3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Rwings wrote:
"
dronedoom wrote:
am I missing something? why take lord of the dead when it doesnt work with totems?

Spiritual Aid by Ancestral Bond makes it so any minion damage modifier applies to you as well. So Lord of the Dead is useless unless you have Spiritual Aid. Though most totem builds these days run Spiritual Aid.

You are right! Was a mistake. As soon as i am at home i will theorycraft and change it.
Last edited by Bourgee on Dec 5, 2018, 9:36:03 AM
Glad you are going to update it. Totaly stick with this one on start. :)
With the new multi totem support gem , I can get up to 6 totems right?

+1 Standard Totem
+2 Gem
+1 Ancestral Bond
+1 New Shield Mod (unveiled)
+1 Hierophant
------------------------
= 6 Arc Totems

I will also be able to place 3 totems at once, which means I have to cast twice to get my 6 totems up.

Isn't that really good? 6 Totems also give 18% more damage while we are losing around 21% dmg with the multitotem sup gem. So overall it equals out pretty much. Of course we lose one gem slot but are getting 6 totems in 2 casts.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Dec 5, 2018, 12:13:52 PM
"
KikosLive wrote:

+1 Standard Totem
+2 Gem
+1 Ancestral Bond
+1 Soul Mantle
------------------------
= 6 Arc Totems

I will also be able to place 3 totems at once, which means I have to cast twice to get my 6 totems up.

Isn't that really good? 6 Totems also give 18% more damage while we are losing around 21% dmg with the multitotem sup gem. So overall it equals out pretty much. Of course we lose one gem slot but are getting 6 totems in 2 casts.

Soul Mantle is a huge investment though, since you lose 2 ring slots for kikazarus (but gain inc 120% dmg with self flagelation) so not sure about that one ( I am noob when it comes to totem builds ).

what about Persuit of Faith ? It also grants +1 Totems
"
Arrensen wrote:
"
KikosLive wrote:

+1 Standard Totem
+2 Gem
+1 Ancestral Bond
+1 Soul Mantle
------------------------
= 6 Arc Totems

Soul Mantle is a huge investment though, since you lose 2 ring slots for kikazarus (but gain inc 120% dmg with self flagelation) so not sure about that one ( I am noob when it comes to totem builds ).

what about Persuit of Faith ? It also grants +1 Totems

Oh you are right, I thought they took both totems from hierophant, ok let me change the equation then.
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Just a small question.
Do you think only 1 ascendancy node for totem duration is enough?
Thank you!
"
zzshini wrote:
Just a small question.
Do you think only 1 ascendancy node for totem duration is enough?
Thank you!

The duration is definetly enough cause we gonna 1shot packs and at high tier bosses you want to respawn them from time to time cause we get charges from the ascendency when we spawn totems.
Waiting you update the tree for the new 3.5 tree with new totems nodes
There isn't new totem nodes? The build is the same as before, you just have to find/craft a +1 totem shield.
Looks like we getting off 1 less totem from tree, but can get it from shield instead. Just pity, that cannot use a dual wands. Summon 2 totems will be nice QoL + faster map clearing. Ppl ofc will complain that we lost dps etc etc, but to be honest, you just need fight shaper/elder a little longer than previous... And, little safer if we using shield.
Soul Mantle version will be the max dps, while veiled shield is more tanky.

I've made a fast 90lv check, and dps with 3 totems, still makes T15 easy, I hasn't optimal item setup, but its still work. Pity, that Indigon get nerfed by half, but I think it can be still nice to use with Lavianga's Spirit - for bosses, you're literary 'charging up' your totems. And, 7eHP is always nice, isn't it?

AHA! - and in replay to question few pages before - are Shimmeron is stil viable: as single wand, its still ok, with dual its takes too much mana regen out, and totally block hp regen, even if did some investments + stone golem. My opinion, its still solid mid-game (yellow maps, even red) wand, while you will work up with your gear. Plus, it will be still quite cheap.

I've tested on Arc + SP + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Faster Casting + incCrit/CritMulti/AddLigh.
Cuz, we can now spawn 2 totems, FasterCast can be easy dropped, especially if roll some cast on gloves and wand. Shapper +1% crit for spells would be awesome, so you end with setup: Arc + SP + Controlled Destruction + Elemental Focus + Added Lighting + Crit Multi - and I think that will be fair enough to contest endgame easily. Especially, with Wise Oak - 31% pene in-build.

Gear

Passives

https://poeplanner.com/AA8AAPcADyUBAHj53U8EQ8hboKdVfA5o8vAfogAEs8Bmrv_VpoKbMPg62CcvkFUaOFnzZlRyD5RvcYVXKUbXZp4WQIV9WivDE6Py-tIWb-NqJKo26UVHMtHr7oUyly1JT7yqmuBFnVNSHNyPGnyDES0snAVCQZbQ9a6zTLPQH-_rOw0RD9teUDB-r40Z4BLZX92MvOpqQwj0bRn-s2obIvRsC5MnvoqhL1M1UEKMNlVLYeImlYnTcFIqC13yKwoRL-OEDdFjQxvIz93xijY9napsjGKsOlhVxoPbHRSOZPemtvoEB-vkXyoqE2haBFE6FoaCWG1kMysmA5oAAAAAAA==

Last edited by _Aldheart_ on Dec 5, 2018, 4:05:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info