[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Lilyliciously wrote:

Just in case someone else finds this and has the same question, the ES regen from our ascendancy is quite potent on its own. At 2.3k ish ES, I was regenning as much as it was taking away. A small bit of ES leech (a single point on the tree) regens it beyond that after we take hits.

The point isn't a huge deal. I think it helps a tiny bit in sustaining our ES, but I'm not sure how noticeable it is. Might be placebo effect. I should try regretting it back and forth a few times to be sure on how good it is.

I just got the point. It makes a world of difference. Before Blood Rage always outdmged the shield regen. Now I can actually gain it back.

I cannot reiterate enough how HUGE a deal this one point of ES leech is in making our large pool of ES effective in combination with Blood Rage. Without it, -%regen maps are a huge pain in the ass and with it, you do not even notice them. It's a make or break node if you are using the non-EB version of this build and stacking significant ES.

The build is great so far Lily. Thank you for the guide and all your work in theorycrafting it so thoroughly. I love being a Super Saiyan Inquisitor, blowing up maps with Kamehamehas.
"
Grim0ire wrote:
I cannot reiterate enough how HUGE a deal this one point of ES leech is in making our large pool of ES effective in combination with Blood Rage. Without it, -%regen maps are a huge pain in the ass and with it, you do not even notice them. It's a make or break node if you are using the non-EB version of this build and stacking significant ES.

The build is great so far Lily. Thank you for the guide and all your work in theorycrafting it so thoroughly. I love being a Super Saiyan Inquisitor, blowing up maps with Kamehamehas.

I added a second note in the passive tree section to highlight that node, since it's so crucial yet hard to spot.

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you're enjoying the build.
I feel very squishy when the node Mind over Matter triggers, don't we need mana leech or something similar?

I am new to MoM but everytime I die, I got one shot or mana was completely drained and then one shot.

Above all else, I really like this build and I clear maps really fast! Don't have enough currency yet for good items, but it works for t15 maps atm.
Any tips??
"
kimimarux wrote:
I feel very squishy when the node Mind over Matter triggers, don't we need mana leech or something similar?

I am new to MoM but everytime I die, I got one shot or mana was completely drained and then one shot.

Above all else, I really like this build and I clear maps really fast! Don't have enough currency yet for good items, but it works for t15 maps atm.
Any tips??

The boot enchant grants both life and mana leech. MoM triggers every time you take damage though. As long as you have a 70/30 ratio between life and mana, it's just a pure and simple 30% increase to your maximum life. If you're at that ratio, then if you die with it, you'd have died without it.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Silverserpent wrote:
I'm still not sure why we need two call of the brotherhood rings. what does the second ring add?

Also, as I understand it, we need both the hypothermia support gem and the call of the brotherhood ring to freeze enemies. Is this correct?

We want to convert to cold damage both because of the extra damage we get from sources like "Elemental damage as extra chaos" and "Non-chaos as extra chaos", and to increase the proportion of our damage that is cold. The more cold damage we do, the more we freeze high level enemies.

Hypothermia is not necessary to freeze enemies. It simply helps a bit. It is primarily in the link because it gives 39% more damage to chilled enemies, which is just about every enemy in the game (after they get hit by at least one tick of the AoE around us while channeling, or any beam). The bulk of our freezing comes from just the cold conversion.

Ok, so now I get how the more cold dmg we do the better we are at freezing enemies.

But how does converting our damage from lightning to cold give us more damage? You said it would affect "elemental damage/non-chaos as extra chaos". Since lightning is both elemental and non-chaos damage already; converting it to cold shouldn't change anything? Or do we somehow get to double dip on the dmg conversion?

Thanks for the reply btw.
"
Silverserpent wrote:
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Silverserpent wrote:
I'm still not sure why we need two call of the brotherhood rings. what does the second ring add?

But how does converting our damage from lightning to cold give us more damage? You said it would affect "elemental damage/non-chaos as extra chaos". Since lightning is both elemental and non-chaos damage already; converting it to cold shouldn't change anything? Or do we somehow get to double dip on the dmg conversion?

2nd ring just converts more to cold for higher chance to freeze things... especially bosses

and for the extra damage is due to how POE does its damage conversion calculations

say you have 10% ele dmg as extra chaos and you do 100 lightning damage which you convert to cold completely, you would be adding 20 extra chaos damage... assuming I even understand it right :/
Last edited by dorkdude2 on Apr 3, 2019, 8:34:54 PM
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Grim0ire wrote:

I added a second note in the passive tree section to highlight that node, since it's so crucial yet hard to spot.

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

Awesome, it's a good note to emphasize. That said, I'm starting to think that Blood Rage is more of a liability than it is worth. I've transitioned into red maps, with 4k life, 1.5k unreserved mana, and 2.6k ES at level 78. I have all 4 Ascendancies, 2 CotB rings, and pretty decent gear otherwise. I've transitioned out of Ele Overload and my damage seems to be more than sufficient currently and will obviously only get better as I stack more crit chance/multi. However, I feel like the frenzy charge generation simply doesn't outweigh the constant drain on ES/HP that Blood Rage applies. One of the stronger defensive layers this build has is strong HP/Mana/ES regen and BR effectively negates a large amount of that. I'm going to look into other options for boosting dps and/or generating frenzy charges that don't take such a huge toll on our regen. If you or anyone else has any suggestions they would be welcomed. Thanks again for the guide and all your work!

EDIT: Upon further reflection, I realized that this build could potentially benefit greatly from the interaction that exists between the Soul of Arakaali pantheon upgrade that buffs Life and ES recovery rate by 50% when you stop taking dmg over time recently and a CWDT-IC setup proccing during BR. I can't believe I had forgotten about such a powerful mechanic. I now think that continuing to use BR with the aforementioned setup will not only solve the degen being a hindrance but will be a huge overall boost in survivability for this build, one that is well worth the loss of the Solaris Pantheon. I've just captured the required soul and I will be doing extensive testing tonight as I progress through red maps. Will update on situation in a later post.
Last edited by Grim0ire on Apr 3, 2019, 10:16:45 PM
Just a PSA for anyone else going EB,
Will give you 4 Auras (HoA, HoI, Hatred, Zealotry) with 100% Mana reserved as long as you complete the mana reservation nodes under Zealot's Oath

Edit: AND save you 2 points
Last edited by RhydonMyCubone on Apr 3, 2019, 10:04:20 PM
Hi Lily.

I saw your comment on the energy shield leech node and checked that I have it.

However, I double checked the entire passive tree you have and noticed you removed 2 points leading up from Arcanists Dominion, one point being Elemental Damage and the other Lightning Walker.

I can't seem to find where these points were allocated, as it's the only two I had that have now been changed on my skill tree, the rest of your points are identical to mine.

IA also noticed that you have 1 skill point remaining while I now have 2 points.

Hope you can help.
"
Silverserpent wrote:
Ok, so now I get how the more cold dmg we do the better we are at freezing enemies.

This has already been answered by someone, but I just wanted to do it too to make it super clear:

Damage conversion double dips in some instances, mostly when dealing with non-chaos/elemental damage as extra chaos damage.

Let's say we have 5% non chaos added as extra chaos, and 100 physical damage.

We now have 100 phys, 5 chaos. The phys gets converted to 129 lightning (phys to lightning support adds an extra 29%).

The non-chaos as chaos gets applied again. We now have 129 lightning and 5 +(129*0.05) = 11.45 chaos.

Converting 40% of the lightning to cold would add another 2.58 chaos. Converting 80% gives us 5.16.

In reality, the numbers are much higher, but you can see how the second ring increases our damage significantly in situations where we have non-chaos or elemental damage as extra chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info