[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

I'm probably gonna stick to using multistrike for my Chieftain mainly due to a couple of alterations to my own version of this build. Bought a fire Impresence so there's no mana reservation for his Blasphemy+Flammability, but to save the mana cost on having Vitality in my build. I got a watcher's eye that gives 30 life on hit with vitality and 13% chance to gain 10% of mana on attack/cast when clarity is up.

That precursor's emblem ring is an interesting suggestion, it does cost about 1-2 ex more than a Kaom's Way, but depending on which you get it can offer more benefits and could be far more useful in the long run. 2 socket tombfists I do agree as BiS gloves especially if someone gets some really sick abyss jewels on them.
The problem with precursor is that there are none for sale that are actually better than a Kaom's.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Chrom wrote:
Thanks for the explanations guys!

My char is still 77 and the leech I was referring to was life; mana is fine. Life is fine too once it starts. It's just the initial engage/jump into the pack that can be painful.

Do you mean at the very start of the map, when you have no charges up?

As a Juggernaut, you could run Enduring Cry. If you use it next to a pack, you should get 2-3 charges for it's use. Each charge you gain has a 25% chance to put you at max immediately, so there's a high chance that 1 cry is enough to max you and then you won't be at risk at all anymore.

Maybe he's talking about the degen from Nebuloch? because why would he have life problems before he starts mapping?
"
grimchip wrote:
there are several potental upgrades for this build, maybe consider including them in the guide. Tombfists I think should be auto-included due to the 10% more damage from intimidate and the abyssal jewels allow you to change resists around easily, two 49 hp abyss jewels and 6% life on the gloves is better then anything you'll find. Add onto that being able to get any stat you need or onslaught on kill. I think tombfist is a clear winner above just about anything, losing two sockets is more then worth it imo.

The problem with a build that uses a lot of unique items is how to cap resistances. We are removing an 80+ resistance gloves (cold and lightning) while we get only 60 at best from 2 abyssal jewels. Even if we manage to cap resistances somehow, we have to remove 2 gems. I added Tombfist (with jewels) to PoB (removed flammability+blasphemy) and found that dps decreased a little bit and life increased by about 160. I could have removed lightning golem+CWDT and dps would be the same, but the problem here is that we can't get more AS on jewels, because we need resistances and both are suffixes. So I think it is just a matter of price: if Tombfist+jewels are cheaper than rare gloves that gives same stats, just buy them.

"
grimchip wrote:

Precursor's emblem ruby ring is also a potential huge upgrade over kaoms way, providing us with the +1 endurance charge, .3% regen per charge and a massive 9-14 fire damage per endurance charges, which at 9 charges is close to a ~9% dps upgrade for me. This is not cheap, but for the sake of displaying the max this build can achieve, it's worth including.

Very interesting rings. Thanks for the suggestion. I think that Gain 1% of Fire Damage as Extra Chaos Damage per Endurance Charge is better than the flat fire per EC,, but the price will be defenitely higher. Also, we have to pay attention to resistances (The Wise Oak).

"
grimchip wrote:

Finally this is not an upgrade, but an alternative to arctic armour. herald of purity. at max level it provides a ~10% dps upgrade for me. Is that worth sacrificing the defensive benefits of arctic armour? in most cases probably not, but it's worth noting the HoP mobs spawned will distract bosses and mobs from hitting you. thus providing pseudo defense. Including the ~10% dps upgrade, this is definitely a viable alternative for those who want to maximize damage.

I think HoP gives more dps than Flammability, and also has a defensive benefit so maybe we can free some mana and use it instead.

"
grimchip wrote:

edit: also want to clarify that increasing the area of molten strike in any way does not decrease the chance for the balls to hit (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V-WLgY5KQLBOHwMdLrBs4Z04y3W7PL5cWnHEmlHhfbs/edit#gid=1489701235), as the balls radius scales with the skill radius, although point blank will have less of an effect. This makes dying sun a roughly ~15% singlet target dps increase and a significant boost to the clear speed of the build. As when it comes to clear, the more area of effect this build can get, the better.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the sheet doesn't show the difference in dps between conc effect and conc effect+dying sun. Increasing AoE is bad against bosses and good for clear speed. I will try to look into the python calculator later and see if I can find something useful.

Thank you very much for your feedback! I will add your suggestions as soon as possible.
"
Kalenji87 wrote:
by now I spent 22 ex in this build
- loreweave 9ex
- kaoms way (x2) 4ex
- koams root +1 endurance 1 ex
- abyssus +3 molten proj 8ex

I dont know what upgrade next, I suppose a decent amulet

Fate Beads Lapis Amulet 3 days ago
Level: 60 ilvl: 86
+23 to Intelligence
+85 to maximum Life P1
58% increased Mana Regeneration Rate S2
+13 Life gained on Kill S1
Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage??
Elder

2 ex for this are worth it?

another question: what about diyng sun flask?

Wow! I bought my Abyssus for 2 exalts (Bestiary).
As grimchip, dying sun could increase your dps by 15%. Atziri promise is 10% more dps (so 5% less damage than dying sun). If you want to buy dying sun, get one with the least possible area of effect.
"
reciprocate wrote:
2 socket tombfists I do agree as BiS gloves especially if someone gets some really sick abyss jewels on them.

Tombfists are good but I don't think they're BIS. Would you please try to fit them in the build in PoB and compare results with regular rare gloves?

"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
2 socket tombfists I do agree as BiS gloves especially if someone gets some really sick abyss jewels on them.

Tombfists are good but I don't think they're BIS. Would you please try to fit them in the build in PoB and compare results with regular rare gloves?

Just take a 2 abyssal socket Tombfist and stick a murderous eye and searching eye jewel with pretty much defensive mods such as 36+(T1) life and 8-10 all res and up to 15 on a single ele res, then enable maim and intimidated on config and you should get higher dps. You will lose a little bit of ele resists but can over 100 more life too. So the tradeoff in the end is losing a little bit of ele res and 2 regular sockets for more life and dps.

With amazing abyssal jewels like I already mentioned in my previous post (not run of the mill dirt cheap ones), they can overtake rare gloves with 10%+ attack speed, and T1 level life and ele res AND flat added phys like the gloves you have already set up in PoB. Neither of which (2sock tombfists + great abyssal jewels or your Bramble Fists) are by any means affordable or accessible for someone with a budget though.
Last edited by reciprocate on Sep 19, 2018, 11:47:52 PM
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:

Just take a 2 abyssal socket Tombfist and stick a murderous eye and searching eye jewel with pretty much defensive mods such as 36+(T1) life and 8-10 all res and up to 15 on a single ele res, then enable maim and intimidated on config and you should get higher dps. You will lose a little bit of ele resists but can over 100 more life too. So the tradeoff in the end is losing a little bit of ele res and 2 regular sockets for more life and dps.

With amazing abyssal jewels like I already mentioned in my previous post (not run of the mill dirt cheap ones), they can overtake rare gloves with 10%+ attack speed, and T1 level life and ele res AND flat added phys like the gloves you have already set up in PoB. Neither of which (2sock tombfists + great abyssal jewels or your Bramble Fists) are by any means affordable or accessible for someone with a budget though.

I asked you because I did that and found that regular gloves + 2 gems are better (dps and resistances) than tombfists + 2 jewels
Last edited by fjtheknight on Sep 20, 2018, 12:09:30 AM
Hi there,

first of all thank you for this build, i enjoy it a lot.

however with my items it feels extrem slow (movement).
The survialability is good (not, depending on Mapmods till EC stacked up).

I am wondering how i can survive with abysuss.

Here is my Char: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rijaall/characters
PoB: https://pastebin.com/EiuGjCr3

I'm grateful for help with improvement suggestions.
With leap slam + FA + BM, movement shouldn't be that much of an issue and still be pretty quick (until you hit a door that you get stuck on).

As for abyssus, as long as you have 80% or above phys damage reduction which is really easy with this build, then the damage taken increase is really not that noticeable, for example at level 94 with no abyssus, an Izaro slam might take off like 5-10% HP for me, or at least the health bar barely moves so it looks like it only takes that much, with abyssus you might lose 8-13%
Last edited by Carrmatt93 on Sep 20, 2018, 3:20:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info