[3.4] BeJust's Overlord of Purity (a melee summoner with Smite) WIP

Why no elemental overload?
Ele overload means one cannot crit with lightning damage and therefore cannot apply shock. We want to use the elemental damage on the minions to apply various elemental ailments thus increasing our own effective damage output.
To everyone having issues with clearspeed and boss killing. Just try out consecrated path + facebreakerer and dancing duo/dervish easily 150kk+ exp per hour and kills bosses in a sec.
One more time - this is the way to go!
But we use Resolute Technique so about what critical strikes do you talking about? I have like 17% chance to apply shock from Smite and like 20% chance to shock from Sentinels without any critical strikes
"
pewdie wrote:
Same, level 73 here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrHusker/characters

You can see on MrHusker his build that's similar to this, was thinking to try it but.. it's very expensive.

Seems at least to be a better build than the one posted here.

Expensive? How so?
The only thing you need is dancing dervish (1c) and facebreaker (like 5c if I remember that right) and every other slot is up to you to fill resists/life. A bit later on, you can try to get flat phys, but it's not necessary.
"
Brasolis wrote:
I'm trying as hard as I can to like this build, but it honestly just feels like shit compared to other builds at a way lower price point. Just hitting 80 where I would usually be 90+ and in red maps EASILY on other builds.

Spectres do basically nothing other than buff your zombies, and zombies themselves are garbage even with two thresholds and mon'tregul's.

Playing this build is basically nerfing the shit out of yourself so you can have some mediocre minions. Massively upset I started the league with this.

Couldn't agree more. I gave it a good shot, but this is shit ( Smite OR Dom blow) vs any number of builds.

"
Tradgikly wrote:
Ele overload means one cannot crit with lightning damage and therefore cannot apply shock. We want to use the elemental damage on the minions to apply various elemental ailments thus increasing our own effective damage output.

But uh, had to point out this is false. You can shock with " chance to shock". Either way, doesnt matter a lot ele overload or not, any number of builds clear 2x ( or more) faster.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 3, 2018, 12:30:55 AM
"
MrHusker wrote:
"
pewdie wrote:
Same, level 73 here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrHusker/characters

You can see on MrHusker his build that's similar to this, was thinking to try it but.. it's very expensive.

Seems at least to be a better build than the one posted here.

Expensive? How so?
The only thing you need is dancing dervish (1c) and facebreaker (like 5c if I remember that right) and every other slot is up to you to fill resists/life. A bit later on, you can try to get flat phys, but it's not necessary.

What do you think about herald of purity setup in chest and consecrated ground in 4l ?

How does 2 holy relics works btw ? does it stack the regen hp buff ?
Last edited by reeld on Sep 3, 2018, 12:55:40 AM
Have you considered removing 4 of your jewels and replacing them with:
- 1 Anima stone
- 1 primordial might
- 2 primordial harmoneys

and add 3 fire golems in your minion aresenal
Was fun to level with, but now it really feels lackluster on higher level.
reduction of incoming damage / defense mechanic is nonexistant. You just get one big hit and basically are in the low hp zone already.
spectres dont die, but are pretty ass and don't do much. Zombies seem kinda more like a meatshield than doing a lot.
Sitting on ~6k hp & it just feels like everything goes through me like paper and I played builds successfully with way less life which could just outweigh it by damage or defense mechanics, this cannot either.
Gonna try to play around for a bit and maybe work minions into bigger links, maybe that improves the experience. So far the only pleasant thing was the leveling experience compared to the majority of builds I've played.
"
MrHusker wrote:
To everyone having issues with clearspeed and boss killing. Just try out consecrated path + facebreakerer and dancing duo/dervish easily 150kk+ exp per hour and kills bosses in a sec.
One more time - this is the way to go!

I guess, I was looking at the upgraded version.

I will try to play around, I think your version is better with consecrated path, but I am afraid that even that version will be weak in comparison to other builds.

Is it worth playing around with the build, or should I reroll ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info