[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

Thanks for the guide.

Been following it best I can, some of the build links are out of date (3.3) and I don't use PoB.

One think I can't seem to live without though is multi-strike. Without it it just seems slow and the moment to engage mobs and start leeching then becomes an issue. Is this a problem for others?

I'm gonna switch over to juggernaut for the ease of Endurance charge generation. I'll also see if that helps my feel of the speed.
"
Chrom wrote:
Thanks for the guide.

Been following it best I can, some of the build links are out of date (3.3) and I don't use PoB.

One think I can't seem to live without though is multi-strike. Without it it just seems slow and the moment to engage mobs and start leeching then becomes an issue. Is this a problem for others?

I'm gonna switch over to juggernaut for the ease of Endurance charge generation. I'll also see if that helps my feel of the speed.

I don't use multistrike because of the locking mechanics. It is even worse with Nebuloch because of its low AS. I didn't have Mana problems. What's your level? Usually, one MS hit is enough to kill a whole monster pack so maybe I didn't notice that there are Mana issues.

I will update links as soon as possible.
"
Chrom wrote:
Thanks for the guide.

I'm just extremely surprised you're even relying on leech at all. I have yet to encounter anything that can even hit me to lower than 70% of my life, which regen picks up in no time.

Multistrike is not so good for a few reasons.
First of all, as pointed out by FJ, it locks you in place and annoyingly so in many cases. One swing will be enough to wipe an entire pack if you use Ancestral Call and Melee Splash in your mapping setup.
Another reason is that it's not a better damage support than many others. It's ranked at #9 of support gems for Molten Strike. It doubles your attacks per second, but also at the cost of 30% damage on both melee and molten ball hits.

For example: In my setup I use Molten Strike -> Elemental Damage with Attacks -> Damage on Full life -> Concentrated Effect -> Combustion -> Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.

If I swapped the last gem for a Multistrike, the melee hit DPS would go from 552k to 543k, slightly lower, and the molten balls DPS would go from 608k to 304k, literally half. Now, you do hit twice as fast, roughly speaking, with Multistrike, it evens out on the balls aspect, but it's still not a better support gem and locks you in place all the time.

The reason other Molten Strike builds out there use Multistrike is because they use Life on Hit rings for sustain. Life on Hit is amazing with fast hits, so Multistrike is a natural fit. This build doesn't do that, it doesn't need it.

If you'd like to use PoB sometime, you could check out my current plan for my take (Juggernaut) on the build: https://pastebin.com/EhRwJBjx
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Chrom wrote:
Thanks for the guide.

I don't use multistrike because of the locking mechanics. It is even worse with Nebuloch because of its low AS. I didn't have Mana problems. What's your level? Usually, one MS hit is enough to kill a whole monster pack so maybe I didn't notice that there are Mana issues.

I will update links as soon as possible.

I haven't had any mana issues either yet with this build. Whenever you're hitting something, the leech is more than plenty to keep you topped off at all times and Rallying Cry's flat mana regen makes sure we always have mana for at least one attack, which then procs leech and keeps us up at all times. The cry also makes it possible to spam Leap Slams for movement. The alternative is Blood Magic, as described in your guide.

there are several potental upgrades for this build, maybe consider including them in the guide. Tombfists I think should be auto-included due to the 10% more damage from intimidate and the abyssal jewels allow you to change resists around easily, two 49 hp abyss jewels and 6% life on the gloves is better then anything you'll find. Add onto that being able to get any stat you need or onslaught on kill. I think tombfist is a clear winner above just about anything, losing two sockets is more then worth it imo.

Precursor's emblem ruby ring is also a potential huge upgrade over kaoms way, providing us with the +1 endurance charge, .3% regen per charge and a massive 9-14 fire damage per endurance charges, which at 9 charges is close to a ~9% dps upgrade for me. This is not cheap, but for the sake of displaying the max this build can achieve, it's worth including.

Finally this is not an upgrade, but an alternative to arctic armour. herald of purity. at max level it provides a ~10% dps upgrade for me. Is that worth sacrificing the defensive benefits of arctic armour? in most cases probably not, but it's worth noting the HoP mobs spawned will distract bosses and mobs from hitting you. thus providing pseudo defense. Including the ~10% dps upgrade, this is definitely a viable alternative for those who want to maximize damage.

edit: also want to clarify that increasing the area of molten strike in any way does not decrease the chance for the balls to hit (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V-WLgY5KQLBOHwMdLrBs4Z04y3W7PL5cWnHEmlHhfbs/edit#gid=1489701235), as the balls radius scales with the skill radius, although point blank will have less of an effect. This makes dying sun a roughly ~15% singlet target dps increase and a significant boost to the clear speed of the build. As when it comes to clear, the more area of effect this build can get, the better.
Last edited by grimchip on Sep 18, 2018, 8:32:38 PM
Thanks for the explanations guys!

My char is still 77 and the leech I was referring to was life; mana is fine. Life is fine too once it starts. It's just the initial engage/jump into the pack that can be painful.
"
Chrom wrote:
Thanks for the explanations guys!

My char is still 77 and the leech I was referring to was life; mana is fine. Life is fine too once it starts. It's just the initial engage/jump into the pack that can be painful.

Do you mean at the very start of the map, when you have no charges up?

As a Juggernaut, you could run Enduring Cry. If you use it next to a pack, you should get 2-3 charges for it's use. Each charge you gain has a 25% chance to put you at max immediately, so there's a high chance that 1 cry is enough to max you and then you won't be at risk at all anymore.

Are you able to tank deep delve mine?
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Are you able to tank deep delve mine?

Spoiler

Yes. :)

by now I spent 22 ex in this build
- loreweave 9ex
- kaoms way (x2) 4ex
- koams root +1 endurance 1 ex
- abyssus +3 molten proj 8ex

I dont know what upgrade next, I suppose a decent amulet

Fate Beads Lapis Amulet 3 days ago
Level: 60 ilvl: 86
+23 to Intelligence
+85 to maximum Life P1
58% increased Mana Regeneration Rate S2
+13 Life gained on Kill S1
Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage??
Elder

2 ex for this are worth it?

another question: what about diyng sun flask?
Last edited by Kalenji87 on Sep 19, 2018, 3:16:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info