soul of Arakaali with its first upgrade (requires captured soul of the Jungle Valley spider boss) enables 50% Increased Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently.

2) Blood Rage does damage over time.

3) Immortal Call stops all damage for an instant when it procs.

What this means is that a CWDT-BR-IC setup will always proc Arakaali's recovery effect, bolstering our already significant life and ES regen in a huge way and ultimately making the build even more tanky.

The links must be as follows for this to work:

1--2
---|
4--3

1. CWDT
2. BR
3. IC
4. Whatever (I use enfeeble)

This is a huge deal, because now instead of our ES just being a nice big buffer zone of potential damage taken before our life gets touched, it's more of a legitimate aggressive shield protecting it.

Before, you may screw up and take a huge hit that chunks your ES down to almost nothing, giving you time to react and GTFO to somewhere safe and regen your ES back. Now, with this interaction, you take that huge hit and instead keep DPSing and leeching, regening your ES back so quickly that your health is never in any peril.

As an added important note: I have been running The Sorrow of the Divine (no, seriously!) as a replacement for the suggested basalt flask.

Not only does this flask give us a modest damage boost on activation, but it also drops consecrated ground on use that persists for its duration (can be used tactically during boss fights in conjunction with HF totem to maximize consecrated areas, giving us more damage and survivability), and most importantly gives us Zealot's Oath during its effect.

Having on demand Zealot's Oath is fucking incredible. It further synergizes with the Arakaali recovery mechanic and makes our ES even tankier. Taking the passive point for Zealot's Oath has a large downside, because it effectively means that once our ES is gone our health is far more vulnerable because we have no regen. But with this flask, we don't have that risk. If we ever need our life regen back, we just let the flask drop off.

Overall, Lily's build is amazingly fun and effective and the details I outlined above will serve to increase its effectiveness by a large margin based on my own testing and experience.
Edited quote that only removes lines, does not edit or add anything but "..." to signify removals!
"
Grim0ire wrote:
An update on the dynamics between Blood Rage, Immortal Call, and upgraded Soul of Arakaali:

What this means is that a CWDT-BR-IC setup will always proc Arakaali's recovery effect, bolstering our already significant life and ES regen in a huge way and ultimately making the build even more tanky.

The links must be as follows for this to work:

1--2
---|
4--3

1. CWDT
2. BR
3. IC
4. Whatever (I use enfeeble)

As an added important note: I have been running The Sorrow of the Divine (no, seriously!) as a replacement for the suggested basalt flask.

Not only does this flask give us a modest damage boost on activation, but it also drops consecrated ground on use that persists for its duration (can be used tactically during boss fights in conjunction with HF totem to maximize consecrated areas, giving us more damage and survivability), and most importantly gives us Zealot's Oath during its effect.

Having on demand Zealot's Oath is fucking incredible. It further synergizes with the Arakaali recovery mechanic and makes our ES even tankier. Taking the passive point for Zealot's Oath has a large downside, because it effectively means that once our ES is gone our health is far more vulnerable because we have no regen. But with this flask, we don't have that risk. If we ever need our life regen back, we just let the flask drop off.

Overall, Lily's build is amazingly fun and effective and the details I outlined above will serve to increase its effectiveness by a large margin based on my own testing and experience.

For the sake of not following a very long and detailed post with another extremely long post, I've removed some of the fantastic information you provided in your post in the quote.

First off: THANK YOU!

This is an interaction I'd completely missed. Real hybridization between life and ES with life taking a priority like this is largely unheard of previously, and I'd obviously missed this particular interaction. After some brief testing, I find that it works exactly as you described. Overall, it improves the feel of the ES remarkably.

My one remark is regarding the requirement of the links. I'm using BR separately from my CWDT setup, and it seemed to work perfectly fine. Is there any particular reason it needs to live in the CWDT, replacing increased duration? Seemed to work just fine as an external buff, but then again I didn't test with it in the CWDT for lack of desire to recolour my sockets..

Regarding Sorrow of the Divine: Yeah, that works! I didn't consider it due to a bad taste for Zealot's Oath being left in my mouth after briefly using Geofri's Sanctuary during levelling.. but of course having it on such a short timer is perfectly palatable, even good! I might add that as an optional flask.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:

My one remark is regarding the requirement of the links. I'm using BR separately from my CWDT setup, and it seemed to work perfectly fine. Is there any particular reason it needs to live in the CWDT, replacing increased duration? Seemed to work just fine as an external buff, but then again I didn't test with it in the CWDT for lack of desire to recolour my sockets..

A self-cast BR will work just fine to proc the mechanic. The main reason I provided the CWDT link setup was to clarify the importance of the order of the links if people choose to use that. Personally I hate having to self-cast BR, it's another button to press that I'd rather not have to think about. :P
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Nahsil wrote:
If I'm using Hatred + Herald of Ice do I really need Call of the Brotherhood?

I am feeling a bit squishy at level 90 so if it's defensively important (I'm SC, but still) then I'll keep it, just wondering if those two can give me the chill/freeze I need.

Could be fine without them. Try it and see how it feels. I’d say speccing out of EB would help you feel more tanky.

Yeah I'm considering that. How do I sustain mana though? And I really like running HOI+HOA+Hatred...

Probably worth it though, my DPS is pretty silly right now.
IGN: SirCritoris
"
Nahsil wrote:
Yeah I'm considering that. How do I sustain mana though? And I really like running HOI+HOA+Hatred...

Probably worth it though, my DPS is pretty silly right now.

I'm having 0 mana sustain issues with just the boot enchant and our natural regeneration.
I have 16% attack/cast speed on recent kill boot enchant atm, gonna be hard to give that up lol, but I'll probably give it a shot and see.
"
Nahsil wrote:
I have 16% attack/cast speed on recent kill boot enchant atm, gonna be hard to give that up lol, but I'll probably give it a shot and see.

Leech enchant is a major boost to our sustain, I highly recommend it!
Are you using MoM though? It seems pretty difficult to keep up with MoM...

I've got a warlords mark ring as well, but my mana drops to 0 pretty often.
Last edited by Nahsil on Apr 5, 2019, 4:58:04 PM
"
Nahsil wrote:
Are you using MoM though? It seems pretty difficult to keep up with MoM...

I've got a warlords mark ring as well, but my mana drops to 0 pretty often.

I'm not using warlord's mark. I am using MoM. I'm not using EB. I can't remember the last time I had mana issues.

What's your life and mana at? Are you using EB?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info