[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

Infused Channeling instead of Controlled Destruction?
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Infused Channeling instead of Controlled Destruction?

Very likely from what the gem says so far, I want to see it in PoB and also do a quick test on a standard character before I say more. Looks very promising though!
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
Last edited by Cellstorm on Mar 7, 2019, 4:20:06 AM
Yeah... We lose the support to VD though. Not sure if that's good because I don't know how much of the damage comes from VD running high tier content.
Will you update this build in PoB?
Hi cellstorm, thanks for this build, Been a long time since i went for 36 challenges done, even thou needed to buy some challenges wink wink,
Will be starting this build again. thanks again.
"
Cellstorm wrote:
"
This build seems super fun! Planning on trying this out as my league starter in hardcore, Chieftain seems really tanky and I like its synergy with fire. Thoughts on using the newly buffed fireball for leveling and using incinerate CWC fireball once able? Also curious how you'll change some pathing and what will be sacrificed for some of the new channeling nodes!

Fairly new to build tweaking and build creation so feel free to shoot me down immediately, just curious, thanks!

Updated skill tree is now on the front page of the guide and also in the PoB link. This is subject to change over time though of course.

As for fireball, it should work okay, but it wouldn't be anything I would try. Let me explain my train of thought here.

Fireball is indeed looking utterly fantastic, I mean, it's super strong right now pre 3.6 so in the new league it could be legit crazy damage. But one of the main things to do with fireball is to scale the initial hit of the fireball in order to maximise the ignite DoT you get from it. This is a proven method of clearing all content in the game.

My chieftain set up doesn't pay any attention at all to ignite scaling (elementalist does that better in all ways from what I've tested in PoB) so I would have to fundamentally change the build, into what would essentially be a different build in order to achieve anything viable from this.

If you chose to ignore the ignite of fireball then it would perform as an untargeted single projectile. This would cause a ton of problems or other things you would need to change in order to overcome. Also, with the changes to crit base and what may be a required change from controlled destruction to elemental focus to keep elemental overload active then this build would end up in a position where you can't inflict ignites anyway.

The very best way to utilise fireball would be with a dedicated fireball caster, but that is indeed something I'm thinking about for later in the league!

Any reason not to take the Arcane guarding nodes instead of the witch starting area spell damage nodes? More spell damage plus other stats assuming you have a shield equipped
Also would Ele focus prevent Tawhoa, forest's strength from generating enough endurance charges?
Or would the "burning" effect from herald of ash be plenty to keep your charges maxed?

Love the build by the way - this'll be my second time running it
"
Zooop wrote:
Also would Ele focus prevent Tawhoa, forest's strength from generating enough endurance charges?
Or would the "burning" effect from herald of ash be plenty to keep your charges maxed?

Love the build by the way - this'll be my second time running it

Nice catch, I put those points into few other builds already and will add them. Head is spinning from all the new skills and so on right now!

Also the HoA does indeed keep us completely full on endurance charges, just ran a red map to test and no problems at all. Still have the Enduring cry for bosses without adds too so plenty of charges all around as always!
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
Ahh you're the best. Had one more thought about Ele focus - it's gonna prevent combustion from doing its: "Enemies Ignited by Supported Skills have -(10-19)% to Fire Resistance" effect.
How do you feel about immolate or empower?
PoB says that crit using Controlled Destruction goes from 5.0% to 4.6% on Incinerate and 3.6% on VD, still good enough.

Maybe a full Incinerate approach can be used instead of supporting VD, the new Infused Channeling gem is a beast. Of course that would require to scale ignite, but it's a possibility.

Volatile Dead is my favorite skill, so I'll be going with that. Will let you guys know how it's working out when the league starts, thanks for the guide and have fun ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info