3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
NorrisTBK wrote:
No more scion wheel? Can this build still be use in HC ??

in hc you want to drop the lightning nodes at the top and top right and go for the sion wheel.
"
Bourgee wrote:
"
Spazmeister wrote:
Are you ready with an update for the PoB or are you still waiting for the gems to be revealed?

POB is updated. New Gem will not be good in any szenario so i don't need to wait until lvl 20 gems.

I'm confused, how is it not worth it? At level 20, they only decrease totem damage by 20%, but summon 2 extra totems, while also allowing you to summon 2 totems at once instead of 1. Is it really not worth a gem slot for the other things you'd have to trade out?
Hi there. Preparing for Betrayal, and looking at your build.

Just a tought: for ascendency, why not use Arcane Blessing? This frees up the manual use of Conductivity to proc Arcane Surge.
"
Bourgee wrote:

we will still have 4 totems so the same amount as in 3.4.

can someone please explain this to me. You can summon one totem at a time, add a second from Ancestral Bond, and a third from Pursuit of Faith. Where is the 4th totem coming from?

How does this compare to Arc Trapper or Arc Miner?
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Dec 5, 2018, 8:47:33 PM
"
Gilderoy wrote:
"
Bourgee wrote:
"
Spazmeister wrote:
Are you ready with an update for the PoB or are you still waiting for the gems to be revealed?

POB is updated. New Gem will not be good in any szenario so i don't need to wait until lvl 20 gems.

I'm confused, how is it not worth it? At level 20, they only decrease totem damage by 20%, but summon 2 extra totems, while also allowing you to summon 2 totems at once instead of 1. Is it really not worth a gem slot for the other things you'd have to trade out?

Quick Math: 4 Totems 400% dmg - 1 support gem = 320% dmg - 4 * 20 from gem= 240% dmg * 1,5 (cause 6 totems) = 360% dmg. so 6 totems with new supp would be 10% less dmg per totem.
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
"
Bourgee wrote:

we will still have 4 totems so the same amount as in 3.4.

can someone please explain this to me. You can summon one totem at a time, add a second from Ancestral Bond, and a third from Pursuit of Faith. Where is the 4th totem coming from?

How does this compare to Arc Trapper or Arc Miner?

we get a shield with +1 totems from new veiled mods.
you can also get an extra totem from soul mantle
"
you can also get an extra totem from soul mantle

i don't recommend using soul mantle in any chase. it has to many downsides
"
Bourgee wrote:
Quick Math: 4 Totems 400% dmg - 1 support gem = 320% dmg - 4 * 20 from gem= 240% dmg * 1,5 (cause 6 totems) = 360% dmg. so 6 totems with new supp would be 10% less dmg per totem.

Could you give a more in-depth explanation to where you get that 1 support removal is 80% reduction in overall damage? Also you seem to be missing the change to the ascendancy node Ritual of Awakening that gives +3% damage per totem.

Based on the PoB you linked, removing the Increased Critical Strikes support gem is the lowest impact on DPS. PoB shows about 692k DPS with Increased Critical, 625k without which is a change of about 10%.
"
insane103 wrote:
"
Bourgee wrote:

Could you give a more in-depth explanation to where you get that 1 support removal is 80% reduction in overall damage? Also you seem to be missing the change to the ascendancy node Ritual of Awakening that gives +3% damage per totem.

Based on the PoB you linked, removing the Increased Critical Strikes support gem is the lowest impact on DPS. PoB shows about 692k DPS with Increased Critical, 625k without which is a change of about 10%.

4 Totems each deals 100% dmg. so you get 400%. if you lose 1 supp gem you lose about 20%. so you go from 4x100% to 4x80%. that's 320%. with ritual of awakening you will get 6% extra you are right. but it's still less dmg than. cause 6% < 40% :D and inc. crit strikes is 19% dmg. even if you do the math with 19% you will have 4x81 = 324% - 4*20 from the new gem = 244% * 1.5 = 366% + 2x 3% = 372% instead of 400%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info