3.4 Holy Shepherd-Dominating Blow+HoP-Shaper&Uber Atziri down (Videos)

This is my current setup.

Weapon 1: Stone Golem, Convocation, Holy Relic
Weapon 2: Whirling Blades, Fort, FA
Helm(+2 to minion skills Bone helm): Animate Guardian, Raise Spectre, Minion Life, Blood Magic
Gloves: CWDT, IC, Inc Duration, Flesh Offering
Boots: HoP, Vuln, Blasphemy, lvl 3 Empower
+2 socketed skills Unset Ring: Rejuv Totem <---this is here because w/o Haste I need a way to trigger the DMG boost from Acendancy. It also gives my minions some extra life regen.
In passive tree I have 8x "Minion's deal x to x additional Phys + Minions have x% increased Attacck/Cast Speed" Gems

This set up isn't for pushing dmg as much as possible, but allowing me to be as lazy as possible while stacking significant passive dmg boosts(AG auras, frenzy charges from spectre, flesh offering, lvl 22 vuln, etc.)
Last edited by sehrverrueckt on Oct 6, 2018, 7:59:31 PM
Currently, I am testing the idea of implementing Chaber Cairn to the setup.
What I want to achieve is:

- lv27 Dominating blow (with Empower4)
- 2x6L Dominating Blow and HoP

My toys:

Here is my test run on Minotaur map (right now only lv25 od Dom Blow)
I forgot to change my empower to melee splash for map clearing :) but the idea was to check dps on boss.

For now the biggest issue is movement skill. It really sucks with such a slow weapon. Maybe phrase run next time...

I want to test this setup on elder (red) and maybe shaper. We will see.

VIDEO
Minotaur test (Chaber Cairn): https://youtu.be/dTsNx6znNwo

Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 7, 2018, 2:30:25 AM
"
kilgorek wrote:
For now the biggest issue is movement skill.
It really sucks with such a slow weapon.
Maybe phrase run next time...

May be gloves with "16% more attack speed" with an essence of insanity ?
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
"
kilgorek wrote:

My toys:

I forgot to change my empower to melee splash for map clearing :) but the idea was to check dps on boss.

For now the biggest issue is movement skill. It really sucks with such a slow weapon. Maybe phrase run next time...

VIDEO

I was trying to find any info on the level scaling for Dominating blow, did you have any available I couldn't rly find any.

Also would Atziri's Disfavour work you would end up one level lower for Dominating blow but it does scale all supports with +2 and has nice damage.

Thx btw, Love what your doing whit the build.
"

I was trying to find any info on the level scaling for Dominating blow, did you have any available I couldn't rly find any.

Also would Atziri's Disfavour work you would end up one level lower for Dominating blow but it does scale all supports with +2 and has nice damage.

Thx btw, Love what your doing whit the build.

Thx for the suggestions and kind words. I have also decided to change my headpiece. The plan is to run +2 helmet with spectres and animate guardian.
It should help with attack speed and dmg.

Attack speed gloves are also very good idea thx @titides

Phase run 20/20 with Increased duration is a very interesting skill. Testing this setup right now.

I'll keep you updated.

"
kilgorek wrote:

My toys:

VIDEO

It seems the damage is considerably better than before
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
Killed Shaper with Smite, HoP, and specters so decided to switch it to dominating Blow and see how it went. Went full phys with Brutality and it was much stronger. Killed everything short of uber elder, and managed to get half way through the fight. The DPS is definitely there, would need to work on survivability more.

Built the character to actually do damage with the minions instead of totally relying on them. Also helped that fossil crafting allowed me to make this:

Character is Randaar in my profile. I went with staff because it allowed me to use the staff nodes near templar and get decent block with Bastion of Hope, used Hegemony's Era until I could craft the staff im using now.
Last edited by jackal917 on Oct 7, 2018, 1:10:56 PM
Interesting concept. I assume that lots of your dps comes from your totem.

Why you skip on abyssal jewels?

gj with the build i used first Pohx guidelines until i found this one. 8.2k life + i got this shield for 30c :D

+40 to maximum Life
--------
+41 to Strength
+103 to maximum Life
5% increased maximum Life
15% chance to Avoid being Stunned
0.7% of Life Regenerated per second
Adds 4 to 6 Physical Damage to Attacks

+ i got a question - i just dropped grip of the council - is anyone using it ?
"
kilgorek wrote:
Interesting concept. I assume that lots of your dps comes from your totem.

Why you skip on abyssal jewels?

Totem only does around 100k damage and gives my character around 50k damage. Most of my characters damage comes from crit chance/multi. I didn't use strictly abyssal jewels because the minions already do very good damage and alot of the abyssal jewel affixes don't help the characters damage.

not sure how to do the Uber elder fight. This character wants to stand toe to toe with the enemy to generate minions, but that doesn't work to well in this fight. Mulitstrike was also a problem because the animation locks you in place for to long.

link to PoB if you want
https://pastebin.com/kxjF5RKE
Last edited by jackal917 on Oct 7, 2018, 8:07:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info