[3.4] BeJust's Overlord of Purity (a melee summoner with Smite) WIP

just hit 85. Having fun with this build. Not the fastest clearspeed but still feels nice. Got lucky Inpulsa drop and easy 5l so testing it out. Rares are pretty bad and few upgrades are available still.
Spoiler
what gear for Animated Gusrdian?
"
pewdie wrote:
"
MrHusker wrote:
To everyone having issues with clearspeed and boss killing. Just try out consecrated path + facebreakerer and dancing duo/dervish easily 150kk+ exp per hour and kills bosses in a sec.
One more time - this is the way to go!

I guess, I was looking at the upgraded version.

I will try to play around, I think your version is better with consecrated path, but I am afraid that even that version will be weak in comparison to other builds.

Is it worth playing around with the build, or should I reroll ?

I recently switched over to dancing dervish/facebreaker and have been having a jolly time. ZiggyD just released a video about pretty much this exact setup you're seeking, and he's been enjoying it, although noting that there's still plenty of room for refinement. But his clearspeed is looking solid enough. More importantly, imo, the feel of the build seems to capture a lot of good feelings while playing even if it might not be de facto 'the best'.

I know I'll definitely be pursuing some variant of this concept.
Why are people putting Violent Dead in Jewel nodes with only 30 intelligence? The Jewel says it needs 40 intelligence to fully activate. Are people using it just for the % minion damage?
Inspired by ZiggyD? Im runing something similar but using two Oni Goroshis. One for smite and second for single targets with blade flurry.

My tree is similar but kinda around Goroshi.
Hi, just a quick question:

Do the Minions get crit from the power charges even with resolute technique?
MrHusker,any particular reason you're using herald of purity linked with zombies? seems like a waste of a link. Is it because you have no place to put it?

Also why do you use Ancestral Warchief?
Last edited by pewdie on Sep 3, 2018, 9:22:42 AM
what gear for Animated Guardian?
I don't really get all the negativity in some of the latest posts... I'm playing this build (or something pretty similar) in SSF SC Delve and I have no problems so far - with gear that is pretty bad...

Concerning survivability:
I'm running Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark in addition to Wrath and HoP. This does cost us 4 skillpoints (Souvereignity for -14% mana reserved), but the leech + stun + end. charges is well worth it. Once I get my enlighten (lucky SSF drop) to lvl 2, I will be able to drop the Conquerers Efficency - 60-80 unreserved mana is more than enough with the mana leech of Warlords Mark. Having a little bit of block (I'm using a shield) and Fortify with Shield Charge does help a lot as well.

DPS:
My gear is still pretty shitty (mostly mediocre rares with some life and some resists), I haven't done Uber-Lab, I use no uniques but Atziri's promise (which I got myself) and did all content up to T6 maps without any problems in a 4L. 1-2 hits with smite kills most of the mobs, the minions take care of the rest while I shield charge into the next group - Vaal Summon Skeletons melts bosses like ice cream on a hot day...

Just got my 5L and found a fitting gem setup (since sockets are scarce on this build):
5L smite + supports, HoP in 6th socket
4L: Wrath, Blasphemy, Warlord, Enlighten
4L: Zombie, Minion Damage, Maim, Melee Phys
4L: Flame Golem (once I get good uniques I will switch to Animated Guardian), Minion Life, Blood Magic, Spectre (1 Frenzy Charge Ape and 1 Power Charge Ape, since the Power Charges work well for the minions)
3L: Shield Charge, FA, Fortify
3L: Convocation, Holy Relic, Vaal Skeletons

Skill Tree at lvl 83: http://poeurl.com/b354

Cheers!

Last edited by BVB_1909 on Sep 3, 2018, 11:50:20 AM
"
pewdie wrote:
MrHusker,any particular reason you're using herald of purity linked with zombies? seems like a waste of a link. Is it because you have no place to put it?

Also why do you use Ancestral Warchief?

I linked it with zombies cuz both of them benifit from minion damage and speed.

Ancestral Warchief is for melee damage buff for bosses, but i think its better to use Ancestral Protector for AS buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info